EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-01-2005, 11:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've been reading throug this and see some comments that make me wonder if I want to upgrade to 1.6 right now .

What is the mainhud names that were removed? Are we talking about the maintained spell window names?

Also what is the slimline inventory? Anyone have some screenshots of the new update in action? Thanks!

(By the way: The collection window thing seemed to have sorted itself out. Dunno why it did that with the 100/100 and no quests shown, I didn't have an item selected or anything. Regardless, all is working properly now!)
Unread 09-01-2005, 12:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, I'm probably going to update to 1.6. Will I need to update my player ini file with the new one from 1.6 or will I be good to use the one I was using from 1.5e?
Unread 09-01-2005, 12:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbitz
I've been reading through this and see some comments that make me wonder if I want to upgrade to 1.6 right now .

What is the mainhud names that were removed? Are we talking about the maintained spell window names?

Also what is the slimline inventory? Anyone have some screenshots of the new update in action? Thanks!
1.6a out tomrrow - will bust be an update - not a full download, so will need 1.6 installed first.

names removed ???? all I did was hide "noxious, elemental etc" from the self - effects window - no biggie - it's back now in 1.6a

The inventory is this one: borrowed from Jaxel http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3708
Unread 09-01-2005, 07:50 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Just found your UI and I REALLY like it as far as the window pieces and colors and such goes, but really dont like the default layout I have adjusted everything to suit my tastes and have everything 1 one thing sorted. On my old UI i had a resizable hotbar mod that let me set some hotbars double horizontal and some bars double vertical. Is there any way to get this option in your UI? I tried looking at both of the XML files side by side but can not for the life of me figure it out. Thanks.
Unread 09-01-2005, 07:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Small request.

I have upgraded to 1.6 and everything is running smoothly.

Can't wait for the 1.6a update!

So far I have only noticed one bug similar to the one Eloora pointed out earlier in the thread. Just before I came here to post the auto combat sword would not go back to white after I left combat. It would remian a very lgiht red and go back to flashing to the dark red when I was in combat again.

Also I was wondering if you could implement the milquetowst info for access and legend and lote quests and horse prices etc. that is built into ThorUI.
And would it be possible to add the goldi's start button?

Can I pieces of other peoples mods to your work without breaking it now or later on?

I find myself switching to ThorUI just to use those buttons on the help window and if they were incorperated into your UI it would be 1 step closer to being a complete, fully skinned masterpiece!

Thanks again for all the work you have put into this Profit. I can't even play with the default UI anymore you have spoiled me!
Unread 09-01-2005, 08:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love your UI, it's the best one I've ever used! I have one problem that's driving me crazy however. Each time I log in my chat windows are either completely gone or the new windows I've added (by docking them to your 2 default ones provided) are missing. This happens every single time I log back in. Is there something I' m doing wrong or something I can do to fix this problem? Thanks and keep up the great work!
Unread 09-01-2005, 11:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow, your UI is fantastic, definitely the most original out there atm. One thing though--I used Fetish Nightfall for a while, in going back to the default window color sets, i was reminded how poorly some of those colors were chosen by SOE...particularly the brownish-grayish-gold color that is the 'foreground' (i guess) prevalent on so many windows (like the market window, the tradeskill window). Any plans on changing that to something different? Also, is there any way i could change a color value to alter it?

CS
Unread 09-02-2005, 01:02 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinar
So far I have only noticed one bug similar to the one Eloora pointed out earlier in the thread. Just before I came here to post the auto combat sword would not go back to white after I left combat. It would remian a very lgiht red and go back to flashing to the dark red when I was in combat again.
Sorry no idea why this happens.

Quote:
Also I was wondering if you could implement the milquetowst info for access and legend and lote quests and horse prices etc. that is built into ThorUI.

Will look into it.

Quote:
And would it be possible to add the goldi's start button?

No, My mod started because I really dislike that thing. If you want it, download it and use that instead. that's the beauty of interface pieces - they can usually be added together.

I never even used to have the bags/harvest/nightvision - I reluctantly added them from a guildy

Quote:
Can I pieces of other peoples mods to your work without breaking it now or later on?
Yes apart from clock, player, experience.
Unread 09-02-2005, 01:04 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicis
I love your UI, it's the best one I've ever used! I have one problem that's driving me crazy however. Each time I log in my chat windows are either completely gone or the new windows I've added (by docking them to your 2 default ones provided) are missing. This happens every single time I log back in. Is there something I' m doing wrong or something I can do to fix this problem? Thanks and keep up the great work!
Have you tried using the default ini settings as a base?

I know I've seen screen shots of this UI with more than 1 chat area, so it must work.

Sony have said in the past that they have issues with chat windows.
Unread 09-02-2005, 01:05 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalDogma
Wow, your UI is fantastic, definitely the most original out there atm. One thing though--I used Fetish Nightfall for a while, in going back to the default window color sets, i was reminded how poorly some of those colors were chosen by SOE...particularly the brownish-grayish-gold color that is the 'foreground' (i guess) prevalent on so many windows (like the market window, the tradeskill window). Any plans on changing that to something different? Also, is there any way i could change a color value to alter it?

CS
I actaully like the way the gold melds with my new blue buttons.

and no, no colour value

Last edited by Profit : 09-02-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Unread 09-02-2005, 07:06 AM
A Griffon

Default 1.6a now available.

See first post for download. (just a patch to full 1.6)

Changes to 1.6a
  • Clicking main health/power area now once again selects yourself
  • Backdrop available again on Self Effects and Group windows.
  • Self Effects has toggleable names (Titlebar).
  • Maintained Buff window no longer truncates long names.
  • Experience Disabled only displayed when showing Adventure Exp.
  • Revised Experience font - no more artifacts when showing "1" (thank Taco for pointing me to the font editor). Improved the "1" and "5" fonts.
  • In-Combat sword now part of Manastone area.
  • Hover over top Stat area to show Resistances. (For those like me that don't have the lower stat bar showing).
Unread 09-02-2005, 09:08 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit
See first post for download. (just a patch to full 1.6)

Changes to 1.6a
  • Clicking main health/power area now once again selects yourself
  • Backdrop available again on Self Effects and Group windows.
  • Self Effects has toggleable names (Titlebar).
  • Maintained Buff window no longer truncates long names.
  • Experience Disabled only displayed when showing Adventure Exp.
  • Revised Experience font - no more artifacts when showing "1" (thank Taco for pointing me to the font editor). Improved the "1" and "5" fonts.
  • In-Combat sword now part of Manastone area.
  • Hover over top Stat area to show Resistances. (For those like me that don't have the lower stat bar showing).

Thanks Cant wait to see it...

---
Unread 09-02-2005, 11:25 AM
A Brown Bear

This UI really needs to be top of the list 5 stars for you! It is simple yet gives me enough info (except one thing..I would like HP on stat bar, call me crazy). I have been using UI's since the beginning of EQInterface; with TKing and Drakah, I didn't thing I would find a UI that would fit...yours did perfectly. May you not grow tired of "I wants" anf keep on modding.

Envenom Wraak
35 Swashy 100 Gooey
Unread 09-02-2005, 12:08 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Hello Profit I saw a few posts from you but no reply to my question so I figured you may have missed it in all the others.

Theres only 1 major problem I have right now with your UI. Is there anything I can do in the hotkey xml file to make the hotkey bars resizable? Currently they are 1 row horizontal, would like to be able to adjust them to some be 2 columns vertical and some 2 rows horizontal. I have a mod with my old UI that allowed that, and I had to temporarily use that instead of your hotbars but I like yours better because they are smaller, just need to be able to adust the size and such. Thanks.

Also a small detail. I like to keep my target and implied target on the right hand side of the screen just above the group window. Up along the top its too far away from my group window (im a healer so like to have all that info in one place for a quick glance). Is there a possiblity of a smaller target and implied target window? I like the compass window but when I moved the target and implied target away i saw that it has a static bit I guess to mark where they go? Is there any way for me to remove that from the compass window?

Oh and just a question. I have the default group window up, I see that theres a small group window in the package. I keep my group window on the right hand side of the screen and would like to be able to see the effects icons, does the small one have the effects under the group members name or does it still go out to the right side? I can just forget about those if so, and just move it offscreen a bit. Thanks for the great UI.
Unread 09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
A Griffon

Hi sorry for not seeing the post.

You can always use another hotkey from the downloads section.

I've fixed it so you can size the compass - please redownload 1.6a
Unread 09-02-2005, 12:54 PM
A Griffon

Please re-download 1.6a - I messed up the maintained buffs window.
Unread 09-02-2005, 01:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Hey Profit..

GREAT UI, u've made here, I only have 2 things..

1/ I cant get the manastone reasy message to pop/or remove the icons
2/ WOuld llike to have nameds and timer on the maintained spells back

What can I do to make this happen ??

Thnx M8
Unread 09-02-2005, 01:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechau
Hey Profit..

GREAT UI, u've made here, I only have 2 things..

1/ I cant get the manastone reasy message to pop/or remove the icons
2/ WOuld llike to have nameds and timer on the maintained spells back

What can I do to make this happen ??

Thnx M8
Please read previous post.

Please ensure you are using my clock and start button as this initializes some windows.
Unread 09-02-2005, 02:19 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Hi sorry for not seeing the post.

You can always use another hotkey from the downloads section.

I've fixed it so you can size the compass - please redownload 1.6a
Thanks for the compass thing. As for the hotkeys, is it possible to make your resizable, and if so is it something you can give me a hint about where to look? I want to use yours since its smaller and has the autohide bank selector if possible.
Unread 09-02-2005, 02:45 PM
An Undead Settler

Umm I maybe missing something but where is the link to DL 1.6a? there is no update in the patches area for 1.6a and your link in the 1.6 post points back to these forum area
Unread 09-02-2005, 03:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am having a problem with 1.6b. If you see the attached screenshot, I have a box that is circled in red, that doesn't go across the full screen, but it is covering up anything I put over it. ie: If I put the actionbar there, I cannot see the actionbar. I am using just your UI, and your UI Settings. What is this and how do I fix/remove it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	3588  
Unread 09-02-2005, 04:01 PM
A Griffon

well that looks a mess!

1. Turn off letterbox mode

2. That doesn't look like my chat window

3. Please check again to see if you are using my ini file.
Unread 09-02-2005, 04:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu
Umm I maybe missing something but where is the link to DL 1.6a? there is no update in the patches area for 1.6a and your link in the 1.6 post points back to these forum area
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/a...achmentid=3583
Unread 09-02-2005, 04:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
well that looks a mess!

1. Turn off letterbox mode

2. That doesn't look like my chat window

3. Please check again to see if you are using my ini file.
yeah the chatbox was changed to remove the scrollbar, thats it for the most part.

Trying letterbox mode now. and yeah its a mess because I had to move everything trying to find what window that was :P
*edit*
Letterbox mode worked. thanks a lot sorry for the nub question. I'm new to the UI Scene in EQ2... I wish they would let us use lua :'(

Last edited by Apoco : 09-02-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Unread 09-02-2005, 04:31 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco
yeah the chatbox was changed to remove the scrollbar, thats it for the most part.

Trying letterbox mode now. and yeah its a mess because I had to move everything trying to find what window that was :P
*edit*
Letterbox mode worked. thanks a lot sorry for the nub question. I'm new to the UI Scene in EQ2... I wish they would let us use lua :'(

My default chat does not have the scroll bar - all the extra bit only appear when you mouse over.

Glad you got it working.