EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2start button

I love this UI .. my brother on the other hand doesn't .. is there anyway i can get a file of just the eq2start button? ( i have seen others but like this one the most) i like the lockouttimer and vision stuff.
thx
Unread 04-06-2006, 04:54 PM
A Berserk Golem

everything i can think of with the ui is fine... the only thing really bugging me is when i change from windowed fullscreen to windowed mode and visa versa, the quest journal helper moves out of place, and changes shape every.... single... time... its very frusterating as i change out of modes quite often. is there a fix for this?
Unread 04-06-2006, 06:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraenhawk
Crash,

I didn't understand what you meant by pet spells at first. You're referring to spells you commonly use with your pet, like pet heal and pet stances and such?

Yes, fraenhawk, that's what I meant.

You didn't mention, one thing. Did the control panel let you scale the maintained effects like you wanted?

The control panel offers you the option to size your hotbars and effects windows, but I do not see a way to change the maintained spells.

P.S. There's a Quote button at the bottom right of every post that starts a reply with the other post quoted
Yes, I saw the quote button, but it didn't offer me the ability to quote the entire post; only the part that the new poster writes. It would not have included what I had originally written, only what you had replied.
Unread 04-06-2006, 09:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheebau
I've modded the start button to replace the 2 shadow buttons by icons to consume food and drinks - I find myself using these more often that shadows - I can post it if people are interested...

--Pheebau

Can you post it please?

thanks
Unread 04-06-2006, 10:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

How do you turn of the theme. I believe this UI comes with Chop's Silver theme as the default and I would like to just use the EQ2 default. It is quite possible that I don't know what the heck I am asking for so I will also add what I am trying to "fix"

I have a couple of other mods that I like to use that I copied over the ProfitUI. When I pull them up.. For instance the Kosmo's Tracking... It is silvered out... even though if I use the same exact file in a folder on its own it is not silver. I am guessing that whatever makes it silver is not in the file itself, but in someother file.

Thanks in advance!
Unread 04-07-2006, 02:53 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidius
Can you post it please?

thanks
You can try to use this startbutton that i use, and it's very useful for me

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4172

enjoy^^
Unread 04-07-2006, 12:01 PM
A Brown Bear

i love this addon but i need also a clickable spells buttons under each group member of group window.
does any1 knows any single addon for window group compatible with profit reborn to heal with one click in group window?
Unread 04-08-2006, 01:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Don't now for sure, but if you look how many classes can heal and how many different spells for healing each class has, it would be no easy task to make such a window with pre-defined healing-buttons. I can be wrong however.
Unread 04-08-2006, 06:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graig Warder
Don't now for sure, but if you look how many classes can heal and how many different spells for healing each class has, it would be no easy task to make such a window with pre-defined healing-buttons. I can be wrong however.
i hasnt 2 be predefined , just has to have some 4 or 5 free spaces under each group member and allow to drag the spells each class wanna put under.

it can be made dragable but its more dificult to writte code or can be insteat of drageable writteable in lua just leaving a file where ppl has to put the names of spells wanna cast.

i have seen addons of this kind in other rpg games.
Unread 04-08-2006, 08:02 AM
A Grove Wisp

I dont know about the group window, but the target bar near the bottom (the one that lists Self > Target > Implied all in one window) did this for me on my templar, the effects indicators under the self window allowed me to click them and cast the appropriate cure spell.
Unread 04-08-2006, 02:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow

Is there a way to resize the bag sizes?
Unread 04-08-2006, 06:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love this UI and have to give my thanks to you guys for keeping it going. I do have a question for you though.
Is there a way to put back the red box that went around the group member's names in the group window. I am a Templar and always am glancing at my group window to check health and such, but it's a little harder to make sure I am clicked on the right member now with no red box. Is there a way for me to just change that back? Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.
Unread 04-09-2006, 12:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscountry
I love this UI and have to give my thanks to you guys for keeping it going. I do have a question for you though.
Is there a way to put back the red box that went around the group member's names in the group window. I am a Templar and always am glancing at my group window to check health and such, but it's a little harder to make sure I am clicked on the right member now with no red box. Is there a way for me to just change that back? Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.
If you switch to the smaller group window the character selected has a grey background making it easy to see who you have selected. I wish they would add that to the Raid window too.

Sin

PS here are instructions on how to get the smaller window cut and paste from the download thread.

- Reducing the size of the group member window: There are files in the ProfitUI directory (smaller.eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml).
Simply delete the existing file for the one you want to change and remove the extra verbage in the file name.
[center](ex: Rename
smaller.eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml)

Last edited by Siniac : 04-09-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Unread 04-09-2006, 12:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Default xp status bar disappearing

I love ProfitUI Reborn, but I'm having an odd problem....On one of my computers, it works fine, but on the other, the status bar for the experience window is only visible when I hover over the window...when I don't hover over it, the rest of the window is normal, but the status bar area is just black. I've fiddled with the opacity settings over and over without getting any improvement. If I change the window settings from "Frame Only" to "None", it shows the other statusbar, with runspeed, status points, and carrying capacity. I've reinstalled ProfitUI 2.2.2 from scratch from the zip file twice in case I screwed up something during installation, but there's no difference. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Unread 04-09-2006, 01:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

So, in answering my own question ... after much tweaking I just finished the XP-window to use with small fonts enabled. I attach the file, so if anybody want to use it, you can exchange it with the original file. The only difference between original and mine is the display-width of the XP-value.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (33.7 KB, 355 views)
Unread 04-09-2006, 01:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen
Default from a seasoned Profit UI user to all

IF YOU JUST DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THIS UI ... PLS STOP ASKING FOR ENTIRE WINDOWS TO BE RE WRITTEN!!.
also pls go back and read all previous posts and updates so you understand the stages this ui has gone through the updates it has gone through.

This UI is being maintained by the community (a few people specifically) and they are doing a really awsome job. If you like it, use it! if you don't, then use a different one. I really don't think its appropriate to download and install a new ui and then come on forums and say hey, " completely redo this or that window cuz i think its better that way"(will refrain from quoting people but its getting old). That would be for you to do (if you do change it, good post the results since maybe others would like to use). If you have a bug or problem that is preventing you from using the UI as intended than post here. There are many people that can help you workaround your issues. If you find a window from a different UI particularly useful then post a link here so others may try it out and comment. If enough profit community like maybe it will get included but don't expect it.

I am seeing alot of posts asking to redo whole windows and even posts to change windows and parts of windows back to what can be found in previous versions of profit but have since been updated. "updated" being the keyword.
If you like it different use the older version of that particular window. or substitute the window or style you do like from a different UI.

Please remember this is community supported there is no full time coder working on this ui simply to create your perfect tailored version. Lets not turn this thread into a place where everyone comes on and asks for the UI to be redone the way they like it when its already done the way the majority of profit users like it.

I think the majority of the community, that has been using profit ui for along time is happy with the UI, although im sure refinements, bugs fixes, and live update fixes will continue to take place.
Unread 04-09-2006, 03:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecla
IF YOU JUST DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THIS UI ... PLS STOP ASKING FOR ENTIRE WINDOWS TO BE RE WRITTEN!!.
also pls go back and read all previous posts and updates so you understand the stages this ui has gone through the updates it has gone through.

This UI is being maintained by the community (a few people specifically) and they are doing a really awsome job. If you like it, use it! if you don't, then use a different one. I really don't think its appropriate to download and install a new ui and then come on forums and say hey, " completely redo this or that window cuz i think its better that way"(will refrain from quoting people but its getting old). That would be for you to do (if you do change it, good post the results since maybe others would like to use). If you have a bug or problem that is preventing you from using the UI as intended than post here. There are many people that can help you workaround your issues. If you find a window from a different UI particularly useful then post a link here so others may try it out and comment. If enough profit community like maybe it will get included but don't expect it.

I am seeing alot of posts asking to redo whole windows and even posts to change windows and parts of windows back to what can be found in previous versions of profit but have since been updated. "updated" being the keyword.
If you like it different use the older version of that particular window. or substitute the window or style you do like from a different UI.

Please remember this is community supported there is no full time coder working on this ui simply to create your perfect tailored version. Lets not turn this thread into a place where everyone comes on and asks for the UI to be redone the way they like it when its already done the way the majority of profit users like it.

I think the majority of the community, that has been using profit ui for along time is happy with the UI, although im sure refinements, bugs fixes, and live update fixes will continue to take place.
Totally agree. This UI is kept alive by a few individuals who give of their free time willingly. If you want window revamps...do it yourself.
Unread 04-09-2006, 05:10 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

/agree

Great job guys, keep up the brilliant work
Unread 04-09-2006, 06:24 PM
A Brown Bear

i am also agree, its a very good UI , the best i have tried for eq2 , but even this i think its not bad that ppl ask for new windows and changes (if the changes are to make better UI)

( forgive me for my english lvl )
Unread 04-09-2006, 07:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Chat Box help =)

Hey! I've looked all over for the answer to this question so please forgive me if I've overlooked it somehow.

I love the chat box for this UI. I have two problems with my chat window though. First is I can't grab it and move it even though I've unchecked the locked and click through boxes, and I've tried with all the setting (ie none, frame only and frame and title)

My other problem is that I like to have more than one box open at a time so I tried to drag some tabs from the original chat box to the right side of the screen but it's not working the box goes over but it's unreadable and I am unable to move the chat box no matter how I set it (ie none, fame only, title and frame). In addition I've tried to go with the create new tab way and I get the same issues.

So for example chat box on left side would contain tabs OCC, Chat, Game, Player and chat box on right would contain tabs Guild, Spells, Combat...etc.

Like that.

Thanks in advance
Unread 04-10-2006, 01:41 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katari
Hey! I've looked all over for the answer to this question so please forgive me if I've overlooked it somehow.

I love the chat box for this UI. I have two problems with my chat window though. First is I can't grab it and move it even though I've unchecked the locked and click through boxes, and I've tried with all the setting (ie none, frame only and frame and title)

My other problem is that I like to have more than one box open at a time so I tried to drag some tabs from the original chat box to the right side of the screen but it's not working the box goes over but it's unreadable and I am unable to move the chat box no matter how I set it (ie none, fame only, title and frame). In addition I've tried to go with the create new tab way and I get the same issues.

So for example chat box on left side would contain tabs OCC, Chat, Game, Player and chat box on right would contain tabs Guild, Spells, Combat...etc.

Like that.

Thanks in advance

Hmmm...

I read some time ago about someone having this problem, I just don't remember where. I do remember the answer to it, I think.

Not sure if you have already tried this. It might be a pain to setup all windows again and such, but if that's the only option to make it work. (Not sure it will)

Remove
(cut/paste it to somewhere) your server_name_eq2_uisetting for 1 of your characters and start fresh with setting it up from scratch. It's located in your root everquest II folder.

As I said, I do not know if this will work, or if you have already tried it. But, it might be worth a shot.

Good luck!

Xarox Soulfire(Europe-Splitpaw)

Last edited by xarox : 04-10-2006 at 01:43 AM.
Unread 04-10-2006, 02:11 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

[Bug-report]

Think I just noticed a bug.

If you look in the upper left corner of the screenshot, it lists guild xp at 93.7%.

In the guild window itself, it lists it at 92.7%. I verified this by checking my wife's guild experience display. She runs on ThorUI. Her display also says 92.7%.

Xarox Soulfire (Europe-Splitpaw)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000003.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	4819  
Unread 04-10-2006, 08:54 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorin
i am also agree, its a very good UI , the best i have tried for eq2 , but even this i think its not bad that ppl ask for new windows and changes (if the changes are to make better UI)
With all due respect ..better for whom? The person that just downloaded and installed the UI and has no history with what the "long time profit" users want or think is good? These are the people my post is aimed at, the new users. If you look back you will see numerous posts saying, "hey i just downloaded this UI, but can you redo this window cuz "I" like it better this way or that way". Saw one post asking to change something back to the way it was in a much older profit version simply cuz they think it would work better for them.

We have had a huge amount of additions and refinements in the latest compilations to make this UI the complete work that it is, and i will be forever grateful to GM9 and spiricore for the time and attention they have given both this UI and the forum structure it finds its new home in.

That said lets refocus this thread on helping people fix the installation problems they are having and working out any remaining bugs that may be present. check out the main page for the current wishlist of "fixes" the community as a whole, has asked for.

On that note if your not happy with the current hotbar this one works great for me none of the "bugs" that people are complaining about with profit and even takes on the silver theme. personally i like it because it has just enough border inbetween icons to allow for easy moving. I can turn the text and the bank selectors on and off and it has no resizing issues at all.
Once you try it you will probably keep it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MookHotkey18.zip (1.5 KB, 319 views)

Last edited by firecla : 04-10-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Unread 04-10-2006, 11:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siniac
If you switch to the smaller group window the character selected has a grey background making it easy to see who you have selected. I wish they would add that to the Raid window too.

Sin

PS here are instructions on how to get the smaller window cut and paste from the download thread.

- Reducing the size of the group member window: There are files in the ProfitUI directory (smaller.eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml).
Simply delete the existing file for the one you want to change and remove the extra verbage in the file name.
[center](ex: Rename
smaller.eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml to eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml)

Thank You SO much!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. (Not a change to the whole window scheme for everyone, just for me.)Thanks again!
Unread 04-10-2006, 02:36 PM
A Brown Bear

I aologize if this has been asked before, but i looked and didn't see anything regarding the bottom bar.

Is there a way to permanantly turn off/disable the bottom bar? As it stands right now I have to manually shut it off, everytime I log in.

Thx.
Closed Thread