Unread 11-22-2008, 01:54 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jida View Post
The top bar in that is the actual auto attack timer that your creating

The bottom bar is the progress bar for each combat art he is casting.

they are linked together one on top of the other.

That is the feature i asked about earlier

and for the record, you cant dual wield while wearing a shield :|
That's weird...lol I just finished changing it to that

And reins is correct, the very top bar is the casting bar, the other 2 are primary and secondary
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:58 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unrest

I missed it i guess. just saw the sheild and was like , umm.. what?
Unread 11-22-2008, 05:37 AM
A man among men

What color does the autoattack combat bubble use????
Unread 11-22-2008, 05:46 AM
A man among men

Here's a newer version in which I added the horizontal resizability and the more compact Secondary page. I'm still working on CombatBubbles, so give me some time.

The finished product is going to be a big mess of code
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_custom_autoattacktimer.xml (9.0 KB, 323 views)
Unread 11-22-2008, 06:00 AM
A man among men

Ok I figured out the default color of autoattacks. It is ff8000
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:13 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

OK, I disabled third party combat bubbles in my options window, is there anything else I need to disable?

Also, are these still triggering on any bubble?
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:54 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
OK, I disabled third party combat bubbles in my options window, is there anything else I need to disable?

Also, are these still triggering on any bubble?
Yes. Refer to three posts down. I'm still working on it.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-22-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Unread 11-22-2008, 02:49 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
Ok I figured out the default color of autoattacks. It is ff8000
Don't worry about the color, just make it a requirement that people turn off third party combat bubbles, because as GM9 said, the color is configurable.

ALso, if third party bubbles are enabled, you could delay the auto attack bar due to the bubbles not processing quick enough.
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:07 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reins View Post
Don't worry about the color, just make it a requirement that people turn off third party combat bubbles, because as GM9 said, the color is configurable.

ALso, if third party bubbles are enabled, you could delay the auto attack bar due to the bubbles not processing quick enough.
I personally would worry about color as I think it is a great approach to it. I believe gm9 said you could read the value that is set for autoattack unless I am wrong?
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:11 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
I personally would worry about color as I think it is a great approach to it. I believe gm9 said you could read the value that is set for autoattack unless I am wrong?
The problem is that if you have 3rd party bubbles on, that is alot of processing that will be happening, and the more bubbles the more delayed your bubbles will be. It will make the bar less accurate.
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:16 PM
A Griffon

Oh, i fully agree with turning off 3rd party bubbles, but the problem is, getting hit uses the same styles so it will trigger it as well, you need to differentiate between the red getting hit and the orange hitting
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:22 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Ah thats true, just noticed it. How do you process a miss? I don't see miss notifications showing up in combat bubbles.
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:33 PM
A Griffon

Misses do show up in the combat bubbles and if I am not mistaken, combat art misses have the border, autoattack misses do not

gm9 stated earlier that you would need to check the value to ensure that it is either an integer or "miss". this would exclude double attack, reflect, parry, etc from triggering it

so if we could make sure that only autoattack style bubbles that are either an orange integer or the word miss will trigger it should do the trick. of course having 3rd party bubbles off will make these calculations faster.

On another note, does this take into account haste already or does that still need to be implemented?
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:40 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Haste is take care of via the delay dynamic data.

Also, you wouldn't necessarily need to filter out the integers and Misses, all the other notifications show up at the same time, so even if you reset the auto attack bar each time it all happens so quickly that it won't affect anything.

I think it would be less cpu intensive if you don't do word compares or integer checks. You'd also have to check for the parry, riposte, block, dodge words because an auto attack could be avoided via any of those methods. So just resetting it regardless of the combatbubble as long as it is the right color and does not have the shadow is the way to go iMO
Unread 11-23-2008, 02:16 AM
A man among men

Sorry I was gone all day.

reins is right, filtering out misses/riposite/block/etc would be unnecessary code. The way I see it is if Color/ShadowStyle checking is not enough, the Font checking too would be enough. We could also make it so it only fires with a certain color regardless of the ShadowStyle. But the problem with that is the person would have to change the color manually instead of using the default color (which is the orange one), and you could change the color to white or whatever color we choose.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-23-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Unread 11-23-2008, 03:15 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Sorry I was gone all day.

reins is right, filtering out misses/riposite/block/etc would be unnecessary code. The way I see it is if Color/ShadowStyle checking is not enough, the Font checking too would be enough. We could also make it so it only fires with a certain color regardless of the ShadowStyle. But the problem with that is the person would have to change the color manually instead of using the default color (which is the orange one), and you could change the color to white or whatever color we choose.
There is no way around the ShadowStyle, if you don't check it then the bar will reset on combat arts, which is incorrect. In the combat bubbles, you can't change the color of only auto attack, you change the color of your outgoing damage. So you have to check that the combat bubble text is the specified color, and has no shadowstyle.
Unread 11-23-2008, 06:25 AM
A man among men

Ok I believe I got it working with CombatBubbles. But here are the probs I see: Riposite damage gets counted in and the timer resets, and a secondary weapon screws up the timer as well.

Since this is mainly for DPS classes, I'm sure the riposite problem means nothing because tanks are usually the ones getting attacked. The other problem?? I have no clue

Anyone know where there's an attack dummy????

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-23-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Unread 11-23-2008, 07:03 AM
A Griffon

I would like to use this on my pally, so ripostes would be a problem for me, but I don't see a way around it.

I thought the second problem was already solved. This is the way I saw it

When dual wielding, both fire at the same time initially. Then the delays kick in for both bars. When an autoattack fires, the bar closest to finishing is reset.

Would that not work?
Unread 11-23-2008, 07:24 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That's what I thought also. Did you see my post here drago?
Unread 11-23-2008, 09:29 AM
A Brown Bear

Any way to post this "officially"?

Would love to try it (even in beta shape), but am not really sure how to install and bring it up in-game (new at this).

This information is usually placed on the downloads page, is it ready enough to make a formal page? Is there a page already with install instructions that I am missing?

Thanks for the hard work! This looks incredible!!
Unread 11-23-2008, 12:17 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Ok I believe I got it working with CombatBubbles. But here are the probs I see: Riposite damage gets counted in and the timer resets, and a secondary weapon screws up the timer as well.

Since this is mainly for DPS classes, I'm sure the riposite problem means nothing because tanks are usually the ones getting attacked. The other problem?? I have no clue

Anyone know where there's an attack dummy????
As far as an attack dummy, go to the tabernacle of pain in Kunzar Jungle, there is a wall there you can attack. You could also get access to a guild hall that has training dummy's.

As far as the secondary weapon, just use gm9's logic tree that he posted, that gives you the entire flow you need to use.
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:42 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldweasel View Post
Any way to post this "officially"?

Would love to try it (even in beta shape), but am not really sure how to install and bring it up in-game (new at this).
When it is ready for release I'll upload it officially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reins View Post
As far as the secondary weapon, just use gm9's logic tree that he posted, that gives you the entire flow you need to use.
I'm not sure about that.

After thorough testing I see now that it works well with ShadowStyles/TextColor. It will no longer reset when getting hurt, or using a combat art. Again, the problem is the Secondary weapon. Whether the SecondaryPage is there or not, the Combat bubbles will fire two different autoattacks, which will reset the bars. As of now I see no way around this.

I'll take a look at his tree, but till then here's the newest code:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="263,327" MaximumSize="16384,54" MinimumSize="44,54" Name="AutoAttackTimer" PackLocation="center,bottom" ScrollExtent="385,54" Size="385,54" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true">
<Composite AbsorbsInput="false" DynamicData="/GameData.Self.AutoAttack" Name="TimerPages" OnHide="hide_window Custom.AutoAttacktimer" OnShow="MeleePage.Visible=true
show_window Custom.AutoAttacktimer" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="385,54" Size="385,54" SpacingType="Fill" Visible="false">
<Button AbsorbsInput="false" Name="CombatBubbleOnShow" OnPress="Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.ProxyActor.CombatBubble.OnActivate=TMP2
Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.ProxyActor.CombatBubble.OnShow=TMP" TMP="Activated=(LowerText.ShadowStyle=='/ShadowStyles.Outline.BlackOutline1')" TMP2="Activated=false
Parent.Parent.AutoAttackTimer.TimerPages.Trigger.Activated=(LowerText.TextColor=='#FF8000')" Visible="false"/>
<Button AbsorbsInput="false" Name="Trigger" OnActivate="Activated=false
Parent.SizeLocationCalc.Press=true
Parent.MeleePage.Primary.ProgressPage.ProgressTimer.Activated=(Parent.MeleePage.Visible=='true')
Parent.MeleePage.Secondary.ProgressPage.ProgressTimer.Activated=(Parent.MeleePage.Visible=='true')
Parent.Ranged.ProgressPage.ProgressTimer.Activated=(Parent.Ranged.Visible=='true')" Visible="false"/>
<Button AbsorbsInput="false" Location="-350,0" Name="SizeLocationCalc" OnPress="Calc1=Size
Calc2=Calc1*2/2
Calc3=Calc2-TMP
Calc4=Calc3/5
Calc5=Calc4/2
LocationCalc=Calc5-Calc4
SizeCalc=Calc5" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8" TMP="5" Visible="false"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Name="MeleePage" ScrollExtent="385,54" OnShow="Secondary.Visible=false
Secondary.Visible=Secondary.DelayValue.Visible
Parent.CombatBubbleOnShow.Press=true" PackSize="a,f" Size="385,54" Visible="false">
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Name="Primary" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="385,37" Size="385,37">
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Large.LargeStyle" Location="25,2" Margin="1,0,2,2" Name="AutoAttackText" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="356,21" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.OutlineDrop.style" Size="356,21" TextAlignment="Center" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" TextColor="#F0D080">Melee Auto Attack</Text>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" DynamicData="/GameData.Stats.Primary_Delay" Enabled="false" Font="/TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle" Location="0,24" Name="DelayValue" ScrollExtent="24,12" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Drop.style" Size="24,12" TextAlignment="Right" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" UserScrollable="false"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="28,26" Name="ProgressPage" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8">
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" Location="68,0" Name="Marker20" PackLocation="npn,nfn" ScrollExtent="1,8" Size="1,8"/>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" Location="137,0" Name="Marker40" PackLocation="npn,nfn" ScrollExtent="1,8" Size="1,8"/>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" Location="205,0" Name="Marker60" PackLocation="npn,nfn" ScrollExtent="1,8" Size="1,8"/>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" Location="274,0" Name="Marker80" PackLocation="npn,nfn" ScrollExtent="1,8" Size="1,8"/>
<Button AbsorbsInput="false" AMT="',0'" Location="-350,0" Name="ProgressTimer" OnActivate="Activated=false
Press=true" OnEffectFinished="Location=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.SizeLocationCalc.LocationCalc ## AMT" OnPress="SpeedCalc=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.SizeLocationCalc.SizeCalc/Parent.Parent.DelayValue.Text
Parent.TimerTriggerPrimary.Speed=SpeedCalc ## ',0'" OnPressEffector="TimerTriggerPrimary" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8" Style="ProgressTimerStyle" Visible="false"/>
<LocationEffector Name="TimerTriggerPrimary"/>
</Page>
<Image AbsorbsInput="false" Location="28,26" Name="Bkg" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8" SourceRect="220,472,380,478" SourceResource="/images/window_elements_generic.dds"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="25,23" Name="Frame" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/rectlist.chat_bubble_frame" ScrollExtent="356,14" Size="356,14"/>
</Page>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="0,36" Name="Secondary" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="385,14" Size="385,14" Visible="false">
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" DynamicData="/GameData.Stats.Secondary_Delay" Enabled="false" Font="/TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle" Location="0,1" Name="DelayValue" OnHide="Parent.Visible=false" OnShow="Parent.Visible=true" ScrollExtent="24,12" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Drop.style" Size="24,12" TextAlignment="Right" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" UserScrollable="false" Visible="false"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="28,3" Name="ProgressPage" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8">
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" Location="68,0" Name="Marker20" PackLocation="npn,nfn" ScrollExtent="1,8" Size="1,8"/>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" Location="137,0" Name="Marker40" PackLocation="npn,nfn" ScrollExtent="1,8" Size="1,8"/>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" Location="205,0" Name="Marker60" PackLocation="npn,nfn" ScrollExtent="1,8" Size="1,8"/>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="0.475" Location="274,0" Name="Marker80" PackLocation="npn,nfn" ScrollExtent="1,8" Size="1,8"/>
<Button AbsorbsInput="false" AMT="',0'" Location="-350,0" Name="ProgressTimer" OnActivate="Activated=false
Press=true" OnEffectFinished="Location=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.SizeLocationCalc.LocationCalc ## AMT" OnPress="SpeedCalc=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.SizeLocationCalc.SizeCalc/Parent.Parent.DelayValue.Text
Parent.TimerTriggerSecondary.Speed=SpeedCalc ## &apos;,0&apos;" OnPressEffector="TimerTriggerSecondary" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8" Style="ProgressTimerStyle" Visible="false"/>
<LocationEffector Name="TimerTriggerSecondary"/>
</Page>
<Image AbsorbsInput="false" Location="28,3" Name="Bkg" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8" SourceRect="220,472,380,478" SourceResource="/images/window_elements_generic.dds"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="25,0" Name="Frame" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/rectlist.chat_bubble_frame" ScrollExtent="356,14" Size="356,14"/>
</Page>
</Page>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" DynamicData="/GameData.Self.RangedAutoAttack" Name="Ranged" OnHide="Parent.MeleePage.Visible=true" OnShow="Parent.MeleePage.Visible=false" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="385,37" Size="385,37" Visible="false">
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Large.LargeStyle" Location="25,2" Margin="1,0,2,2" Name="AutoAttackText" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="356,21" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.OutlineDrop.style" Size="356,21" TextAlignment="Center" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" TextColor="#F0D080">Ranged Auto Attack</Text>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" DynamicData="/GameData.Stats.Ranged_Delay" Enabled="false" Font="/TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle" Location="0,24" Name="DelayValue" ScrollExtent="24,12" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Drop.style" Size="24,12" TextAlignment="Right" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" UserScrollable="false"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="28,26" Name="ProgressPage" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8">
Press=true" OnEffectFinished="Location=Parent.Parent.Parent.SizeLocationCalc.LocationCalc ## AMT" OnPress="SpeedCalc=Parent.Parent.Parent.SizeLocationCalc.SizeCalc/Parent.Parent.DelayValue.Text
SpeedCalc=SpeedCalc*2
Parent.TimerTriggerRanged.Speed=SpeedCalc ## &apos;,0&apos;" OnPressEffector="TimerTriggerRanged" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8" Style="ProgressTimerStyle" Visible="false"/>
<LocationEffector Name="TimerTriggerRanged"/>
</Page>
<Image AbsorbsInput="false" Location="28,26" Name="Bkg" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="350,8" Size="350,8" SourceRect="220,472,380,478" SourceResource="/images/window_elements_generic.dds"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="25,23" Name="Frame" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/rectlist.chat_bubble_frame" ScrollExtent="356,14" Size="356,14"/>
</Page>
</Composite>
<ButtonStyle Name="ProgressTimerStyle" RStyleDefault="Progress_Timer.progress_timer_rect"/>
<Namespace Name="Progress_Timer">
<ImageStyle Name="progress_timer_fill">
<ImageFrame Name="progress_fill" Source="images/window_elements_generic.dds" SourceRect="218,464,219,470"/>
</ImageStyle>
<RectangleStyle Center="progress_timer_fill" CenterShrinkV="true" CenterStretchH="false" Name="progress_timer_rect" NorthStretch="false" SouthStretch="false" TitleStretch="false" WestStretch="false"/>
</Namespace>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Name="WindowFrame" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="385,54" Size="385,54">
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="-1,-2" Name="Frame" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.DesktopWindowFrame.data.frame.rect" ScrollExtent="387,57" Size="387,57"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="-1,-2" Name="Bkg" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.DesktopWindowFrame.data.bkg.rect" ScrollExtent="390,59" Size="390,59"/>
</Page>
</Page>
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_custom_autoattacktimer.xml (9.5 KB, 492 views)

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-23-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 11-23-2008, 09:04 PM
A man among men

How do you do: Visible=false if DelayValue.Text=Parent.Primary.DelayValue.Text

Here's my latest code. My last code was calculating the Size/Location wrong in decimals, so I fixed that.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_custom_autoattacktimer.xml (9.7 KB, 306 views)

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-23-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Unread 11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
How do you do: Visible=false if DelayValue.Text=Parent.Primary.DelayValue.Text
CONDITION=DelayValue.Text==Parent.Primary.DelayValue.Text
Visible=CONDITION ? false : true
Unread 11-23-2008, 11:53 PM
A man among men

Thank you gm9, I seem to have got that working . I never took a class for any scripting language (a la xml, lua, etc) or learned it officially, so I'm still learning but I wont forgot what I've been taught. I've been learning xml through EQ2 so bear with me.

Now gm9; I understand your logic tree. My problem is that when you are dual wielding with different weapons, the CombatBubbles screw up because of the different delays, and the same color/shadowstyle. I'm not sure how to fix this, but it definitely is an issue. Any ideas?

Code:
if (RangedAutoAttack) {
	start ranged bar;
} else {
	if (SecondaryDelay) {
		if (PrimaryBar.Position == SecondaryBar.Position) {
			trigger PrimaryBar;
			trigger SecondaryBar;
		}elseif (PrimaryBar.Position < SecondaryBar.Position) {
			trigger PrimaryBar;
		}else{
			trigger SecondaryBar;
		}
	}else{
		trigger PrimaryBar;
	}
}

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-23-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Closed Thread