Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 01-10-2005, 09:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidfury
Oh I wouldn't say it's impossible,... Someone will do it =)
Thanks man!
It's not a matter of being able to do it or not by coding skills. You can't do it. Period. The dynamic data is not there for us. It's on the Dynamic Data wish list already... all we can do is wait and hope.
Unread 01-10-2005, 09:13 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Quote:
Could you point me in the right direction, I am in the process of disasembling your code to take away the hotbar arrow/number portions, If it is already done, that would be great!
I originally released them on page 7 or 8, theres an uodated version on page 10 if you prefer them to default to having the bank selector off.

Quote:
Oh I wouldn't say it's impossible,... Someone will do it =),.. I suppose I will have a crack at it if no one else will. If it's not possible in your eyes, and others, why not request that this be allowed to the developers in the Devloper to UI designers chat here? Or the EQ2 forums? Just curious as to what prevents it.

Thanks man!
It is, at the oment, impossible because the information to do it isn't made available to us to manipulate. Its on our "wish list" for the EQ2 UI Team but nothing more we can do right now. I feel for ya because i'd love ot be able to do it.
Unread 01-10-2005, 09:46 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Question Making Chat background black

Could you please send me the image file, or files that will allow my chat background and everything else that uses that Greyish background .. IE: Active Quest journal , Chat windows, Hotbar backgrounds (Behind the buttons, and on free slots).. That will make it BLACK? Instead of grey.

My main concern is that I need my chat windows black, because my eyes can't take this Chat on "greyish" background.. I'm so used to Text on Black and I know it's a simple thing.

I tried to modify the .tga's earlier, but that just made them all transparent, and I have no idea why. I figured just changing the color to black would work fine?

Please help, I'm playing right now, and monitoring this forum as I play.

Soon as an answer is found I'll be eternally grateful.

This goes out to everyone, not just the author of Tablets.

Oh and I use regular grey, not fantasy.. But that shouldn't matter.

Thanks a ton.. and AWESOME work. The only thing I changed was I added a super small vertical group window, that coincidently has a black background (woot!).. For at 1024x768 I need all the space I can get on screen.

Thanks, again
Unread 01-10-2005, 10:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi, sort of new around here, but like to say very good work on this whole UI. Just wondering though is it possible to have only parts of it? Or do you have to use all the mods show?

Also, with the few UI changes I got from here already, do I need to delete thos if I install this one?

Sorry if those questions have been answered, I posted before reading all stuff here
Unread 01-11-2005, 12:06 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Wink Temp Fix.. Possibly Permenant

Well, for now I created my own chat boxes, simple, black, with no scroll bars. Doesn't have the Tablets Gray border, but I can live with it.

I'm still curious as to why it wouldn't change to black by changing the files I mentioned earlier.

The only thing I can think of is it has to be saved in a proper way, perhaps using photoshop with DDS filters installed. Rather than another program that reads .TGA files, that somehow makes them incompatible with Everquest?

Take care,
Unread 01-11-2005, 02:33 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

When saving a TGA for eq2 it needs to be uncompressed.. UIBuilder will read a compressed TGA fine but the client doesn't seem to..

Try this tga...
Attached Files
File Type: zip t_window_back_black.zip (1.2 KB, 196 views)
Unread 01-11-2005, 08:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default re UI problems - just wouldn't work...

I spent hours pondering how I could possibly have followed the instructions incorrectly.

Eventually... eventually! I realised I had a localised folder due to having received a UK DVD but wanting to use US servers.

The folder is called LP_REGION_EN_US and sits in the EQ2 folder. If you have a similar localized version your eq2.ini file needs to go into this folder, and your UI folder needs to go into the UI subdirectory of this folder.

Presumably this also applies for other localized folders.
Unread 01-11-2005, 09:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Very nice work on the UI. I thank you for the work you have put into it so far.

Here is my humble mod. I prefer the cyan and green colors to the purple, but the screen is in purple as I was testing out all the colors.

My main is an inquisitor and my bigest hang up was watching my power/health in addition to the groups. That is why I have my health/power in two different places. (group window and target window) I use the nostromo n52 so my hotbars are set up to match the layout. I also jamed your extra windows into the player window because I dont have the room on my main for the extra hotkey. The concentration icons are below the health/mana in the group window in the place for the other group members impairments

Anyway, I really like what you have done and I hope my tinkering is no so bad as to be offensive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000017.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	693  
Unread 01-11-2005, 09:07 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default .

Talyns, or anyone..

I was wondering if you could adjust the graphics files once again, where on the Player health/mana and Target Health bars.. The background is Black-- The background on them all is currently the same color as the foreground except a couple of shades darker,.. Once again making it not as easy to distinguish the bars progress up or down.

It looks cool , but for absolute funcunality a black background one these would work much better.

Also, once again I have tried to manipulate the graphics files for these parts, but I don't have a program capable of saving the tga or dds correctly.

I am using a cheap freeware/shareware program with limited options.

Thanks.
Unread 01-11-2005, 09:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Thought I would toss a couple of my mods onto this pile.

I redid the Bank window inspired by another mod I saw, and replaced the paperdoll in the inventory with my character stats.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bank_inventory.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	703  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml (34.8 KB, 364 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bank.xml (10.9 KB, 226 views)
Unread 01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Very nice.. Perhaps those should be implemented in the UI itself? The persona and inventory windows are not needed seperately.. The autoequip is nice, but Really =)

Since no more looting corpses,.. it's no big deal.
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Very nice.. Perhaps those should be implemented in the UI itself? The persona and inventory windows are not needed seperately.. The autoequip is nice, but Really =)

Since no more looting corpses,.. it's no big deal.
Auto equip on my modded inventory still works.
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
It's not a matter of being able to do it or not by coding skills. You can't do it. Period. The dynamic data is not there for us. It's on the Dynamic Data wish list already... all we can do is wait and hope.
we get the info in a tooltip when we mouse over. why not just make the tooltip visible all the time? I haven't tried doing it yet as i'm still learning some of the more obvious parts of the ui builder but it seems like maybe it would work.

Brin
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:24 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brintok
we get the info in a tooltip when we mouse over. why not just make the tooltip visible all the time?
Because we can't do that either.
Unread 01-12-2005, 12:21 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Request

I have a request sir.. Could you make a tablets version.. Kind of like the green/blue/grey etc.. But black?

Make it with the regular grey outlines, but have the chatwindows with black backgrounds.. I'll list it out. I guess it'd be kind of personal , but hey maybe some others would like it.

1) Use Standard grey package as base.

2) Make chat windows have black background instead of Grey.

3) Enlarge the Quest Journal Window by 50% , or somewhat, to all for 1152x864 (I think thats it), resolution. Currently the quest journal that is for 1024x768 is a bit small and hard to read in my higher resolution.

4) Have a "mod" option to make a full screen experience bar (already done by someone else), BUT with the Decimal numbers to the side like you currently have. So basically you could just take the others bar Which is handily here: ---| http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3301
and add the Decimal numbers. Of course adding this the the "mods" folder for people to pick it if they wish.

5) Make all the Progess bar (meters) IE: Player Health/Power, Mob Health/power etc.. have Black backgrounds instead of darker shades of the colors in the bars. I would love this, as it would help distinguish power from a peripherial view.

6) I have noticed that if I press escape one more time after I close my bags it starts closing hotbars =/ .. It didn't do this with the default UI. I would be perfectly happy, if it's not possible to make it like it was in the default to have the ESC funtion not close windows at all. Since I use one key to toggle bags anyway. So this function incorporated would be nice. Any ideas?

Thats all I have for now, seems fairly simple to me, IE: it shouldn't take too long.

If you, kind sir, don't have the time I totally understand. I just thought I would ask.. as I really love the look of tablets, and want to keep it all concurrent from window to window.

As now, to compensate, I have tablets, then mixed and matched other pieces such as new Player info bars, Target bars, Chat windows, etc. And it doesn't look nearly as "pretty" as the Full Tablets UI looked.
Unread 01-12-2005, 03:05 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qarma
Thought I would toss a couple of my mods onto this pile.

I redid the Bank window inspired by another mod I saw, and replaced the paperdoll in the inventory with my character stats.

These look great.. I am adding them as part of the UI.. I am going to add a switch to turn on and off paperdoll though

Good work..
Unread 01-12-2005, 03:31 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
I have a request sir.. Could you make a tablets version.. Kind of like the green/blue/grey etc.. But black?

Make it with the regular grey outlines, but have the chatwindows with black backgrounds.. I'll list it out. I guess it'd be kind of personal , but hey maybe some others would like it.

1) Use Standard grey package as base.

2) Make chat windows have black background instead of Grey.

3) Enlarge the Quest Journal Window by 50% , or somewhat, to all for 1152x864 (I think thats it), resolution. Currently the quest journal that is for 1024x768 is a bit small and hard to read in my higher resolution.

4) Have a "mod" option to make a full screen experience bar (already done by someone else), BUT with the Decimal numbers to the side like you currently have. So basically you could just take the others bar Which is handily here: ---| http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3301
and add the Decimal numbers. Of course adding this the the "mods" folder for people to pick it if they wish.

5) Make all the Progess bar (meters) IE: Player Health/Power, Mob Health/power etc.. have Black backgrounds instead of darker shades of the colors in the bars. I would love this, as it would help distinguish power from a peripherial view.

6) I have noticed that if I press escape one more time after I close my bags it starts closing hotbars =/ .. It didn't do this with the default UI. I would be perfectly happy, if it's not possible to make it like it was in the default to have the ESC funtion not close windows at all. Since I use one key to toggle bags anyway. So this function incorporated would be nice. Any ideas?

Thats all I have for now, seems fairly simple to me, IE: it shouldn't take too long.

If you, kind sir, don't have the time I totally understand. I just thought I would ask.. as I really love the look of tablets, and want to keep it all concurrent from window to window.

As now, to compensate, I have tablets, then mixed and matched other pieces such as new Player info bars, Target bars, Chat windows, etc. And it doesn't look nearly as "pretty" as the Full Tablets UI looked.
I can do all this in mods.. So anyone could be able to use them.. When I get the time though, I already have a list going here

Couple questions:
On 2. Just chat windows should have the black back ground?
On 3. You should be able to resize it in game.. Or are you talking about the font?

On 5. How bout a dark grey background for the gauges.. I think I'm gonna darken the colored gauge backgrounds some more..

On number 6. Is that Agathorn's Hotkey mod?.. I think it's because he added a Titlebar to it.. I haven't found a way to block escape in a window without blocking it in other windows..Or taking away some other default feature..

If you use the ones that came with the UI.. They do have ArrowBanks and labels but they don't close on esc..

I have a couple Ideas for the hotkeys but my time has become more limited again.. I will revisit it again soon.

Last edited by Talyns : 01-12-2005 at 04:36 AM.
Unread 01-12-2005, 03:39 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna
Hi, sort of new around here, but like to say very good work on this whole UI. Just wondering though is it possible to have only parts of it? Or do you have to use all the mods show?

Also, with the few UI changes I got from here already, do I need to delete thos if I install this one?

Sorry if those questions have been answered, I posted before reading all stuff here
I missed this earlier sorry..

If you wanted to only use part of the UI a little editing is required..
You would have to open the EQ2UI.xml in note pad and add :
<include>t_Styles</include>
above
</Page>

Then you would need to copy my image files from one of the tabletsII images folders to your UI Image folder. There's one dds file in there that isn't really needed unless you want to use my inventory window..

Then you could use the XML from mine..

Also, You don't have to delete other mods to install mine.. Just change the EQ2.INI to load different UI's..

Last edited by Talyns : 01-12-2005 at 04:46 AM.
Unread 01-12-2005, 09:08 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
I can do all this in mods.. So anyone could be able to use them.. When I get the time though, I already have a list going here

Couple questions:
On 2. Just chat windows should have the black back ground?
On 3. You should be able to resize it in game.. Or are you talking about the font?

On 5. How bout a dark grey background for the gauges.. I think I'm gonna darken the colored gauge backgrounds some more..

On number 6. Is that Agathorn's Hotkey mod?.. I think it's because he added a Titlebar to it.. I haven't found a way to block escape in a window without blocking it in other windows..Or taking away some other default feature..

If you use the ones that came with the UI.. They do have ArrowBanks and labels but they don't close on esc..

I have a couple Ideas for the hotkeys but my time has become more limited again.. I will revisit it again soon.

Thanks~!

On 2) Chat windows, and the Quest journal, the hotbars can have black background too, but thats not necesary.

On 3) Font size is too small.

On 5) Dark grey would work, it's just the Contrast I'm looking for, perhaps dark grey background, with the foreground colors a lil brighter?

On 6) Well my hotkey bars don't have bank labels, they are just plain like I was looking for =), cept they close when I hit escape, one by one =// ... So I guess it is that mod you speak of. Anything you can do to correct it? I can live with the escape closing them over the Bank labels being there, because the bank labels annoy me greater. But if you can fix the hotbars where they are plain, with No labels of any kind, just boxes, AND escape doesn't close them then you're a genius =)

Thanks! Let me know what you do, when, and where I can find them.. I'll be monitoring this forum. I thought Agathorn was just taking over your Tablets UI for EQ2,... Now I see your involved.. So not sure whats what hehe.

Thanks again.
Unread 01-12-2005, 06:13 PM
A Sea Turtle

Default Small Addition

Thank you for the amazing work on this UI, I myself prefer the compass with the zone attached to the top of it (sorry no screenie). This is my first attempt at using xml at the guidance and information posted from this board. Hopefully the Author does not mind my adding this as an optional to the .zoneloc included.

ACiD

PS I do have one request. How would I remap the casting bar to use teh same smooth graphic like the player window uses for HP and Mana (using the fantasy_grey) instead of the solid boring default one.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_compass.xml (2.3 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by ACiDXiAN : 01-12-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Unread 01-12-2005, 09:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
These look great.. I am adding them as part of the UI.. I am going to add a switch to turn on and off paperdoll though

Good work..
Yay! In seriousness though, the stats I think needs a better, perhaps partitioned, background. I could probably do it with a bunch of frames but anything involving actual "art" is beyond me. I guess that is my request for the bottom of the list.
Unread 01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Any chance you could do a 1600x1200 version?

Good work and I love the map changes!
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Default Statbar saving open/close state and location....

ok maybe i just missed it, but i really did look! mayeb you should make the answer to this question a sticky, because it sure anonys people to have to search manually thur a thread for an answer to a question. The search function on this forum sucks.

1st Question is, statbars, how do you make them stay on when you login/logout from EQ2. Evertime I logout, I have to open the statbars again when I login again.

2nd Question, How do I make the 2 chat windows, 1 named system and the other named chat and have them keep systems specific to them. IE: System chat window has no input and no scroll, chat window has no scroll, but has input. again, when I logout and login again, I have to set this everytime.

Sorry for the repeated question, but I cant find the answer, and I'm not sitting here for hours looking for it either, when I could be playing already!

Thanks,
Unread 01-13-2005, 08:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, don't know if this was asked, probably was, but there's a lot of replies don't have time to read them all, so here goes.

When the interface is "done" will the windows that you now have to open with macros be saved? Like that Stat bars and the ZoneLoc bar, will those stay or will you always have to use the macros to open them?

Also, if you do have to always use the macros, will their position on screen ever save? I don't so much mind using the macros, takes only a few seconds to click those buttons, but I do find it tedious that I have to position the two stat bars and the zone location bar every time I log in b/c they don't pop up in the place where I move them to, they always pop in center and top of screen. So, will that ever hold, or is there anything we can change ourselves in the coding to make them pop up in a certain position?

Also, is there anyway you can add coin to one of the stat bars, or somewhere so that it's always visible on the main UI, have pretty much all info on the main UI except that.

Also I thought I read somwhere that you could minimize the map instead of closing it altogether, how do you do that, or am I just imagining things, heh.

But all in all this UI is amazing, the grey color looks so cool, haven't notice any bugs except that one that's listed as known with the adjusting the hotbars. Really great work on this, can't wait to see what you add in the months to come

wanted to also mention, in the quest journal, using maybe a 1.5-2 point larger font size would be helpful, font is a little small for my liking.

Last edited by Kahuna : 01-13-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: add comment
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:09 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Addition

Simple addition to our requests..

On my version that I have proposed.. Could you make the Loot window a bit bigger? (Including the font).. Also a font up on the Active quest journal window wouldn't hurt

Thank you.