EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 02-11-2009, 03:18 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Old Map icons.....DOTS?

As much as I like the new map system, the new icons are hard to bear. I tried using the VanGurk icons and they are even worse.

What I want to know is what was wrong with the old colored dots? They told you just as much information as the new icons do with much less fanfare. A red dot was a named monster. Blue dots were quest updates, green dots were NPC's.

I can't find a mod for this and was wondering if anyone would be able to hook that up. I know quite a few people who would appreciate this.
Unread 02-11-2009, 03:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The colored dots are even less visible in the new maps than the new icons are, and with the 50 different POI types we use now we'd have to use every shade of the rainbow if we wanted to use dots.

But the dots are still in the image files distributed with EQ2MAP and _Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml can be edited to use them again. Just noone seems to have done it so far.
Unread 02-11-2009, 01:51 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

I'd also like smaller icons, they don't need to be dots specifically, but even zoomed in I sometimes have a hard time getting a waypoint to a specific dot in a cluster. Wish there was an easy way to resize the current POI markers (there may be for all I know but I haven't ever messed with the graphic files before). If anybody has the time to do so it would be much appreciated
Unread 02-11-2009, 03:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can configure the size in the xml file I mentioned above, a text editor is enough.

We're still hoping to get POI filtering from SOE but tbh we haven't had news from SOE about that for quite a while now. Maybe we'll have to implement our own filtering system after all...