Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default Displaying alternate info in a window using window settings

I'm wanting to make a guild window that has the standard display of the members tab in Frame & Titlebar mode and an alternate display of the members tab when in Frame Only/None.

My 1st question is, would making this be possible?
(I'll have more if it is )
Unread 07-02-2008, 08:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

not enough information to answer that, but at least so far you gave us nothing to say that it would be impossible
Unread 07-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

LOL

Well I've been playing around with it and I'm either messing it up somehow because my knowledge is limited or it can't be done. And the former is more than likely true over the latter.

Basically I just want to change the amount of info displayed on the members tab between the two different settings (comments and such).

I've managed to get it to where it will hide one layout but not display the other and I'm not sure if how I'm calling the alternate version is the problem or where I'm putting the alternate version in the XML is the problem.
Unread 07-02-2008, 05:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Well, if you just have one layout as a page and the other layout as a page, I don't see why you could not attach visibility scripts to the OnShow/OnHide events of the Frame and Titlebar portions of the main page(window). I'm pretty sure that all the dropdown does is set the visibility of those two items.

Essentially that would work if it's possible to show both of the layouts side by side and the same time without EQ2 hating you and only updating one of them.
Unread 07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Since some things need to keep their structure within the file (so they get populated by the server), I would think the easiest thing to do is to just have 2 different elements (such as a button or page) that saves all the information for both layouts. That way you can switch back and forth between them.

... such as a button that does what it needs to do, and applies all the properties from one layout, and the same thing for switching back.
Unread 07-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Since some things need to keep their structure within the file (so they get populated by the server), I would think the easiest thing to do is to just have 2 different elements (such as a button or page) that saves all the information for both layouts. That way you can switch back and forth between them.

... such as a button that does what it needs to do, and applies all the properties from one layout, and the same thing for switching back.
Well 1st off, I realized I probably should've posted in the XML Mod Help & Info thread, not here...

Yeah, I've been back and forth between using a button/checkbox to toggle showing it or the window settings idea. My concern though is running into the same problem I've been having with the window settings working and that's getting the 2nd version do display. The 1st version displays fine in Frame Only/None and hides when I go to Frame & Titlebar but the 2nd version doesn't show.

With the guild window being the way it is and it needing to get the data I'm not sure what part to have two versions of. I had made two versions of the RosterBox page and had them both contained inside the MembersPage page.
Then I made a WC_Titlebar that was supposed to hide v1 and show v2 onshow and hide v2 and show v1 onhide. When I change window settings I see v1 in Frame Only/None and what I'm guessing is the generic roster template when I go to Frame & TitleBar.

I'm not sure if the 2nd version is just unable to get any data or maybe if the two RosterBox versions need to be contained in another page inside the MembersPage.
Unread 07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

My player window has multi-layout function. Rather than use a checkbox, I just used 2 buttons that would hide/show each other. I found the checkbox to be too much of a hassle. And if you get fancy, it's too annoying to "set" a checkbox to a certain state without clicking it manually. Where a button, it's very easy to press it via the UI.

So, if you're doing stuff via the Window Settings, then you can use the OnShow/OnHide event from the Titlebar/Frame objects, to press layout oriented buttons.

That aside. you can look at that code, which is very simple, if you want.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...k-to-cure.html

I think i used something similar in my chat window to move the tabs around depending on what setting the frame was on.

*edit* here's a copy and sort out of the code:

Layout_1 button:
Code:
OnPress="Parent.Parent.Parent.Player.MaximumSize=16384,116
Parent.Parent.Parent.Player.MinimumSize=170,116
Parent.Parent.HealthPage.HealthPctOn.press=true
Parent.Parent.PowerPage.PowerPctOn.press=true
Parent.Parent.FullHealth.visible=true
Parent.Parent.FullPower.visible=true
Parent.Parent.PowerPage.top=45
Parent.Parent.Power.top=51
Parent.Parent.Concentration.top=72
Parent.Parent.CureButtons.top=82
Parent.Parent.Effects.top=82
Parent.Layout_2.visible=true
visible=false"
Layout_2 button:
Code:
OnPress="Parent.Parent.Parent.Player.MinimumSize=170,94
Parent.Parent.Parent.Player.MaximumSize=16384,94
Parent.Parent.FullHealth.visible=false
Parent.Parent.FullPower.visible=false
Parent.Parent.PowerPage.top=36
Parent.Parent.Power.top=40
Parent.Parent.Concentration.top=50
Parent.Parent.CureButtons.top=60
Parent.Parent.Effects.top=60
Parent.Layout_1.visible=true
visible=false"

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-03-2008 at 11:26 AM.