EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-18-2008, 07:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Re-installed, now Profit won't load at all

After a recent update, I was having issues using the Quick Launcher and w/ the group detrimental effect boxes being grayed out. I figured I'd run the auto-updater, seeing if that would fix it. It didn't, so I decided to down load the new version and install that. Still didn't work.

At this point, I decided to do a clean install and now I can't even get Profit to load. It will only have the default UI every time I log in. I thought I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but apparently I screwed something up along the way.

Anyone had a similar issue before, and if so, any tips on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Unread 04-19-2008, 01:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Try to redo a clean install by deleting your UI\Profit folder and then running the updater.
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I tried that and it's still not working.

Whenever I try to run the Quick Launcher as I was able to many times in the past, it is saying "Login rejected: The client's version does not match the server's. Please re-run the patcher."

Now, if that was my only problem, it wouldn't be much of an issue, just an annoyance.

But every time I log in now, I am getting the default UI, no part of Profit will load up.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to pinpoint the problem.
Unread 04-20-2008, 10:41 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

"Login rejected: The client's version does not match the server's. Please re-run the patcher."

Well I can tell you that means you need to patch your EQ2 client to the newest game version.

I had the same problem with the default UI coming up and not Profit. Of course loadui never works. I deleted my entire eq2 ui folder and re-installed the ui and that worked for me.
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, I re-patched every time I got that error and got the latest version.

I took your advice and deleted my entire UI folder and then re-installed it and I still can't get it to work.

Guess its time to learn to live with the default UI. I'm out of ideas here.
Unread 04-20-2008, 12:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewlius View Post
But every time I log in now, I am getting the default UI, no part of Profit will load up.
Check the eq2.ini file in your EQ2 program directory. It should have two lines in it:

cl_ui_subdir UI
cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI

And make sure that under the EQ2 program directory there's a UI/ProfitUI folder that contains the main Profit .xml files. If the skinname in eq2.ini doesn't match the folder name under the UI folder, the UI mod won't be found.
Unread 04-20-2008, 12:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you are using the auto updater all files should be in their correct place unless you put some on ignore. And if you really did a clean install you should not have any files that could interfere with the UI. So I'm out of ideas as well unfortunately.
Unread 04-24-2008, 01:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Same Problem :(

I just did a install of eq2 on a new system, and I'm having the same issue. i can't get eq2 to recognize the ProfitUI directory. I did everything in the previous replies but with no luck. I'm wondering if SOE did something so eq2 will not recognize new UI folders.
Unread 04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
A Griffon

Nope,

Just installed EQ2 last week and profit is working fine. Installed the updater and let it put everything where it belonged.
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I do have my eq2 installed on D: drive, could that be causing the problem?
Unread 04-24-2008, 11:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, but maybe you selected the wrong path (search your disks for everquest2.exe - maybe you have several).
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

that was the problem, it was installed to the wrong path. i originally installed eq2 using the cd's so it wouldn't have to download all the files, which was installed on d:. I later installed the station launcher, which i now see put a completely different installation of eq2 on my system on the c:. that kinda pisses me off, now i have to wipe both out and start over, don't want redundancies on my system.
Unread 04-24-2008, 12:28 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongo79 View Post
that was the problem, it was installed to the wrong path. i originally installed eq2 using the cd's so it wouldn't have to download all the files, which was installed on d:. I later installed the station launcher, which i now see put a completely different installation of eq2 on my system on the c:. that kinda pisses me off, now i have to wipe both out and start over, don't want redundancies on my system.
Many people have multiple installations without them knowing, which is why I always point it out. Just copy your up to date installation from C: to D: and tell station launcher to use that one, saves you the download.