Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-19-2008, 09:55 AM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Problems with UIBuilder

Hi All,

Just started playing around with this program so i am a noob here.

Was trying to delete away those little "ticks" that shows on the default player window.

The problem occur when i saved it and load into the game, the whole health bar (the one i removed the "tick" away) disappeared

Everything is untouched, i just only deleted the "tick".

Anyone have any advise how i can removed the "tick" without making the health bar disappear ?

Thanks much!
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Strange, maybe did something else by accident. But you could probably just set them to not show, as in not visible.
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:25 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I replaced the modified player file with the default one, loaded into game to make sure it's working fine then i logout

After that i use the UIBuilder to change the progress bar style to "/progressbarlist.progress_default" instead of the default "/SpecialElements.GreyscaleVitalBar.data.bar.bar_style", and save the file.

I loaded back into the game and this time the health bar disappeared

Changing it back to the default style doesn't help unless i replace the file with the default one.

Is my UIBuilder having some issue ?
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Try downloading the latest UIBuilder release from here at Eq2Interface.com and using that (if you already are not).

Otherwise, sounds strange. How do you have your custom UI folder setup, and are you using /loadui at all?
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:46 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Well i create a folder called "MyUI" under the EQ "UI" folder then i set the eq.ini with "cl_ui_skinname MyUI".

Next i copied the default player xml file into the folder and did the modification there.

I did tried using /loadui and doing the logout then in method but both gave me the same results.

If i change some properties /loadui and it disappears, changing it back to the original properties, doesn't work make it appear again.

I had to replace the whole xml file to make it work.

Sigh ...

Edit: Ok, latest update is i downloaded the UIBuilder here and tried it. This time i set the "tick" to hide using the visible option like you recommended. Login to the game and the Health bar disappear still (i only tried on the health bar)

Last edited by maximoz : 04-19-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Unread 04-19-2008, 03:43 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Ok ... this is getting weird ...

If i delete those "tick" or change the properties using a text editor, save it then do a /loadui MyUI, everything works.