EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 02-11-2006, 08:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default How do I delete a Window?

For some reason I have an extra window on my UI and when I right-click on it there is no option to close the window. There is also no frame so there is no 'X' in the top right of the window.

Is there any other way to delete a window?
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:47 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayhound
For some reason I have an extra window on my UI and when I right-click on it there is no option to close the window. There is also no frame so there is no 'X' in the top right of the window.

Is there any other way to delete a window?
Right click on the window and choose Window Settings. From there, there should be a dropdown box you can select the desired window frame setting (can't remember exactly what the options are called offhand). Once this is set appropriately, you should be able to close the window with the X button in the top corner.

However, I'm suspecting that your window placement file may be corrupt if you have this odd, rogue window. Your best bet would be to scrap the placement file and run the window wizard to have a fresh one created.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-12-2006, 01:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
Right click on the window and choose Window Settings. From there, there should be a dropdown box you can select the desired window frame setting (can't remember exactly what the options are called offhand). Once this is set appropriately, you should be able to close the window with the X button in the top corner.

However, I'm suspecting that your window placement file may be corrupt if you have this odd, rogue window. Your best bet would be to scrap the placement file and run the window wizard to have a fresh one created.
Thanks Lazaru5,

I tried adding the frame but there's no option for it, all that's in the drop box is none.

Do you know the name/location of this placement file? Also, how do I run the window wizard, I'm new to this UI and haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks again, Grayhound
Unread 02-12-2006, 04:22 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

The file in question is located in the base Everquest II directory, and named in a SERVER_CHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini format (mine, for example, would be mistmoore_ulcifer_eq2_uisettings.ini).

The window wizard, which is found in the Advanced section of the Auto Updater, is pretty self-explanatory. Simply choose the preferred resolution and the character you want the UI set up on. Note, though, that you will need to download (through the updater) the proper window placement file that is to be used with the wizard. This can be found in 'Misc Files' group of the Features section (where you choose what window mods you want ot use)
. Like any of the other mods included in this updater, the '. . .' button to the right of each choice will give you a screenshot of what the setup will look like when that placement file is used.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-12-2006, 09:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks Lazaru5, that did the trick and I'm all up and running again.

Grayhound