EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-07-2006, 05:17 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw
Default resizing windows

Dear all

I have been using a custom UI (Nya streamlined) for quite a while now and really like the customisation, but would like to make some changes. I find that my current group window, target and implied target windows take up too much space.

Edit: Removed because I figured it out

Cheers - Toka

Edit: Ok I have been able to resize the windows - what I have been doing is selecting each window for each of the group members and reducing the size or maximum size by 30% in the object properties so please ignore the above. /Pant. What I would now pay dearly to know is how do i change the font size of the group members name so that 'longestnameposs' fits in it's new 30% smaller window? Do I have to include a new font size somewhere or am I required to do a little more 'heavy engineering'?

Last edited by Tokamak : 02-07-2006 at 06:33 AM.
Unread 02-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokamak
Dear all

I have been using a custom UI (Nya streamlined) for quite a while now and really like the customisation, but would like to make some changes. I find that my current group window, target and implied target windows take up too much space.

Edit: Removed because I figured it out

Cheers - Toka

Edit: Ok I have been able to resize the windows - what I have been doing is selecting each window for each of the group members and reducing the size or maximum size by 30% in the object properties so please ignore the above. /Pant. What I would now pay dearly to know is how do i change the font size of the group members name so that 'longestnameposs' fits in it's new 30% smaller window? Do I have to include a new font size somewhere or am I required to do a little more 'heavy engineering'?
look in textstyles for the avalable sizes. You can also look in fonts and use one from there but this is the old way SOE did fonts and they could take it out at any time.
Unread 02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Just to clarify...

The group windows "Name" object is a text object. One of its atributes is "Font" which references a predefined TextStyle (something like /TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle).

You want to change that reference to point at one with a smaller font size (something like /TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle)

Double-clicking the reference will jump you to that TextStyle. You can see all the other SOE standard styles near it

There are additional TextStyles available under /Fonts but as Landiin said, these are being phased out by SOE and could be removed at some point.

As a last resort, you can add your own TextStyle. If doing this, you probably want to add it directly to the Group window unless you need to use it in other windows.