EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-27-2024, 03:43 PM
A Sea Turtle

Unhappy 8-27-2024 Patch Fubarred Chat box, fix?

Hi, everyone. The EQ2 patch today fubarred chat boxes for DrumsUI users and many DarqUI users. Rather than appearing at the bottom of the chat box, anything one types is super-imposed on chat existing already in the chat box, about midway up. Needless to say, this will be annoying as hades during raid tonight.

My questions:
(1) Can anyone suggest a fix simpler than uninstalling DrumsUI and breaking up forever, and using DarqUI instead? I have two hours before raids tonight.

(2) If I decide to divorce DrumsUI after all these years (*sniffle*), how big a pain is this going to be? Would appreciate answers from those who made that leap, as everyone else I know is using DarqUI, tbh.

One fix is to delete eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml from the DrumsUI folder and use default. It's ugly but it works. Otherwise I look fwd to answers on either of the above questions. Thanks.

Thanks in advance,
Eliana, Anashti Sul Origins server

P.S. The chat box also does not work on Varsoon TLE so it's not merely the server. It's the UI.

Last edited by Eliana : 08-27-2024 at 04:15 PM.
Unread 08-27-2024, 11:50 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

For a work-around to get the text-input line to display the text at the bottom again you can try the following:

Go to Options (ALT-O) and choose User Interface -> Chat Window and change the Input Font Size by one tick and hit Accept.

If you want, you can then go back and change the Input Font Size back to what you had and press Accept.

Should now be able to type in the bottom of the window now instead of somewhere in the middle or not at all.

You'll have to do this each time you camp to a new character or even camping back to the same one.

Eventually, the Window code will need to be updated.

Last edited by Mysstie : 08-30-2024 at 11:42 AM.
Unread 08-29-2024, 11:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Default font size

Now the font size of my bags, journal, group/raid windows is absolutely miniscule now. Does anyone know where that font size is in the directory to fix? The parts of font I can adjust in my UI settings (via options) is fine.
Also, it seems like many of my UI settings were switched back to default.

I can't wait for some kind of an update/fix!

Thx
Unread 08-31-2024, 07:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Quick hack to fix chat box

Hello,

Not a clue what's wrong with chat, diff in default ui shows only some offsets and sizes are changed. I found quick hack (not really a fix, but works) to make chat working. This is actually permanent settings change suggested by @Mysstie

In DrumsUI folder open file eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml in text editor, in first Page element (Name="MainChat") locate OnShow="... attribute, and after quote insert the following text:
chat_input_fontsize = 15

Save file and reload ui / camp to other character / start everquest if not started

This wil reset input box font size to default each time UI is loaded, and also fix position/visibility of the input box.

Well, at least it works for me

P.S. Modified file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml (11.9 KB, 225 views)
Unread 09-01-2024, 12:18 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Thanks @DragonMrak for the modification made to eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml that at least makes it unnecessary to change the font size each time now.
Unread 09-07-2024, 11:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Thank you

Another thanks to @DragonMrak for fixing that chat start placement.

If you come up with some explanation for my UI font (not chats, that I can adjust) shrinking to about a "6" font size, I'd love to fix it.

The font change has been happening for awhile now (though it does seem to have gotten smaller). If I took a wild guess, I think it happens when I look at my missions tab (to check zone/quest timing).

Thx,
Rat
Unread 09-08-2024, 07:08 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0969 View Post
Another thanks to @DragonMrak for fixing that chat start placement.

If you come up with some explanation for my UI font (not chats, that I can adjust) shrinking to about a "6" font size, I'd love to fix it.

The font change has been happening for awhile now (though it does seem to have gotten smaller). If I took a wild guess, I think it happens when I look at my missions tab (to check zone/quest timing).

Thx,
Rat

If you open eq2ui_journals_quest.xml in Notepad or other text editor, there will be three instances of

ShrinkFontToFit="true"

Delete all three and save the file, and your UI text should stay the same size.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shrink-font-to-fit.png
Views:	180
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	9853  
Unread 09-08-2024, 10:54 PM
A Brown Bear

YAY
Thank you SO very much!

This is not a typical offer (or threat?) But I could kiss you! This has been so frustrating. Reading is actually sort of important!
I'll pass this along to the others who still use Drums!

TY TY TY!