Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-05-2009, 03:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New Map 1.2.0 not working correctly

Problem:
-No mobs or named NPCs are showing up on the map(s).
The map is unavailable in any other place than the larger areas such as Ant or NF etc. (Until this point I have had to memorize places like SH, DB and such and my brain is getting a little overloaded, hehe)
-I have no idea what a clean download is or exactly what I need to do to insure I get one.
-I am very UNknowledgeable in using/finding/resolving program issues with a computer esp Vista which seems to be way over my head.
I know what a firewall is but dont know where to look to find it.
Situation:
-I have downloaded the new Auto Updater map 1.2.0 (2 times) I have found (somehow) that I still have an older version of the Updater located in my PC and wasnt sure if I should uninstall or if it was overwritten.
-I am running Windows Vista
-I have the Updater Map running compatable for vista and as administrater.
-I am running of PlaytheFae digital download of the game ( I have that part of the Auto Updater path set correctly, which is extremely remarkable for me, lol)
-I have been informed and read about having one of the files being .ini and not .exe but have no clue of where to find it as I am totally unfamiliar with Vista.
-I believe the file I downloaded is zipped and do not know how to unzip, if this is a factor.
Solution:
-This is what I am in need of (obviously, lol) but please, and I am almost begging here, please just dont give me PC jargon. I am not trying to sound rude but after reading the previous posts, I have found that I do not understand the standard reponse of "you need a clean download" and when I read about it I get totally lost. Or the response that gives "go here do this, then do that" because again, it is totally another language to me that I have only a minute amount of insight to. I do apologize if I sound frustrated but it is not with the people who help, it's me and the fact that I cannot figure this out with all the good information posted. If anyone can "DUMB" it down for me step by step so that I may be able to use this map properly I would be soooooooo sincerly appreciative. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Last edited by voodeisel : 01-05-2009 at 03:40 PM.