EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2MAP New maps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default [added] Protector's Realm

Alright, so I found another tutorial so figured I'd give this another whirl with Protector's realm.

I ran into a couple problems though, possibly due to me having PSP 7 which is pretty old.

The problems I ran into all are in step 5, partially quoted below:

Quote:
Step Five
9. On the left, you will see a column of icons. Select the Deform Tool, 2nd icon down, and move your map to the proper place on the blank. If you must resize, do so via the Scale X(%) and Scale Y(%) on the tool bar (F4 to toggle this bar). Make sure you keep these the same! (i.e. 95% and 95%)
12. Click inside the main wall of your map. A dotted line will appear along all the borders. A shadow will be coming from this dotted line so hold down the SHIFT key and select the areas inside the main wall of your map that you do not want a shadow coming from. As you select these areas, the dotted line that surrounded them will go away.
13. Once you have finished, click Effects, 3D Effects, then Drop Shadow
14. In the window that appeared, change the Attributes to: Opacity: 45 Blur: 8.00 Color: Black
15. Change the Offsets to Vertical: 5, Horizontal: 5
16. Click Ok
17. Now repeat the shadow changing the offsets to -5,5 then -5,-5 then 5,-5
First in step 9, it says to move my map to the proper place. Do I just eyeball it? It seems like for the coordinates to work correctly for /waypoint, it would need to be precisely placed no?

Second, my map.png was a bit too large vertically and ran into the black border around the edge of the blank map. I don't seem to have the scale functions he was talking about, but was able to get around it by resizing the map.png before I pasted it as a layer. Is that ok?

Third, I ran through the magic wand and drop shadow instructions, but as far as I can tell it didn't change the image at all. What is that supposed to do?

Fourth, how/when do you add the floor color? After the drop shadow part I assume?

Attached are the map.png and log files. I didn't attach the dds file since I don't think it worked.

Zone name exp04_dun_sebilis+exp04_dun_sebilis_epic01_crypt.iop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.png
Views:	713
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	6236  
Attached Files
File Type: txt protectors realm.txt (162.1 KB, 437 views)