Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-26-2007, 06:34 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Ready for testing: eq2map fix for Serpent Sewers + Down Below

If you've gone into the Serpent Sewers or the Down Below recently you probably saw that the points of interest are not right. They show up with the Gobblerock and Condemned Catacombs points. This bug has been happening since around when EOF came out and is a result of the original hack to get different points of interest for these zones since they share the same zone geometry. The current work-around has been to click on the World tab and then click back on the Zone tab, since that hides the Fog checkbox and the POIs are tied to whether the Fog checkbox is visible or not.

I've tested these files out myself a couple times but I'd like to have some people double check that they're working correctly. Here's what you should do:

1. First zone into the Serpent Sewers, Gobblerock, the Down Below, and the Condemned Catacombs. (You may need to buy the keys if you haven't before.) Look at the map POIs and click on the World tab and back to the Zone tab. Try out the popup menu that lets you show and hide different types of POIs. Quit EQ2.

2. Go to your custom UI folder and then go into the eq2map folder inside that.

3. Find these files and move them to a backup location, like your desktop or anywhere:
core_mapstyles.xml
core_overlay.xml
core_underlay.xml
icons_fprt_sewer02.xml
icons_fprt_sewer02_.xml
icons_qey_catacomb01.xml
icons_qey_catacomb01_.xml
under_fprt_sewer02.xml
under_qey_catacomb01.xml

4. Unzip the fixed files into the eq2map folder:
core_mapstyles.xml
core_overlay.xml
core_underlay.xml
icons_antonica_catacomb01.xml
icons_commonlands_sewer01.xml
icons_fprt_sewer02.xml
icons_qey_catacomb01.xml

5. Load up EQ2. Zone back into the Serpent Sewers, Gobblerock, the Down Below, and the Condemned Catacombs. Look at the map POIs and click on the World tab and back to the Zone tab. Try out the popup menu that lets you show and hide different types of POIs.

Thanks! Let me know if you see any bugs or have any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2map fix for Serpent Sewers + Down Below.zip (21.4 KB, 316 views)