EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-05-2007, 09:23 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Default So how did you figure out how to mod EQ2?

I'm asking because there has to be a better way then the one I'm using. EQ2_UI_Customization.doc provides some very basic info but no examples or walkthrus like you'd expect in any instruction manual. And the UIBuilder.exe tool is not something that you can just open and start using without any guidance. At least in my opinion. As a Computer Science major and professional programmer for a decade or so I'm no slouch when it comes to using development tools.

In doing my POI Finder mod I've been forced to reverse engineer what other modders have done from a pure XML standpoint. But I'd like to add features too and its hard when I don't have anything to show me what is possible or how things work together. How am I susposed to know what to do with all those obscure XML attributes? Are there any good online walkthrus or tutorials on how to mod the EQ2 UI? Are there better tools or more recent versions of EQ2Builder? I downloaded the 1.3 version from this site but that was apparently last updated in 05. Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.