Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 11-16-2005, 10:25 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test
Default Serenity UI Suite

Hello all,

I've been working on my first full UI rather than just individual windows and support of other UIs. I call this Serenity and it is based upon the new default UI graphics. I found them to be very nice and soothing

At the moment this is VERY much a work in progress. Some things are done, some are not, others i'm sure will change. But in any case I thought i'd release a sneaky preview of things as they are.

Note that in the screenshots here, everything is more or less arranged in a "hud" style, but that is just my personal preference. Nothing about the UI actually forces that choice. Its just setup size wise to make it easy to do. Many of the windows have the same heights or widths so they can stack nicely.

The cornerstone of this whole UI, what got me started on doing it, was to make a more versatile inventory window. I wanted something that was more of a docking inventory and so that's what I made The inventory window in this UI is designed to be always open (though you CAN close it if you want). It expands and contracts -- or docks -- as desired. You can see both versions in the the screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000016.jpg
Views:	1579
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	4080  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000017.jpg
Views:	1172
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	4081  
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:35 PM
A Griffon

Some more shots as Serenity evolves. Note the smaller inventory window (I still need to redo it for docking funcionality) and the new experience window.

The EXP window is a 3 way window. The standard window size shows the Adventure EXP or Craft EXP, swappable like the default UI. If you resize the window to the RIGHT it reveals Guild EXP. If you resize the window DOWN it reveals a permanent Craft EXP gauge. So its a 3 way window and can be setup as desired to show 1, 2, or all 3 gauges however you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000020.jpg
Views:	986
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	4115  
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:37 PM
A Griffon

Oh, also a note on the more open feeling in this screenshot. This is not because of any radical changes but rather is just another way of laying out the windows. By turning off the frames and backgrounds it becomes a much more open UI while still retaining full functionality.
Unread 11-21-2005, 12:22 AM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Looks good man. I like the simplicity. However, it may be a little large for most people's preferences. However, if that's how you want it, don't feel a need to impress anyone else. I'm sure some people will like it a lot. I like the looks of it a TON, but it's just a little big for my liking.

Just my two cents.
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:38 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Looks great, keep up the good work.

I'm sure many would love to have it.
Unread 11-21-2005, 10:13 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamintar
Looks good man. I like the simplicity. However, it may be a little large for most people's preferences. However, if that's how you want it, don't feel a need to impress anyone else. I'm sure some people will like it a lot. I like the looks of it a TON, but it's just a little big for my liking.

Just my two cents.
Its really designed to be space efficient, but there is still lots of tweaking to do. What specifically in the screenshots seems too big for you?
Unread 11-21-2005, 10:18 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Speaking for myself, the hotkeys in particular seemed much too large. I prefer 3/4 size and will sometimes even go as low as 1/2 when necessary. Bags are also 3/4 at the largest for me.

To echo others though, I do like the simplicity and general layout of it so far. It does have a nice open feel to it. Good work!
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography