EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-29-2005, 02:35 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Valdacil's Mods Discussion

I don't profess to be an expert by any means. However, sometimes I see a good mod and have ideas to make it better. Or sometimes a mod won't fit quite right in my interface, so I do a bit of editing till it does. Once I'm through w/ that hard work I share that with the rest of the community in case they might find it useful as well. If you'd like to discuss the mods I've created and posted you can do so here. If you have a problem with one, pls let me know here and I'll try to figure it out or get help from one of the big brains in the community to help. If you'd just like to post a positive comment that is always welcome as well.

- Valdacil

Valdacil's Tradeskill Window W/ Spell List, Provisioner's Cookbook, & Equipment Guide - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4058
Ver. 2.55 - 11/15/05

An alteration of Fetish Tradeskill to use the Fetish layout without the Fetish style thus no extra style sheets are needed. Also added Milquetowst's Provisioner Cookbook, my own Equipment Guide based on Milquetowst's info windows and a reformated Spell List based on Hirebrand's Reference Library: Spell Listing redone in the format of Milquetowst's windows.

Known Issues
----------------------
- Content on most pages in the equipment guide are still under construction.
- In the Spell List if you scoll right to the last tab then select any tab, the scroll
left button becomes greyed out and you are stuck on that page. Close the window
and reopen will reset the window.

Valdacil's Target/Implied Target/Stat Bar - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3499
Ver. 3.0 - 03/24/05
Basically a merge and readjustment to Filidecht's Target Stat Bar and Fetish Target/Implied v2.5. I loved Filidecht's stat bar, but after a few patches the functionality continued to degrade, so after seeing Fetish v2.5 I set about merging the two projects. I did have to fix a lot of the code as pieces caused problems. From Filidecht's original bar I have expanded the window to 1280x100 to give space for Implied Target on the same bar. This caused a compression of the stats section slightly.

Known Issues
-----------------------
* Implied Target does not show ^^'s or color the name of the enemy in the con color. Target section does this properly.

Valdacil's Inventory w/ Stats (LU16 Compliant) - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4065
v1.05 - 11/13/05

Started with Refined Inv /w Stats by Armroth (04-09-2005) and updated the window to be LU16
compliant. Swapped Sony's default location of food at the bottom and charm slots on the top.

Known Issues
----------------------
- The default Sony border puts some weird dashes at the top. A very minor visual defect.

Valdacil XUINIX Persona - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4065
v1.05 - 11/13/05

Started with the LU16 default Persona window and edited the Factions tab using XUINIX
Persona Factions tab.

Known Issues
----------------------
- No Known Issues at this time.

Valdacil's Autosearch Store - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3989
v1.05 - 11/13/05

Based upon Jaxal's store search button. I started with Sony's new blue Store window and
added the quick-search button. I also like the blue background for the sales log vs. the
black box over the blue background.

Known Issues
----------------------
- No known issues at this time.

Valdacil's Market - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4073
v1.05 - 11/13/05

Based upon Jaxal's market layout, I completely reskinned and rewrote the market window.
I liked the slimmer layout of Jaxal's Market, but I love the new blue interface so I started
with Sony's Market window and completely reformated it.

Known Issues
----------------------
- Searching for Secondary slot returns no results. This may be a back-end SOE problem.
Looking into it.

Valdacil's Journal - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4089
v1.10 - 11/15/05

I started with Milquetowst's Journal in most respects. However I liked Jaxal's setup for
the writ tab. So I combined the two. Then updated the entire thing with the Sony blue
interface.

Known Issues
----------------------
- On the Heritage tab if you scroll to the right and click any tab, the left tab scroll
becomes inactive. A solution is still being looked into for this problem.

Valdacil's Mortis Bank - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4088
v1.01 - 11/17/05

I started with Mortis Bank with the Toggle bank boxes button. All I altered this time around
is the blue background from Sony. I've been using Mortis bank for a long time and thus
no other edits were required.

Known Issues
----------------------
- No Known Issues at this time.

Last edited by Valdacil : 11-21-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Unread 11-04-2005, 10:13 PM
A Brown Bear

The Persona window is well done, save for a few issues. Forgive if I'm being obvious.

I hate, absolutely hate, the gold default tone, and I'm on an eternal quest to replace the background where I can. The Persona window you modded from Sir Taleisin is what I'm looking for, but the background remains defaulted, whereas your example has something else. I have something similar, my window_elements_background is modded, but it doesn't affect several windows. Anyway, was hoping to get a pointer or two as to what I could do to fix that. =D

The Options page is brilliant. But when I check a box, I cannot uncheck it. Wanted to let you know, as it appears I picked up this mod shortly after you posted it, heh.

Good work, I like the window already, and look forward to using it.
Unread 11-05-2005, 12:03 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The new Persona window is LU16 compliant and many of the features, including the background and Options page will not work until after LU16. These currently work on test, but won't work correctly on Live until after Nov 9th.
Unread 11-05-2005, 12:40 AM
A Brown Bear

Heh, thanks! Not played much recently, else I probably would have known that. But for your edification all the same, it looks good. =D
Unread 11-19-2005, 03:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question problem using thor ui

I am using the thor auto update ui and trying to add in your trade skill piece but all i am getting is black screens. i have done the testing as you sugested to fix but works fine with out. could you test and see if i am doing somthing wrong.
Unread 12-01-2005, 12:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Removed as Incorrect

Removed because of being Incorrect

Last edited by Pteroglyph : 12-01-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Unread 12-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Hope I'm not intruding.
I noticed this reference to the ThorUI and thought I would try and assist with any questions regarding the Tradeskill mods use with the ThorUI.

Did you follow his instructions regarding the mainhud file?

Installation
----------------------
Uncompress all .xml files into your modded UI directory. Also extract milquitowst_info and
valdacil_info with the current directory structure into your modded UI directory. You must
also edit your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file to include the following lines. These lines must come
BEFORE the final </page> tag:

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_equipguide.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_cookbook.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_spelllist.xml</include>

Note: The ThorUI AU doesn't modify the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file therefore you shouldn't have one in the thorui folder by default. With that said, you will need to copy the one in your EverQuest II\UI\Default folder to the ThorUI folder; then add the lines of code noted above.

Hope this resolves any questions concerning the ThorUI AU and the use of this mod.

I'd recommend including an already setup version of the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file for your users.

I went out of my way NOT to modify any main reference file (such as the eq2ui_mainhud.xml) as this would only cause issues with other mods that require those entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon
I am using the thor auto update ui and trying to add in your trade skill piece but all i am getting is black screens. i have done the testing as you sugested to fix but works fine with out. could you test and see if i am doing somthing wrong.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 12-01-2005 at 12:59 AM.