EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-21-2008, 12:23 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Macro config questions

I downloaded the macro config thing and wondering if you can tell me or point me to the right direction on how to use it?.. I use Open Office and dont know it its compatible with that.. also i see the table, but dont see the macro setup window... Thanks again for the help and the great ui
Unread 02-21-2008, 03:17 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

From what a couple of the posts in this thread says, the macro configurator isn't compatible with Open Office.

The same thread also has some basic instructions that should help you get started with it.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-21-2008, 03:58 PM
A Forest Scavenger

o.k. thanks.. thats a bummer cuz i dont like giving my money to microsoft LOL.. i'll figure something out though..
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Yup, I guess I was on the 'beta team'... it is not compatible with open office. Actually, open office does have issues with macro's written for excel. That is the only problem that I have seen with it so far (I use both almost daily at work).

However, it works with excel 2000 and excel 2003
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Next time I'm bored I'll check whether it can be made OpenOffice compatible- - they claim to do Excel 2000 VBA code, and my code certainly is compatible with Excel 2000, so maybe it's just some minor things that need to be tweaked.
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:25 PM
A Forest Scavenger

That would be awsome.. I just dont think its write to go out and pay big bucks on a program that you can actualy get for free, well a similar program.. Can you get the older microsoft offices for free?? I have no idea?
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I download and extract the file; I open it it has a security warning pop up saying some active content has been disabled. I click options and I enable macros and active x. My main is a guardian so I go down to spell Sentry Watch (1600) and as soon as I click to save the selected spell line to Profit UI I get the error.
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have switched back to Windows XP and now this works for me.
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:16 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks for the info. So you were on Vista before? I'll just mark Vista as incompatible until further notice then, probably some security feature thereof...
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Well since I use OpenOffice I can't recreate this. If this happens on Vista while trying to create the UI files in \program files, just run Excel as administrator (or get EQ2 out of \program files, will save you a lot of trouble :P ).
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
Well since I use OpenOffice I can't recreate this. If this happens on Vista while trying to create the UI files in \program files, just run Excel as administrator (or get EQ2 out of \program files, will save you a lot of trouble :P ).
I don't think that's it, the VBA code does not try to access any files before you hit the save button, but some people reported an issue with compiling the SpellTable code before they ever get to save, at least that's what I understood. And that code in SpellTable does nothing of this sort. I'll try changing that code around a bit for the next release.

In any case I should probably port this to a standalone app. Feeling bored Kaldran? I definitively don't have the time atm...

Last edited by gm9 : 03-12-2008 at 01:31 PM.