Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Default ThorUI AU (Auto Update) [Interface Discussion]

ThorUI AU (Auto Update)
(It has arrived)

Opening Interface Discussion Thread for the new ThorUI AU!

Note: If you're having issues downloading/updating please be patient (i'm currently hosting the actual interface items until we can find a home for them and my web host hasn't been the most reliable lately...)

Also:

If you decide to stop using an interface piece you will need to "uncheck it within the updater" and manually delete the file within the thorui. (If you're unsure about this simply "uncheck the option" then delete the entire thorui folder and the autoupdater will redownload everything for you)

Thank you all
It's the combined knowledge and effort of the entire EQ2Interface Community that has made the ThorUI AU what it is today!
(Interface Author - Interface User)

Help others:
Be sure to tell others in game about ThorUI AU. (I've provided a QuickChat option that has all the info. Press "O" for the socials window and it wil be the bottom button.
Since we have the Auto Updater now, there's a good chance we may lose our spot in the "Most Downloads" section. This gives even more reason to ensure you rate the ThorUI AU and also add it to your favorites so that others may know what the overal EQ2UI Community thinks.
So please:
If you try it - Rate it
If you use it - Add it to your Favorites (It's under the "download" button)

Links:
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-27-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Unread 09-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Installation Notes:

VERY Important notes BEFORE installing:
You MUST uninstall and delete any previous versions of the ThorUI BEFORE proceeding!!! (Simply delete the ThorUI folder in your EverQuest II\UI directory) "You may be subject to cattle prod attacks if you disregard this notice."

Quick Install Notes:
2. Click the “Auto Install” button in the top right corner.
3. Choose Run
4. Download will begin
5. Click Run when prompted to confirm
6. Click Yes
7. Click Next
8. Click Next
9. Click Next
10. Click Next
11. Click Install
12. Install will only take a few seconds.
13. Click Finish
14. Return to the main download page and rate the ThorUI and add as a favorite.

Detailed Installation Documentation: (Same as above but includes screenshots)

Deselecting a Feature:
1. Launch the ThorUI AU

2. Click “Cancel” therefore stoping the update process
3. Click “Advanced”
4. Uncheck the feature you would like to stop using
5. Click “Ok”
6. Close the ThorUI AU
7. Browse to the “thorui” folder within your EverQuest II\UI directory
8. Delete the “thorui” folder
9. Launch the ThorUI AU allowing it to redownload all files and auto launch the game

Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 10-08-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Unread 09-22-2005, 07:35 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Top 10 List:

Top ten list of interface suggestions/additions that most would like to see included in the ThorUI AU

1.) Include Fenix Arcane Mods (added groupmember window and evaluating other items)
2.) Slim EXP window option (Done)
3.) Chat option for top of screen (Done)
4.) Groupmember window that fills top to bottom (Done)
5.) Inventory with all activatables redily available (Done)
6.) More Knowledge Book options (Done)
7.) Pet window revamp (Done)
8.) Casting Window options (Done)
9.) Make Voice and mood emotes easily accessable (Done)
10.) Easiest installer possible while retaining full options (Done, thank you eqmrnice)

Send your suggestions/comments to [email protected]
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-24-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Unread 09-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Interface Submissions:

Are you an interface author that would like to see your work included as an option in the ThorUI AU?

Do you use the ThorUI but like another author's mod that isn't currently included in the ThorUI AU?

Are you using a current interface where the original interface author has gone MIA "Missing in Action" but you would like to continue using those items?

Email [email protected] and we'll see what we can do about that.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-22-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Unread 09-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Thank you eqmrnice!!!

I wanted to publicly acknowledge and thank eqmrnice for creating the Auto Updater for the ThorUI.

He has spent untold hours/days/weeks working on building this from the ground up.

Please join me in sending him a thank you email to: [email protected]

His dedication and attention to detail will be making all of our lives much easier and we can all spend more time playing than fighting with an interface.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-22-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Unread 09-26-2005, 03:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Downloading

Getting the problem of: "Not authorized to view this file" When i try to download...Now im stuck waiting with no new ui
Unread 09-27-2005, 11:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Great Job

Very nice.
Unread 09-27-2005, 11:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Personel recipe filter

The filter over writes my filters. I unchecked the option but it still puts your filters in and over writes mine.
Unread 09-27-2005, 12:10 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2
The filter over writes my filters. I unchecked the option but it still puts your filters in and over writes mine.

Have you deleted the ThorUI Directory? Unchecking a feature just means it will no longer update but as a security precaution we don't allow the AU to delete anything.

Try deleting the thorui directory and updating again. Things should work fine.
Unread 09-27-2005, 12:39 PM
A Berserk Golem

how do I disable certain features have tried unticking but they still come back, ie that casr bar and breathing indicator bug the hell out of me, also have unticked gridlines on map and they still show.

Does unticking features disable them or stop them from updating ?
Unread 09-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Unchecking features does NOT remove the feature from the thorui directory.
We thought it best to not delete files from your computer
After unchecking/deselecting a feature, simply delete the thorui folder and then re-run the AU

You can look at the mods before selecting them by clicking the "..." next to each feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig
how do I disable certain features have tried unticking but they still come back, ie that casr bar and breathing indicator bug the hell out of me, also have unticked gridlines on map and they still show.

Does unticking features disable them or stop them from updating ?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-28-2005, 01:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
btw.. unrealated but.. I wish all programers thought that way. Many many annoying sw bugs would never exist if they did.
Unread 10-20-2005, 09:51 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Unchecking features does NOT remove the feature from the thorui directory.
We thought it best to not delete files from your computer
After unchecking/deselecting a feature, simply delete the thorui folder and then re-run the AU

You can look at the mods before selecting them by clicking the "..." next to each feature.
I have tried this twice now and the LoadMap option is still coming up in my UI.

Any ideas here?

Thanks and great work,
Zed
Unread 09-27-2005, 06:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Default ThorUI AU and EQ2Map? Can I have my Cake and Eat it Too?

One of the first EQ2 UI I tried was EQ2Map. I'm hooked and gotta have it. But Thor UI AU has alot I would like to try as well. I did not see EQ2Map in the Advanced portion of the AU. Soooooo... The million plat question... Can I have both and if so, how do I do it. TIA
Unread 09-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

You most certainly can have both, and I would pretty much quit playing EQ2 if i couldn't have eq2maps
Simply install ThorUI AU then click the advanced button.
Under the options tab you will see the first browse to field.
Simply browse to your eq2map updater executable and then select launch app when close.
This will automatically launch the eq2map updater after the ThorUI AU is closed.
Note: you can configure it to automatically launch as soon as it's done updating as well.
That's it, eq2map will detect the new ui and will download all the necesary files for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaksur
One of the first EQ2 UI I tried was EQ2Map. I'm hooked and gotta have it. But Thor UI AU has alot I would like to try as well. I did not see EQ2Map in the Advanced portion of the AU. Soooooo... The million plat question... Can I have both and if so, how do I do it. TIA
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-27-2005, 07:44 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaksur

Hey...just a question...I programmed the Auto Updater to detect the install of EQ Maps automatically...did you install eqmaps to a non-default location?
Unread 09-28-2005, 09:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Tradeskill window question

I tradeskill a lot and like the tradeskilll window mod. I am having a problem with it thou. When I am done with a combine, by clicking the <Recipies> button, it returns me to the recipe list window, but the scroll bar is always sized as if the window contained all the recipies, that is it is full size. So if I have a recipe that is farther down the list I can not scroll down to it. The fix I have found is to refilter the list and then scroll bar is correct size, also opening and closing the recipe window does not fix the scroll bar either.

I mentioned earlier about your filter list. I deleted the ui/thorui directory but the list came up any way. I have manually deleted the filters from within game to see if that will work, but servers went down before I saw if it worked.
Unread 09-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'm aware of that issue and the best "work-a-round" is to click a recipe then the window updates and your scroll bar "should" update and appear.

As for my recipe filter: make sure you have deselected it within the ThorUI AU. Once that is done all you need do is copy your version back in or delete my filters in came and set your's back up.

The ThorUI AU won't update a feature unless you have it selected within the features page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC2
I tradeskill a lot and like the tradeskilll window mod. I am having a problem with it thou. When I am done with a combine, by clicking the <Recipies> button, it returns me to the recipe list window, but the scroll bar is always sized as if the window contained all the recipies, that is it is full size. So if I have a recipe that is farther down the list I can not scroll down to it. The fix I have found is to refilter the list and then scroll bar is correct size, also opening and closing the recipe window does not fix the scroll bar either.

I mentioned earlier about your filter list. I deleted the ui/thorui directory but the list came up any way. I have manually deleted the filters from within game to see if that will work, but servers went down before I saw if it worked.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 10-07-2005, 06:00 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Trade Window Bug

There seems to be a problem with the trade window. I was given some money earlier and the trade window did not update in the display the money given to me, but it will show what money I have placed in trade. The items appear correctly when tested.
Unread 10-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Confirmed
Thank you very much for verifying this prior to posting.
I'll get right on an update.
---------------------
Ok it's fixed.
I'll be removing the 3 extra trade slots soon i guess as it doesn't look like they will be allowing 9 slot trades any longer...
---------------------
Removed extra trade slots that SOE disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicex
There seems to be a problem with the trade window. I was given some money earlier and the trade window did not update in the display the money given to me, but it will show what money I have placed in trade. The items appear correctly when tested.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 10-07-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Unread 10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Been away for a while, so I read all posts about your UI Thor....

I followed all instructions, but somehow after installing and choosing what features I wanted...I loaded game and still getting default UI. Any idea what I am doing incorrectly?

In my directory under Program Files, Sony, Everquest II, UI there isn't a ThorUI there?? Could that be it?

If I can't get it resolved I hope to catch you on TS and you can fix it via VNC. LOL

Thanks a bunch,

Jev
Unread 10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JevenaInkblot
Been away for a while, so I read all posts about your UI Thor....

I followed all instructions, but somehow after installing and choosing what features I wanted...I loaded game and still getting default UI. Any idea what I am doing incorrectly?

In my directory under Program Files, Sony, Everquest II, UI there isn't a ThorUI there?? Could that be it?

If I can't get it resolved I hope to catch you on TS and you can fix it via VNC. LOL

Thanks a bunch,

Jev

Hi...make sure that in ADVANCED you have the correct path to everquest. If that is not correct, ThorUI tends not to go in the place you'd expect it.
Unread 10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I see no advanced button in the auto updater, and the text is all funky in the AU. Suggestions pls
Unread 10-20-2005, 07:48 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

off hand i would guess that you have your computers dpi set to something other than the normal (which is 96)
Unread 10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

text set at medium

i see advanced when i 1st set it up, then i tryed to download updated file and, restartes the AU. The restarted AU doesnt show advanced button and text is show your commands and everything: