EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-28-2007, 03:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Problems with 3.2

I've been having a number of odd problems with the latest update.

First, the chat window lost the bar in which you type, and I had to go to Window Settings, change it to Frame Only, and then back to None (for frame and titlebar options) in order to be able to chat.

Then I had to resize all my hotbars, because they would only fit eleven icons instead of twelve.

Then the right-hand segment of the top bar vanished, and I had to restore UI settings from another character to get it back.

Now the window which displays maintained spell effects won't show any I've cast on myself.

Is there a fix in the works, I hope?
Unread 04-28-2007, 03:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

1. Chat was intentional.

2. Hotbars were intentional (necessary workaround to enable right-click menu that was broken)

3. The quest helper can be shown/hidden via Alt J

4. Either you scrolled them out of sight or you should be looking for them in the effects window instead. Both windows are fine.

Thus, no fix in the works for the above since all is well.
Unread 04-28-2007, 04:45 PM
A Brown Bear

OK, there are obviously things going on that I don't understand, what with the non-chatting chat windows and such.

Alt-J doesn't do anything except sound a tone and give me a message saying that window can't be hidden; also, I hadn't hit alt-J when the quest helper disappeared. I hit the D key to turn right, and halfway through the turn, that window vanished.

Likewise the maintained spells, only I was turning left this time. By dint of much experimentation, I've finally managed to scroll them back into sight, but it didn't work until I had unlocked it, turned off click-through, made the background visible, and given it a frame. Then I could scroll the window (which has no scroll bars!) with the mouse wheel. I had never scrolled the window through any means of which I'm aware, though, so something odd happened to cause those spells to vanish off-screen.

Anyway, thanks for the hint, I didn't even know that was possible.

Oh, and while I'm here, I may as well ask: is there any way to turn off the highlighting of the hotbar buttons? The buttons remain highlighted when I remove the cursor, and the only way to get that off that I've found is to mouse over the little box at bottom right which activates window settings (and isn't visible now).

Last edited by Spontz : 04-28-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Unread 04-28-2007, 05:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The maintained window can always be scrolled regardless of settings. It's a handy feature - I tend to scroll my constant buffs, pet icons, etc. out of sight to save space since the maintained window fills up quickly (at least on some classes).

I have no idea why your quest helper vanished, but Alt-M works if you disable Options -> User Interface -> "Keep Main HUD Windows Visible" (the game also tells you that).

The stuck hotbar highlighting is a long standing bug caused by SOE. You could disable it completely by editing the graphics file icon_transp1.dds.
Unread 04-28-2007, 07:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default chat window problem

I had trouble with the UI a month ago, finally found a work around by finding and saving a backup of the eq2_keymap file. which I found I needed to copy and paste every time after I loaded the game. a plus with this was that I found a way to remove F9 programing.
I set my F keys to spells, not default programming.

However, after todays download of 3.2, and having no chat window, not being able to answer the many 'tells' I got. I had to remove profit and go back to standard UI. really gunna miss that UI too !
I could NOT get it to work. somehow that required deliberate chat window mod, has really messed me up.
Unread 04-28-2007, 11:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Does this mean we are stuck with hotbars with the spinners in front of the hotbar that we can't remove?
Unread 04-29-2007, 03:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Innothule

Would like the spinners to be hide able again. SOE has kindly given us the option to hide the spinner in the default UI by right clicking and hitting hotbar options and ticking hide spinners. Would love it if this would hide Profit UI spinners as well. This menu is available from anywhere on th3e hotbar and is easy to access. So hiding the spinners through this would be easy to undo.
Unread 04-29-2007, 03:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Chat windows issue

HI,

yesterday, i installed ProfitUI for first time and i've a little bug with chat windows because it doesn't work. Ever i can't see chat line to write and click on chat window doesn't work. do I need to use a special combo keys to chat?

What should i do?

thx. and good job Interface very cool!.
Unread 05-01-2007, 04:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackanddeker View Post
HI,

yesterday, i installed ProfitUI for first time and i've a little bug with chat windows because it doesn't work. Ever i can't see chat line to write and click on chat window doesn't work. do I need to use a special combo keys to chat?

What should i do?

thx. and good job Interface very cool!.
Hey i'll answer this for you. Right click on your chat, go to window settings. Find the "Title and Frame" drop down box and switch it to none. The chat box will appear again.
Unread 05-03-2007, 06:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thx. No its work!:-)