EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 06-14-2006, 08:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Mod which shows how much an item is worth!

I´m looking for a Mod which shows me how much is an item worth at the npc! For example i found a gnoll ear and its 7c worth but my bag is full then i dont know what ive to destroy ... and no one wants to destroy stuff which are more worth then others or? Dont know if a mod like this is already existing... i looked around in the download section and coulndt find something like that.

(hope you can understand me ... my english isnt the best ^^)

Mfg

Turbotoni
Unread 06-14-2006, 09:35 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm not someone who does a lot of mods myself, so someone more experienced may correct me here, but I don't think what your looking for is currently possible. if nothing ese there is no hard and set price for most items. Depending on which vendor you go to and where they are located you may be offered different amounts for the same items.

That said, wish it were doable because I'd love to see something like this as well!
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

No easy way to automate this since we don't have access to the pricing data. In theory someone could create a simple reference list of items and their prices, but it would be alot of manual work.

There are generally 3 vendor qualities, good, average and poor. A specific item has a base price which is modified by the vendor quality, so you get 3 different prices depending on the merchant you visit.

To complicate things further, many dropped items will have identical names but different base prices. In most cases the difference is due to what teir the item dropped in, but there are cases where its not.

And then there's crafted items. Crafted items have a base price set by the cost of the subcomponents and modified their final quality. This results in identically named items having severl base prices, which of course are again modiffied by vendor quality.

Someone wih more time than me could probably work out a formula for guestimating the value of an item based on a few paramaters:

Item Type: (harvest, collection, crafted, body loot, gear, spell, recipie)

Level/zone tier

item tier (common, treasured, legendary/Adept/precious, fabeled/master)

Of course none of this would account for broker prices.