EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-10-2006, 11:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Modding default UI

Heya,

I am completely new at modding UI:s so this might be a simple question to you. I am a defiler/healer in the game and I want to show some stats to make my job easier. What I want to show is health and power in points, not %, and I want to add a decimal to the experience and vitality.

What is the simplest way to do this? I have checked some already made mods but haven't found any that I like (and I would like to learn about modding).

Thanks in advanced!
Unread 02-10-2006, 01:19 PM
A Fallen Diplomat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Well first make a copy of the Default UI. copy that to a new folder (I put mine in the UI Builder folder.

Then using UI Builder open eq2ui.xml This will be all of your windows.

For the majority of your question look through the page GameData at the top of the page tree in UI builder. There you will find a bunch of data that you can pull.

for your exp the whole number would be /GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent and the decimil would be /GameData.Self.ExperienceBubble

Look at the custom mods on this site that already do part of what you want to get all the details on how to do things (taking apart someone eles's mod is the BEST way to learn how they did things and how you can too).

for the Health/Power look at /GameData.Group.Group_1 and so on, got current/max health and power in there as well.

Best of luck, the forums are full of info and again, other people's work is the Best way to learn.
Unread 02-10-2006, 01:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for the response. I have been looking at mods done by others but have not yet got a understanding of the structure and how things are done. I will look at it more to try to get a grip of it. Trial and error I guess =)