Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-17-2005, 04:53 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Window popup on attack

Hello All

Does anyone knows how to make a window poping up while I'm under attack ?

Thanks in advance
Unread 03-08-2005, 03:06 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdition
Hello All

Does anyone knows how to make a window poping up while I'm under attack ?

Thanks in advance
have you thought about building a script with jave embedded intot he xml page to check for a hit or loss of hp ?
Unread 03-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

C0d3M0nk3y the EverQuest2 interface engine wont render java. SOE is only using the xml meta tag format to allow customization, its nothing like regular xml. By the way, welcome to EQ2Interface.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-08-2005 at 03:36 AM.
Unread 03-08-2005, 03:40 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
C0d3M0nk3y the EverQuest2 interface engine wont render java. SOE is only using the xml meta tag format to allow customization, its nothing like regular xml. By the way, welcome to EQ2Interface.

hmmmm will it recognize VB I wonder ? more than likely not but good to know it won't run java. though I wonder if the chat interface would allow a macro to call to a script ? but more than likely the answer is no hmmm good question perdition back to the drawing board I guess.
Unread 03-08-2005, 03:48 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

The only way to have a window open upon attack is if SOE provided a way to do so. I am not sure if they have or not. Hopefuly there is a way and some one will help you, perdition.

C0d3M0nk3y, You can think of the XML interface for EverQuest2 Sonys own language and it wont render any other language but its own. They keep tight control over what we can do so things cant be exploited in game. We can play with some function but its mainly to change the design and layout of the interface. Once you get a chance to dive in further you'll see.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-08-2005 at 03:51 AM.
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:10 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
The only way to have a window open upon attack is if SOE provided a way to do so. I am not sure if they have or not. Hopefuly there is a way and some one will help you, perdition.

C0d3M0nk3y, You can think of the XML interface for EverQuest2 Sonys own language and it wont render any other language but its own. They keep tight control over what we can do so things cant be exploited in game. We can play with some function but its mainly to change the design and layout of the interface. Once you get a chance to dive in further you'll see.
So true Dolby, It's kind of like when Microsoft had their version of Java and so did Sun Microsystems. They were both very similar but yet very different. If you open any of Sony's XML files in a True XML editor, it will open and you can edit it, but when you try any of the fancy tools like Validate the file, OMG it chokes the Editor hard, because it's Sony's own special XML just for UI customization.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:11 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:

hmmm I figured as much oh well now I have something to think about for a bit while I needlessly grind away on the monsters. or while I am bored at work.

hmmm I just thought of something. what if you created a hidden window that the Gamedata.self.health data is sent to then when the value of Gamedata.self.health is lower than Gamedata.self.healthmax the window then becomes visible ? forgive me if my syntax is incorrect but that should work with only a simple if statement in the page.
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:16 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d3M0nk3y
what if you created a hidden window that the Gamedata.self.health data is sent to then when the value of Gamedata.self.health is lower than Gamedata.self.healthmax the window then becomes visible ? forgive me if my syntax is incorrect but that should work with only a simple if statement in the page.
If statements are not supported. Nor does OnChange work on anything without user input.
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:35 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos
Exclamation

This is the best you're going to get at the moment. It puts an OnShow event to bring up MainHUD.Memorized (abandoned window but still present in default UI) when the Proxyactor damage text comes up.

Unfortunately, this isn't just when YOU are attacked, but when anyone near you is attacked or healed and you've got it to show in the chat filter settings.

Plug this in and then mess with MainHUD.Memorized.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_proxyactor.xml (14.6 KB, 385 views)
Unread 03-08-2005, 05:50 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Crushbone

Not sure if this will help or not but, combatstats.com has the window that is always on top of my EQ screen. Called a mini monitor for stats. Maybe a call to something like that that just goes blank when not needed. It it transparent so when blank it is gone. I am sure they would help you out.