EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-29-2009, 09:26 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Can I get /cancel_spellcast on click-to-heals?

I notice the click-to-cure buttons (persona, group, or raid windows) have a /cancel_spellcast option, and I definitely use that.

Is there a way to get /cancel_spellcast added to the click-to-heal buttons? (group and raid windows) If I am pressing those buttons (instead of my usual group or tank heal), it's because I want to heal someone in a hurry (not wait until after Starfire or something else casts).
Unread 10-30-2009, 10:18 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

as a healer I use to do that in my hotbar icons and really found it to be a pain because sometimes double clicking or in the case of cure curse where it actually takes some time accidently canceling that when it is very important for that to complete.

I'm not sure what class you play so no idea where to show an example of the edit to the quickspellbuttons files.
Unread 10-30-2009, 12:43 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Oasis

in your \UI\ProfitUI folder in the _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt file

if you have a line like this for your class:

Code:
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Regrowth" Tooltip="Regrowth"/>
you would insert cancel_spellcast just after the Macro=" bit, and also a carriage return between the two commands, like so:

Code:
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="cancel_spellcast
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Regrowth" Tooltip="Regrowth"/>
As Eowaubeth pointed out, if you hit this button it'll cancel whatever you're casting, so if you start curing a DoT on someone, you won't be able to queue a heal on it's tail, as the heal would now interrupt the cure.
Unread 11-09-2009, 01:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for the info! I'm a Fury btw.

Yes, I'm well aware that if I'm casting something more important (like cure-curse), then I have to wait for it to finish. Or if I'm trying to cure several people in a row, I have to wait for the 0.9 second cast time for each cure. I am already used to that on the click-to-cure buttons, and this change should make the behavior consistent for the click-to-heal buttons, so they will all work the same way.

I have hotkeys and macros for group heals, damage, etc. If I'm clicking on a cure or heal on an individual in the raid window, it's because that person is in trouble and needs curing / healing immediately!