EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default extracting files from profitui reborn and updater

For some dumb reason I downloaded the new station launcher from sony that allows you to open all Sony's games from one location. I didn't know that it would redownload eq2 again. After a few hours I have the new launchpad but lost profitui reborn. I have tried to download profitui reborn into the game again but since I am not windows vista savvy I cant seem to understand how to extract the files into the game file. When I click on the updater icon I get please set your everquestII directory in "settings, filepaths" first. I have no trouble with the map updater. I have been using profitui reborn for over a year now and I like it a lot. Could someone please in plain language explain how to download and extract the files into my game folder? I know I am doing something wrong. Thank you. I have read the instuctions on this site but I am still confused.
Unread 09-21-2009, 10:30 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkster View Post
please set your everquestII directory in "settings, filepaths" first.
That means to go to the Settings menu and click on the filepaths button, where you then need to browse to your new EQ2 folder location (the same you set in the EQ2MAP updater).
Unread 09-21-2009, 11:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default replying back

Under the profit ui reborn updater I have clicked settings, file paths, then the button choose. Under choose I have tried all the different ones, nothing works. I still get Everquest2 exe not found. I have microsoft windows vista home premium (64-bit) if that helps. I already read what you just put in your post and I am still lost. Could it be that profitui reborn itself is extracted wrong? I can't remember but I don't think I had any trouble downloading this the 1st time. Just clicked on the download, extracted and it took care of it for me. Still lost and confused
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkster View Post
Under the profit ui reborn updater I have clicked settings, file paths, then the button choose. Under choose I have tried all the different ones, nothing works. I still get Everquest2 exe not found. I have microsoft windows vista home premium (64-bit) if that helps. I already read what you just put in your post and I am still lost. Could it be that profitui reborn itself is extracted wrong? I can't remember but I don't think I had any trouble downloading this the 1st time. Just clicked on the download, extracted and it took care of it for me. Still lost and confused
Make sure you're running his program as an administrator -- if EQ2 is in program files (which it likely is) the program run with unelevated would likely not be able to 'see' the EQ2 executable because it's in that protected program files directory.
Unread 09-23-2009, 02:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have this problem using the auto-updater too. Whenever I go to the auto-update page, I am told to set the filepath just as the OP. And similarly when I do so, it doesn't save the filepath and instead continues to issue error messages.

How do you run the auto-updater as admin, or can you? The one launched from his webpage: http://updater.pala.de/

EDIT: No idea why but it's fine now. I checked it a couple times for the past 3 hours and now it updated fine. Thanks for the update!

Last edited by finniksa : 09-23-2009 at 05:37 PM.