EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 03-14-2005, 03:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default The 'other' forum

I used to be pretty active on the EQ2 Station forums, and frequent there often to check up on in game issues and stuff.

It seems like every time I go over there to read post, I come away with this sick feeling in the bottom of mys stomach. That entire board is SOOO negative. It doesn't appear to be localized to the technical help and support threads as I thought it once was, it's eveywhere.

This forum in contrast is TOTALLY different.
The attititude is just so different here it's shocking.
I'm just curious as to how that is? What's different here, that isn't different there? Is it just the volume of people?

Maybe the bad, is just outshinning the good over there, but no matter what threads I read, it's like 100 complaint threads for every 1 useful thread.

So what gives?

It's good to be here. I like this one ALOT better.
Unread 03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Antonia Bayle

Totaly agree.
Unread 03-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

I think the other forum draws negative posts is because when people think they have been wronged in some way they see it as an outlet to voice there anger with the company. Some people feel they need to go on a crusade and even get caught up in the drama of the other negative posts and start there own negative posting campaign. It looks as though many of the positive posters no longer visit the other forum as the forums are not as active as they once were, I can only guess its for the same reasons of being sick of reading all the negativity.

If only those posters would understand that ranting and raving like they do only hurts them in what ever cause or thing they want fixed or explained. There are ways to communicate your problems with out being so negative and you have a much larger chance of getting results.

You'll see this with most forums operated by large corporations. If you check out Blizzard there bnet and wow forums are negative too.

Not sure how they could fix the problem but I agree. Maybe if they had a dedicated forum where they could post the rest of the forums would be better off.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-14-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Unread 03-14-2005, 03:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

/agree 100% on that Kosmos

vaild info on there is like 5% , 95% squabbling like little children all trying to get one over on each other.... Ask a question you either get,

1 no response
2 get a load of abuse
3 response to somthing not related to what you asked
4 some dude responding to a load of abuse he/she got like 20 posts back in the thread

Result = "I dont even bother to read / look for any info there now at all"

Its a damn shame, It should be a nice place to go and ask / find info out insted its like visiting a bad part of town....... The mods cant control what sort of peeps they get posting there but they could "modderate" it better and deny posting for persistant "none pleasant" types in there... They would loose somthing like 3k of posts straight away lol
Unread 03-14-2005, 08:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow
Default The advanced section

I think the difference between the evil boards and this place is the subject matter. This is where people come when they want to take their involvment with eq2 to a new level. It's like the advanced section of the eq2 universe.

You are done deciding if you like the game, And you've figured out how to play. Now you want to change the game to suit you. You want to make it better. It takes a fair bit of intelligence to want that. Editing game files (Even copy/pasting) just takes a different type of person. Little griefer kitty doesnt care what his experience bar looks like.

I usually just read the dev tracker, but the return of the old Moorgard (aka Moorhunter) has me psyched! Moo is very entertaining when he's not in his official spokesperson role. i so loved mobhunter.
I almost never post over there, the whole 'lost in a sea of voices' thing gets to me.. i think i'm up to 12 posts!

Last edited by insomniac : 03-14-2005 at 08:40 PM.
Unread 03-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

"Main" forums for all games are like this. It's just part of MMO life. If you want real, helpful forums... go find a smaller community/fan forums.
Unread 03-18-2005, 10:44 AM
A Griffon

Well, the 'other' forum is down hard core today! Wow!
Unread 03-18-2005, 10:38 PM
A Griffon

are the eq2 forums down? Or can only those with active eq2 accounts view them now?

this is what I get when trying to view the forums now.

You must be a Station member and an EverQuest II Official Forums Member to log into the forums.
If you are both, please login.
Click here to register for the forum.

Last edited by Ellyana : 03-18-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Unread 03-18-2005, 11:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

It's similar to raising of kids I guess you could say.

Some people goto A LOT of forums, or have through their experiences of the internet. Some may come from forums where it's just flame wars, and bringing it to forums like EQ2 forums, and people just tend to repeat what they see.

Plus, people always want what they want. Everyone wants things their ways. People say they have not enough support on the forums. I'm surprised they respond to half of the posts there. I sure wouldn't.
Unread 03-19-2005, 01:49 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
The mods cant control what sort of peeps they get posting there but they could "modderate" it better and deny posting for persistant "none pleasant" types in there
They tried that on the official EQ1 boards. Basically it just made the company look like it was trying to hide something, so they shut the boards down altogether. I'm surprised there are "official" forums at all, frankly.
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:37 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Neriak
Default Hmmmmm

Hahahha, all of this reminds me of why I used to post only on the EQ1 Test Server forums, since the Test Server community of EQ1 was so small, you eventually knew almost everybody posting there. Big forums, like most people here on this thread have pointed out, have their fair share of drama queens

But coming to think of it, my small server, low population board, had one of the funniest sections called "D is for Drama" where most posts of this type were placed. Good Ol' days hehe. Also everytime I'm in need of in game info I honestly surf either to Allakhazam's (old habits die hard) or the Tower of dreams. Not much to see in the official forums anyway, except perhaps the upcoming changes list of their Test Server forum...
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachaco
Not much to see in the official forums anyway...

I disagree!!

You can find many, many, many terrific examples of how to get your game to crash!! LOL!
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:50 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Everfrost

I would have to disagree, imho if ya read about what the idiots are having trouble with, often I find solutions to the, er, less gifted, guildies problems ahead of time...now FINDING the real problems after 12 pages of This Suxxors can be a headache..
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:53 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiroprotagonist
I would have to disagree, imho if ya read about what the idiots are having trouble with, often I find solutions to the, er, less gifted, guildies problems ahead of time...now FINDING the real problems after 12 pages of This Suxxors can be a headache..

What you mean you don't like the:

"There are currently too many searches" message when you try to search a topic?