EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore
Exclamation Cant Close Windows & Chat options wont save

Hi I have been using ThorUi for months and love it! There are just 2 minor problems I have been dealing with that are finally starting to get on my nerves.

I accidentally opened some new chat windows (4 to be exact) and I cannot close them. I cant even attach them to my current window as a Tab, and there isn't an 'X' to close them. There is also no option when right-clicking. I basically just made them as small as possible and moved them off the screen to be out of the way. There has to be way to close them. I've even tried deleting thorui and repatching with no luck. Has anyone seen this before?

Also, not sure if this is a ui problem or soe but when I save my chat settings they dont save. Next time I log in, its back to what it was before. For example, I have a Channels tab for all chat channels. But channels also display in the General Tab. I always go in a uncheck them in General Tab but it doesnt save after I log out.

Hope there is someone with some insight into these problems, and I aplogize in advance if ThorUI isn't causing these problems but figured I would try here first.

Thanks,

Prodigus <Eqlipse> Mistmoore
Guild Leader
Unread 03-23-2006, 06:58 PM
A Griffon

The chat channels bug is a sony thing, has nothing to do with the UI files themselves.

You can NOT move chat channels outside of the main tab. They will always go back to it when you login.
Unread 03-23-2006, 08:10 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I believe you will need to wipe your ui settings file (mine would be mistmoore_ulcifer_eq2_uisettings.ini) and let the game create a new one (or use the window placement wizard in the auto updater) in order to solve the issue with the chat windows.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-24-2006, 08:58 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
I believe you will need to wipe your ui settings file (mine would be mistmoore_ulcifer_eq2_uisettings.ini) and let the game create a new one (or use the window placement wizard in the auto updater) in order to solve the issue with the chat windows.
Wow, thanks for the replies from my fellow Mistmoorians. Coincedence? Anyway, I did as you suggested and redid all my UI settings for this character and made sure NOT to open new chat windows!!! I also noticed that when the Channel tab is the first one, it seems to default to there and saves that way so i am very happy now. Thanks!

-Prodigus