EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-04-2005, 03:19 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Live Update 16b - eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml

I was attempting to mod the "eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml" file when after several attepts and crashing on Test server. I remembered a previous problem with another xml file.

Quote:
OK. The issue is this.

The first line of eq2ui_mainhud.xml needs to end in a single linefeed. Not a CR NL like all the other lines in that file and all lines in other files.

In notepad, this will show up as a small square between ?> and <Page

If you change this to any other white space (a space, a CR NL pair) the entire UI breaks and the game becomes unusable.

Sony devs, please fix the parser for this file to accept standard XML.

Hope this helps,
Sixes.
So, once again I used NOTEPAD and edited the xml placing the box between what he indicates above.
I am not real sure what the dev's may be using to edit, but this can cause many headaches in the future if they continue to have something as simple yet hard to find at times as this.
Unread 11-04-2005, 03:56 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

FYI on the inventory window, they are adding a toggle to allow the old functinoaloty if desired. Therefore those who do not want to have the xtra slots in thier inventory due to aesthetic reasons or just because they use an older UI that isn't maintained anymore will still be able to eat and drink.

Personally I found it tough to add the two new slots and keep things looking nice. The old number of slots worked perfectly. Now its kinda off. Hell even the default UI looks whacky with them
Unread 11-04-2005, 05:05 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Apparently after looking through most of the xml files. It seems it has been this way for a while now. So, older UI's given changes will crash.
Most xml files had the box in Notepad. Including updates in Test.

Been a while since I tried messing with any files. Biggest reason to just now see.

The Inventory I am using is the Rotary Inventory - LoY conversion from EQ1.
Unread 11-04-2005, 06:19 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Yeah, I dunno what's up with the whole box thing... but it seems UIBuilder doesn't screw it up. My favorite text editor does however. Notepad is no prob with eq2ui_mainhud.xml because it's so simple, I'll proabbly just end up editing/saving in my fav. text editor, and just copy the box over from an original