EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 05-08-2005, 11:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Miraguel's Menagerie

I am trying to understand how to do maps here and chose this small instanced zone as an experiment. Feedback on what is right/wrong would be appreciated.

Mapper and Inscape were new tools to me, Photoshop and, of course, EQ old friends. Points at which I was unsure:

FIRST: In Inkscape, when I loaded my SVG file, the outline was very rough along the edges. Since the rooms of Miraguel's Menagerie are pretty regular, I replaced the rough lines with straight walls and corners (originally laid over the rough lines to preserve the locations and symmetry). However, the points on the new vectors definitely do NOT have a 1:1 correspondence with those in the original log file (many were deleted). The XLS from the original logfile is also posted here. How does this change/damage the process?? Should I have just moved the existing points to smooth the lines out?

SECOND: Once I had my image placed on the template in Photoshop and colored, I had a 512x512 image (based on the size of the underlying template. The dds file save (attached) had the correct size parameters and I did that save. Was the JPG save to be an alternative format or was it needed in addition to the DDS? Since the JPG was a different image size, were you looking for crop or resize? or perhaps just the layer that had my part of the map and not the template?? (attached jpg is just the overlay layer as I used it in Photoshop - the entire PSD file was too large to attach.)

---------------------------------------
OTHER data:
Filename was either
everfrost_epic01_menagerie+everfrost.iop
-OR-
everfrost+everfrost_epic01_menagerie.iop
(Group zoned out prior to my being able to check the name, both these were listed as recently changed)

POI associated with this zone:
ITEM: 4 boxes, each containing either the scroll that allows you to open the door of the second room or a trap with mobs who attack: (-152, -24, -305); (-161, -24, -305); (-161, -24, -334);(-152, -24, -334)
ITEM: Book "Arcane Visions" (examine to open 2nd door) (-44, -24, -231)
NAMED: Sulon McMoor (-34, -24, -373)
ITEM: Book "Summoning, Vol XI" (examine to summon final named) (-35, -24, -373)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MM.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	2627  
Attached Files
File Type: xls MM.xls (36.5 KB, 231 views)
File Type: dds MM.dds (170.8 KB, 328 views)