EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-15-2010, 03:46 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Changing ProfitUI health/power bar?

Hello all

First, I am new to the game, and so trying to still get a feel for everything. I was hoping maybe someone can help me out here in adjusting some of the visuals. Incidentally, I was using EQ2 maps (and still am- wonderful godsend), and then uploaded the Profit UI. To start game, I click the EQ2 maps and it is set to use the ProfitUI.

Everything works great. My only issue is the health bars. I play a healer, so my eyes are constantly glued to them. I was never really fond of the metallic looks of buttons/icons on things, and so tried to find a way of editing them.

I loved the original health/power bars, and in the new UI, I love, love having the cures right there! The originals ones just seemed so much easier on my eyes.

Is there a way to make the health bars bigger? Or change the background/bright green combo to not have a gradient thus to eliminate the metallic look? The bright colors (which I think would be okay) but when mixed with white text, with the metallic look is just not getting along with my eyes ><

I have learned so much as I have been trying to find a solution the past couple of days. I became familiar with UI builder (still learning it) - there I only see a way to make the group member window larger, but not edit the actual bars (maybe I am not as far along with it as I should be).

I downloaded a dds image convert to maybe edit the image of the health bars, but did not see it (maybe I looked wrong).

I tried editing files inn .xml (profitUI/eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml) but for some reason, no changes are taking affect. For example, I tried changing the hex code background of group member's health bar (#00FF00 - bright green) to something else, save the file, but no change.

Either I am missing something simple or this is way beyond. If anyone can point me in the right direction or help me with an alternative, that would be great!

PS I did manage to play around with opacity on backgrounds and such, to eliminate the blue highlight background of the health/power bars and then change group window to black, but it is still not working as much are the original bars. I love everything else about Profit!!

Thank you!

Last edited by gm9 : 01-15-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: moved
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:20 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The health bars have the color you set in the game options, and in most windows you can turn the background image off in the window settings.