EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Map idea/proposal for program-website

Ok first off, I don't know where to post this or take this idea/proposal. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, but this is the most logical place that I could think to post this.

For the past few months, I've been thinking about collection nodes. I've noticed that in a lot of zones they seem to "spawn" in the same general areas. For instance, I always seem to find a lot in the checkboard room in Stormhold. Near the entrance to Wailing Caves, around the druid ring in The Commonlands.

That got me thinking about documenting the approximate locations of where I harvested them, and the possibility of plotting them on a map.

About a week ago, I was bored and was browsing through this folder and I've checked out a number of posts here. I stumbled upon the tutorials for making maps, the zonerect calculator, etc. From what I've seen, it doesn't seem like it would be too much trouble to plot the points on a map, given we know the dimensions of the map, and have the zonerect for the zone.

Now I'm not sure if anyone has done anything like this already, but it's got me thinking what would be needed to get something like this working.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, yea/nays would be appreciated.

Also programming advice would be helpful as well. I'm fairly competent in C++, and I'm trying to learn .NET. My school refuses to teach it, I guess the professors are too lazy to change over. I really know nothing about web-based programming, so if that would easier to do, suggestions over which language to use would be helpful too.

Now please don't take this as a definite confirmation that I'm going to work on something like this. It's just enough of an idea to sit down and spend 2-3 minutes typing out this quick idea, and ask for suggestion, comments, ideas.