EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Bugs

Unread 08-31-2024, 08:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default DarqUI Icon Bar Alias macro

It says that I can place macros to work from this window and it acts like another hotbar. I tried putting an Alias macro into it to be able to quickly select the target of my single target buff spells and it wouldn't work for alias macros. Here is an example of a macro I was trying to place in that window...

/Alias DoF:Useabilityonplayer %T Demonstration of Faith

Is there something wrong with the above macro or something else I need to do? Because when I put that on my regular hotbar I can select who I want Demonstration of Faith to go on and click that, then I have a second macro that is simply

/DoF

It will cast Demonstration of Faith on the chosen character every time without switching targets.

So, it's very handy when you are always in different groups to do this with your single target group buffs, and you don't want to constantly change the target name. It works on the regular hotbar but not on the icon bar.
Unread 08-31-2024, 10:29 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just a couple of things: The colon needs single-quotes around it since it's not a straight alphanumeric character, and %T needs to be changed to TNAME for the custom window. In the case of the colon, it's a better idea to enclose DoF:Useabilityonplayer in single-quotes since there is whitespace before and after. Also, no need to use the leading forward slash with the Icon Bar. So it would look like:

Code:
Alias 'DoF:Useabilityonplayer' TNAME Demonstration of Faith
Try that and it should work. I used it with Devious Evasion on my SK and it works fine.

Unread 08-31-2024, 10:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Just a couple of things: The colon needs single-quotes around it since it's not a straight alphanumeric character, and %T needs to be changed to TNAME for the custom window. In the case of the colon, it's a better idea to enclose DoF:Useabilityonplayer in single-quotes since there is whitespace before and after. Also, no need to use the leading forward slash with the Icon Bar. So it would look like:

Code:
Alias 'DoF:Useabilityonplayer' TNAME Demonstration of Faith
Try that and it should work. I used it with Devious Evasion on my SK and it works fine.

thanks, I'll try that Yup that worked thank you :-)

Last edited by JamesC : 08-31-2024 at 10:37 PM. Reason: adding information