EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 06-25-2009, 03:54 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Is this data XML?

All righty finally.. had to create a new account cause I couldnt post using my original one from 2 years ago. I don't know if this belongs in the Request Thread or some Help thread i didn't notice.

Anyway, I am tryign to create a program that compares one piece of loot to another piece so players who dont understand the mechanics of their class can make informed decisions on which pieces are better, or upgrades to tank gear as opposed to DPS, etc...

The problem I am running in to is stat caps. The code I have at the moment can compare +7 parry to +5 defense, but it can not account for current player skill. I want to be able to write some dynamic code that can read a player's current skills, attribures, and stats, and use my formulas to determine how much of a benefit any more of a certain stat is.

So my question is this. Is there a file on my PC that stores a players information? Or is there a way to get the data from the SoE servers?
Unread 06-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

No there is not a file on your PC that stores it. It should be all dynamic data so you could send it to your log and then parse it in some way, but theres no basic export.

Don't forget when comparing you have to take into account the diminishing returns curves as well =)