EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 02-04-2006, 11:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Updater will not start

Every time I try to launch the updater I get a flash of a gray bordered window with black text area in the middle. I only get a flash, far too fast to read anything that may be there, and in the fraction of a second it is up there doesn't seem to be any text in it. I read through most of the troubleshooting threads here and none of the suggestions with added config files or reinstalling dot Net helped at all. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling and still get same error as well.
Unread 02-07-2006, 12:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Does nobody have a clue what could be causing this? It's really frustrating to suddenly be unable to use the program at all.
Unread 02-07-2006, 12:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well an idea occured just as I was closing this window after my above post so I went into eq2map updater's folder and renamed it's config file with all the directory and option settings with a .old tagged to the end incase it wasn't the issue.

Thankfully it was. Would have been very nice if I got more of an error, and still not sure why the config was causing a problem, but it was, and the only error was that flash of a box as I mentioned. Now it's working fine.