EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 07-20-2005, 05:39 PM
A Fallen Diplomat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok
Default To all Tradeskill Window Modders

This is a little used feature that I would like to see in more tradeskill window mods. Easy to do but just not done.

As a crafter there are times when you do not want a pristine combine. To make it not pristine (like shaped for writs) you hit the STOP button. This will take you out of the Create Window and put you into the Build Window.

Now in the default and most of the modded tradeskill windows, you then have to MOVE THE MOUSE to the BEGIN button to start the combine again. This will put you back into the create window. You then have to MOVE THE MOUSE again to the START button, click start, and your back into crafting.

To save time, I mod all the modded Tradeskill windows I use and move the buttons around a bit so that you don't have to move the mouse, you just click 3 times.

There are 2 ways that are quick fixes to this problem. Doesn't matter wich you do, or if you do something else, as long as the Stop Begin and Start buttons are all on top of eachother.

Move the Start/Stop buttons to be over the begin button (below the part of the window that says what reaction you have to press) or move the begin button behind the Start/Stop buttons, you will have to move the fuel component info to somewhere else on the screen.

This little change saves a good 2 seconds on every combine that you are stopping short of pristine.

Thank you to any modders that take this change onboard. You can see an example here.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3893
I'm not a skilled modder so it is a bit, crude : )
Unread 07-20-2005, 05:42 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Or you can just use a TS window mod that ties the Begin, Stop and Repeat buttons to the "Enter" key, so you can ignore the mouse completely, and *really* speed up bulk crafting, no matter what quality level you're looking for.

-- Darryl
Unread 08-21-2005, 12:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

the idea with the enter key is just abit anoying since if you are sitting there wayting to get power back in the middle of an ebon combine and hit enter to chat with your guild you get going on the ebon piece with 30% power
Unread 08-21-2005, 02:33 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by frichsness
the idea with the enter key is just abit anoying....
I suppose it's a matter of what you're used to. I almost never hit "enter" to chat, preferring to use "/" instead, since the first thing I have to do when chatting is designate (with "/gu," "/t" or whatever) where the comment's going, anyway.

The whole reason my own TS window mod uses the "enter" key as it does is that I personally *hate* having to use the mouse at all when I'm crafting. So the whole issue of "lining up" the buttons is a huge "nonissue" to me.

-- Darryl

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 08-21-2005 at 02:35 AM.
Unread 08-21-2005, 03:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

I use a mod where Enter is begin/repeat, and Esc is cancel.