EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 07-01-2005, 07:02 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Lightbulb EQ2MapConverter 0.01 (non-release, just screen shot)

I'm working on a map conversion utility that handles step 1 better and supports other map formats (goodbye perl requirements). Also has waypoint converters and makes a seperate calculation for zonerect obsolete (goodbye Excel requirements). It's also a Win32 app (goodbye DOS proficiency requirements).I used it to re-create the sundered splitpaw den under different scaling so you have a 5% margin around the map and it works excellent.

It's not ready for release quite yet, but here's a screen shot of what works so far:

Unread 07-01-2005, 07:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Damn good work bud !

This should make it real easy for the 'layman' to compile the maps etc... /bow

Unread 07-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Very nice, I'm wondering how the zonerect can be calculated with out knowing the pixel location on the map you create in photoshop? Like take my maps... I resize them nicely to fit in the window and then use taco-mans calculator that has you enter 2 in game /locs and the corresponding pixel x,y to get a good zonerect.

http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php...pper%20Tunnels

http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php...%20of%20Jhanda

http://maps.eq2interface.com/map.php...st%20Level%202

etc.

Maybe if you had the program spit out a png with 2 dots + the map outline. Then when the map artist brings it into photoshop and resizes it nicely they can get the pixel x,y of those 2 dots and re-input that into your nice app to get a custom zonerect.

Last edited by Dolby : 07-01-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Unread 07-01-2005, 10:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere

ZoneRect is a calculation of the smallest possible area that all of the points in the map can fit on. This program uses a ZoneRect that's 5% bigger than that and tells you what to resize your image to so you don't have to do it yourself (i.e.: it leaves a margin so the edges of your map don't touch the border of the map image). If the ZoneRect is too large, you may want to consider splitting the map into multiple images, of course. That would be apparent either way.

With this program, the overall procedure looks like this now:

(1) get a map log of /loc's
(2) run it through this program
(3) open the created .svg in inkscape -- edit as desired
(4) export to image size given in this program (don't go the full 436 width)
(5) do your thing in adobe or photoshop with the template, shading, etc. to make it pretty, save as .dds
(6) upload .dds and the two (yes, two) zonerects the program gives you and you're done

If you want to make your own waypoints, the waypoint generator takes care of writing the code, you just need to plop it into the .xml exactly as it appears.

The two zonerects are used in code like this:

<ImageStyle Name="adv02_dun_sundered_splitpaw_hub" zonerect="GRID SIZE" availablerect="ZONE RECT">
<ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/maps/map_adv02_dun_sundered_splitpaw_hub.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506"/>
</ImageStyle>

This tells EQ2 to scale the map correctly so you don't walk to the borders.
Unread 07-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
ZoneRect is a calculation of the smallest possible area that all of the points in the map can fit on. This program uses a ZoneRect that's 5% bigger than that
Could that percentage be a variable that I could type in or select my own value? That way if I reduce the outline image by 10% in photoshop I can type that in.

btw cant wait to try out your program.