EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-07-2005, 06:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Cool Help needed

I am sure there is a post stating this issue but I don't have the time to sif thrue the threads to find it so here it is.

I am having trouble getting my Interface Pieces to work. I have done what what i read to do.

1) Download the interface you wish to use

2) Make a new folder with any name BUT with no spaces or special charaters (example: bobsui) in the UI folder that is inside your Everquest II directory.

3) Unzip the xml, dds, tga (dds,tga's must be in a images sub-folder) files into your newely created folder. Please make sure you dont have a folder inside of a folder when you do this. %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\jillsui\*.xml (wrong) | %\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\*.xml (correct)

4) If you are going to use multiple interface peices just unzip all of them into the same folder.

5) Go back to your Everquest II directory and create a new text file and put the following code inside of it:

Code:

cl_ui_skinname bobsui
cl_ui_subdir UI/

6) Save the file as eq2.ini (make sure you dont save it as eq2.txt or eq2.ini.txt)

7) Load up Everquest II and your new interface should be working.

I have even did this.

Code:

cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname bobsui

I have even went to lenght to copying all the files in the default folder and pasting them in my new folder and not over righting the files I had in there befor.

Every time I try to load this UI My name turns to Longestnameever The lvl in my exe bar goes from 26 to 50 I have like a litle black blok by name and my health bar stays at 4 red bulbles.

Then it goes back to normal my parts show up but then I am buged.. So I have to cmp out.

I hope some ones try to let me know what I am doing wrong i have been trying not to ask for help cause I know how to go by the How Too's
Unread 06-07-2005, 06:55 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

It sounds like you're using /loadui. Is that the case?

If so, don't. That's what causes the bugs.

Using the eq2.ini file should make the new UI pieces come up automatically when you run the game.

Make sure you have file extensions NOT hidden. (Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"), then double-check that eq2.ini is not eq2.ini.txt, and is located in the same directory as the everquest2.exe file that is being run. (Like if bought the French version but are playing on US servers, there would be a folder named LP_REGION_US or something like that.)
Unread 06-07-2005, 07:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well afther I did a few things changed a few things arround it works now.

Yes Deathbane all of that was done prior to my post and yes I was using /loadui /smack myself..

Thx tho