EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-25-2005, 08:49 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Laffs addons to BottomV8 / JyeJae / Perdition

Post here for feedback / bugs in my addons...

I have spent about 10 days testing this and waiting for the last update to see what it would break.. Before submiting them for download... so everything should be oks.

NOTE

Most of these addons will only work if you have "BottomV8" UI installed

When you first log into Eq2... You will find that the new casting window will probably be located to the left,middle of the screen this needs to be moved to sit ontop of the player window then in windows options "lock" the window..

The performance panel.... If you cant see it, It somtimes hides behind your experience window.... use "alt+x" to close that window.... You should now see the panel, drag it to the far right of the compass and "lock" it there... use "alt+x" to get your exp window back again.

Then you should not have any more trouble with them..

Unread 03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
A Griffon

I have found a couple of lines of code messed up in the player window so here is the fixed file..

Just drop it in the BottomV8 folder and overwrite the old one

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml (17.7 KB, 437 views)
Unread 03-25-2005, 05:37 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

How do you get rid of the duplicate casting bar? (the default one not yours)
Unread 03-25-2005, 07:56 PM
A Griffon

Whilst casting , if you click on the duplicate window and get the options up and set all the sliders to the far left then accept it will go away... same with the default breathing bar..

I can include versions of these files that will do this for you in a way.. but didnt want to as its an extra 2 files to go wrong with SoE updates lol .. Since its quite easy to hide them in the UI by doing what I said above...

If you want I can post the 2 files to do this.. but I would rather you try and do it this way first thanks
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:13 AM
A Griffon

Default Update

I have an update for download now HERE

The 2 main problems that people seem to be having is,

1. The new casting and performance panel windows either dont show or wont stick

2. And an odd one where you cant right click on anything

1 has been addresed at top of this thread

2 This seems to happen when you have had other UI's or pieces installed, The way round this is to,

1a. Make sure you have the "BottomV8" UI installed and all my addons are in that folder (and no extra mods, That could be causing the problem)

2a. Make sure you dont have the "Letterbox" enabled (you will find that in the display settings)

3a. If all the above is true, Then delete your "eq2_recent.ini" Then log into the game

4a. Failing that replace your "server name_your chars name_eq2_uisettings.ini" With the version found in the BottomV8 folder and rename it to whatever your server and you name is.

By the time you have got this far it has gotta be fixed now lol

If peeps continue to have problems with the above I will make a new "server name_your chars name_eq2_uisettings.ini" for use with my addons and make a blank default, casting and breath bar windows also so only my version is visable..

Thanks for using my addons, And all the positve feedback I have had in pm's reguarding these addons.... So far there has only been 4 people that I know of that have had the above problems, Hopefully this will help any others

Unread 03-26-2005, 06:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Laffs,

Thanks for your hard work on this. Hate to be one of the folks having problems with your add-on, but it looks like I am.

I have followed your instructions step-by-step and the casting bar and the custom settings bar always show up the first time everything is put in from scratch. I then put them in place and then lock them, but if I log off and then back on they are gone.

I have the default v8 of Bottom Steel Mod, I am using the renamed ini from that package, and then I install your files overwriting any in the custom UI folder but they just won't stay. I have even tried unlocking all windows and looking under all of them to see if they were just hiding, no luck.

Also, on a possibly related sidenote, the hotbars always seem to start on a different number than they should. I use hotbars 1,2,3, and 0 but everytime I log in they are all different everytime.

Let me know if you need any more information.
Unread 03-27-2005, 10:11 AM
A Griffon

Default Solved

There is a few things at the moment that seems to be down to wrong data getting sent down from SoE servers as I have found quite a few bugs with other stuff, One of those was the color of the the targets name once you targeted a green con mob after that every mobs name you targeted would show up as green in the target window!! ... I looked into this and found nothing wrong at all untill 2 small SoE updates later it is magicaly fixed !! Without me changing any code at all lol

*EDIT*

I now know exactly what the problem is with the windows not staying put when you camp out and log back in

Its the damn widescreen letterbox !!

You can fix this 2 ways

1. In game move my 2 windows to the middle of the screen and pull up the display settings and set the slider for the widescreen letterbox all the way to the left and uncheck the box to show the letterbox frame..... hit the accept button and reposition the 2 windows and /camp

OR

2. Look in your eq2_recent.ini and find

cl_letter_box_amount
letterbox_frame_visible

and set these to this

cl_letter_box_amount 0.000000
letterbox_frame_visible false

Sorted

Last edited by Laffs : 03-27-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Unread 03-28-2005, 10:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
There is a few things at the moment that seems to be down to wrong data getting sent down from SoE servers as I have found quite a few bugs with other stuff, One of those was the color of the the targets name once you targeted a green con mob after that every mobs name you targeted would show up as green in the target window!! ... I looked into this and found nothing wrong at all untill 2 small SoE updates later it is magicaly fixed !! Without me changing any code at all lol

*EDIT*

I now know exactly what the problem is with the windows not staying put when you camp out and log back in

Its the damn widescreen letterbox !!

You can fix this 2 ways

1. In game move my 2 windows to the middle of the screen and pull up the display settings and set the slider for the widescreen letterbox all the way to the left and uncheck the box to show the letterbox frame..... hit the accept button and reposition the 2 windows and /camp

OR

cl_letter_box_amount
letterbox_frame_visible

and set these to this

Sorted

I really really like the Bottom UI and Ive tried putting in your updates. But no matter what I do the new Casting/Performance windows do not reappear when I re-log. I can make the performance one re-appear using the macro but its in the top left of the screen and cannot be moved.

Ive done everything mentioned here but no luck including completely re-installing both Bottom and your files, erasing my UI settings files and using the one from Bottom, deleting the recent.ini files, etc.

Not sure what is going on.

Again thanks for keeping the UI alive and hopefully ill get this figured out soon
Unread 03-28-2005, 11:04 AM
A Griffon

Thanks...

cl_letter_box_amount
letterbox_frame_visible

and set these to this

Have you done that? if the value's are not there add them in...

I deleted everything as well to duplicate what would happen when putting this UI and the adons in for the first time... And yes I got all the problems mentioned and it was all down to the letterbox.

If you managed to get those 2 windows "stuck" after disabling the letterbox you will need to re-enable letterbox and move the 2 windows to the middle in game..... Rinse and repeat
Unread 03-28-2005, 12:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I did make those changes to the recent.ini file.

Im pretty sure I also did the moving the windows to the center when I started from scratch.

But I will give it all another whirl when I get home. Let me make sure I got the steps correct:

1) Remove current BottomV8 UI
2) Remove server_character_ui_settings file.
4) delte recent.ini file
4) Installe BottomV8 UI..
5) Intalle Laffs add-ons
6) copy 1280x1020 ui settings files provided in BottomV8 and rename it to my server_character
7) Log on
8) move Laffs casting and Perf panel windows to center of screen
9) set Letterbox so full screen is covered and turn off the border check box
10) log out and relog in.

Pretty sure thats what I did last time but when i relogged the windows were gone.

Thanks,
Unread 03-28-2005, 01:07 PM
A Griffon

I figure a better way to make sure this go's smooth is this.

4) delte recent.ini file

5) Log in game using the DEFAULT UI

6) set Letterbox to MIN and turn off the border check box hit ACCEPT button

7) zone out and camp (just to make dam sure it sticks)

8) Install BottomV8 UI.. Change eq2.ini to point to Bottomv8 again
9) Install Laffs add-ons
10) copy 1280x1020 ui settings files provided in BottomV8 and rename it to my server_character
11) Log on

12) move Laffs casting and Perf panel windows to there intended locations and "lock" them

13) log out and relog in.

Heh 13 steps that gotta be a omen 13 my fav number......

P.s please let me know if this works as it is the steps I have just used on the test server.

Last edited by Laffs : 03-28-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Unread 03-28-2005, 02:26 PM
A Sea Turtle

Errr... where are the addons? They are either gone or I cant seem to find them in the download area.
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I figure a better way to make sure this go's smooth is this.

4) delte recent.ini file

5) Log in game using the DEFAULT UI

6) set Letterbox to MIN and turn off the border check box hit ACCEPT button

7) zone out and camp (just to make dam sure it sticks)

8) Install BottomV8 UI.. Change eq2.ini to point to Bottomv8 again
9) Install Laffs add-ons
10) copy 1280x1020 ui settings files provided in BottomV8 and rename it to my server_character
11) Log on

12) move Laffs casting and Perf panel windows to there intended locations and "lock" them

13) log out and relog in.

Heh 13 steps that gotta be a omen 13 my fav number......

P.s please let me know if this works as it is the steps I have just used on the test server.

Well it didnt work. I followed these steps exactly...did it like 3 times just to make sure and everytime when I relog (hehe step 13) the windows are gone. I can still make the perf window come up using the macro but again its in the upper left corner and cannot be moved.

I guess the only thing i havent tried is:

Step 0: Re-format and re-install EQ2 =P
Unread 03-29-2005, 11:00 AM
A Griffon

All I can say is its weird

How the hell dont it stick when there is nothing left,

Quote:
Step 0: Re-format and re-install EQ2 =P
Prior to Step 0 go and buy a new hard drive just to make sure there is no way the old settings can show up lmao

Oks plan number 76934b

Post your eq2_recent.ini here I would like to take a look at it and I will repost it along with eq2ui.xml and eq2ui_mainhud.xml and a new server name_char name file...

There must be some other setting in place that is stopping this.
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
All I can say is its weird

How the hell dont it stick when there is nothing left,

Prior to Step 0 go and buy a new hard drive just to make sure there is no way the old settings can show up lmao

Oks plan number 76934b

Post your eq2_recent.ini here I would like to take a look at it and I will repost it along with eq2ui.xml and eq2ui_mainhud.xml and a new server name_char name file...

There must be some other setting in place that is stopping this.

Tried redoing everything once again last night but same results.

Ive attached a copy of my eq2_recent.ini

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2_recent.zip (754 Bytes, 335 views)
Unread 03-30-2005, 12:27 PM
A Griffon

Your recen.ini looks fine to me but I have edited the letterbox part in it (yes it was correct settings in there but)

I wiped everything char settings, recent.ini the bottomv8 folder everything to try this again.. And have put together a char settings file that works and will be including that in the addons and re write the instructions (again lol)

Wulfgarr,

Only you use the recent.ini file below (as its set for your system only as you know) And use the new chars settings file I have posted here also.. Everyone else can use the char settings file as well if they are having problems..

If you dont see my 2 windows when you log in press "alt+u" and this should be the only time you have to do this.

Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2_recent.zip (743 Bytes, 375 views)
File Type: zip server name_char name_eq2_uisettings.zip (1.1 KB, 328 views)
Unread 03-31-2005, 09:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Your recen.ini looks fine to me but I have edited the letterbox part in it (yes it was correct settings in there but)

I wiped everything char settings, recent.ini the bottomv8 folder everything to try this again.. And have put together a char settings file that works and will be including that in the addons and re write the instructions (again lol)

Wulfgarr,

Only you use the recent.ini file below (as its set for your system only as you know) And use the new chars settings file I have posted here also.. Everyone else can use the char settings file as well if they are having problems..

If you dont see my 2 windows when you log in press "alt+u" and this should be the only time you have to do this.

Well things are better at least. At least now all I have to do is alt + u everytime I log on which isnt really that big a deal

Thanks...
Unread 03-31-2005, 11:23 AM
A Griffon

I still find it strange that you have to alt + u everytime you log in I had to do it once and that was all......

I am going to experiment with this more using a new plain window and load it using the compass as in this UI the compass is not tied in with any other windows so should be quick and easy to keep playing with the code..

But I have a fealing it will work on my system anyway, So Wulfgarr in next few days when I get round to this would you be good enough to test it for me on your system please? (dont worry it wont involve deleting anymore settings files lol)

Thanks.

*EDIT*

Nvm...
I have done loads of changes and tests .. and have found somthing well strange about what window types get loaded up and stick, But thats another story.......

For some reason it is not the recent.ini or the chars settings that make my 2 windows stick / show up, The info is contained in my UI addons to start with But it all seems linked to somthing that I have in the BottomV8 folder that makes it all work all the time I didnt have to hit "alt+u" once and I had deleted recent ini , char settings etc (and loads of other stuff also)

But for the life of me I can not find where / how eq2 is putting this info into my BottomV8 folder... That is the only thing that is consistant even if I delete all the settings the windows are messed up but mine still show lol

Anyway, best way round this is to include the BottomV8 UI in with my Addons as a compleat package, Its the only thing that seems to work properly.

Updates to the Normal BottomV8 will not include my junk.... When it needs unpdating again... (so dont panic guys lol)

But to avoid some confusion maybe, I should submit a version of this as a compleat UI that includes my stuff / junk for download....

Whats you guys thoughts?

Oh and if you understand any of this go to the top of the class with full marks lol

Last edited by Laffs : 03-31-2005 at 07:53 PM.