EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 09-01-2008, 01:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Shinies / Collectibles

The problem with shinies is that there are too many collections and it's hard to know where they are from and where you should seek them unless you're very familiar with the game or you can look them up constantly.

Is there any way to have a map overlay that says something akin to "This region spawns Weathered bone fragments, spotted moths, etc"?

Ideally it would be great to have a percentile chance per shiny that drops in a zone. For example, looking at Darklight Woods, it might say "Plain black moth 30%, Spotted Tan Moth 8%, Striped Tan Moth 1%" or something like that.

Technically there are also specific and predictable spawn points for shinies. I don't know if it's a good idea to pinpoint them; I am neutral to this, as it would help players but it would also encourage hardcore farmers.

Then, as an Infocenter update (I am downloading the new DrumsUI Infocenter as we speak, so forgive me if this is already in there) it would be cool if it listed the rewards for the collections.

If any of this has been made, could someone please point me in that direction?

Thank you!
Unread 09-01-2008, 01:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

There's a bit of collection information found in the Quest tab, but not nearly as much as you would probably like.

There is a bit of information missing, such as RoK shinies, rewards, and more listed locations such as zones.
I just haven't had the time to finish the information started, or expand on the information available.

Seems quite the under taking if you ask me, so... my advice is start throwing information together, and find others willing as well
Unread 09-01-2008, 06:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I might be able to put some information together as I go along. I love the collections and have gathered many already, so I am familiar with where some of the spawn points are, and a rough idea of the percentage of drops in a zone for some of the common collectibles...

I've only been playing this game for about 6 weeks, so I'm doing a ton of exploring and I might as well record some of the information as I go along. But as for putting that info in an add-on... I'd have to research that.

Ok, I'll start collecting info and then I will probably post again in a week or so and see if I have enough to get started on some kind of rudimentary add-on.

Thanks for the advice!
Unread 09-01-2008, 06:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Sounds good. If you want the information included in the Info Center, just let me know. You don't have to worry about any coding to add it in, as I can do that part.

If you feel certain information should be split apart differently, or in a certain way, just go with what you feel. You can either split it up in text files, or just compile it all together. I'm sure you'll come up with some kind of "structure", and after that we'll go from there.
Unread 09-02-2008, 10:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Collection Info

As a die hard collector, I can point you to a couple good resources:

there is a fantastic collection reference on the official boards in the "Quests" forum - its constantly updated and can be downloaded in Excel format.

you can find it here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=347456

also here on the EQ2i wiki page:

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Collection_Quests

I've had a half - built mod specifically for collection tracking on my hard drive for a long time, but it currently wont work due to SOE limitations... I keep hoping they will add the functionality to make it work someday....

hope this helps - good luck hunting those shinies !