EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Dot timer

so i browsed through the forums and through the downloads and couldnt come up with any answer. however it has been a long day so i could have just been blind. i used to play wow and had a dot timer that would show me bars of all the dots i currently had on a target as well as a bar that counted down and got smaller as the dot was wearing off. i know we have the maintained spells window that shows this but i have a hard time with that since you have to browse through every spell there. is there a dot timer currently available or is it possible to make a mod like this if there isnt currently one? would greatly help as i play a coercer and never can seem to find how long until mezz wears off. thanks in advance!!

If god had intended for me to bend over he'd have put diamonds on the floor.

Last edited by sjs47855 : 07-31-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: spelling =)
Unread 08-01-2008, 01:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I know this is part of Profit. You could download that. If you're looking for a standalone, try Seagoats Spells
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

not quite what i was looking for. both of those contain the maintained spells. i only want my dots or hots dispalyed. an addon like this

http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/3260/

which is for wow. anybody know of anything like this?

Unread 08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Nothing to my knowledge exist like that but it can be done, in my opinion. Why though when you have the maintained window.
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:39 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

What can be done (pretty easily) is an additional maintained window which displays only those spells with timers - of course this covers more than HoTs and DoTs, e.g. your horse, but this is what we could do. I'd have to agree on the why? though, because those spells will be at the bottom or your maintained window anyway, just scroll the others out of the way (at least in ProfitUI, the DefaultUI is no longer scrollable).
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

basically the reasoning i would like for this is because it is easier for me to be able to have a small bar or something like to pop up after i cast say chain, or mezz or a dot to know when it will be running out. i understand we have this available in the maintained window however on my warlock i have lots of buffs that i place on people so its hard for me if in in a raid or group and have to react fast to be able to read through everything. sometimes if im casting away and my chain breaks i dont notice until the mob runs over and almost one shots me. i just think it would be a handy thing for some people to be able to have it clearly state just the dots, hots, etc they have on a mob. and to not have to worry that maybe they looked at a short term buff they had on a person instead of a mob.

ps. the addon i have listed from wow also allows a person that lets say has chain or charm on a target to shift click on the dot timer and it will say as a macro type thing in your chat how long that spell is going to last on a mob. which is very handy also. not sure if that could be added as i had read nothing like that is allowed.

Last edited by sjs47855 : 08-01-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Unread 08-01-2008, 04:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

What you want would require a database of all spells you want to see on that window, and then the window would need to compare the maintained spell name against this database and hide the icon if there is no match. It would also have to check the target of the maintained spell and compare it to the members of your group and your raid, and if there is a match, hide the icon.

So in theory it's doable. Maybe someone will create that for you (I won't).

PS: I have no clue why you would want to spam chat with the duration of your maintained spells but that could be done as well, and unless I'm missing something that would be allowed in view of the EULA.
Unread 08-01-2008, 04:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

ok so basically its possible but not out there yet. as for the spamming chat with my spells its not quite like that. it doesnt do it on its own. you physically had to shift click the bar that had the timer on and it would say (example) fear will wear off in 12 sec. so that if in an instance you feared a mob for crowd control, you could link that in group chat so that the tank would know how long he had to pick the mob up again.

Unread 08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

ah ok. the clicky thing is possible as well, no problem.
Unread 08-01-2008, 04:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

well if anybody is interested in making a thing such as this please let me know. i know of quite a few people that would love an addon such as this.

Unread 08-01-2008, 06:11 PM
A Griffon

Start learning how to do it. The UI code is not very hard but what you want would take some time to make, I doubt anyone would make it for you.
Unread 08-01-2008, 06:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

i was hoping somebody would want to do it that knows how to work with the codes and whatnot already. its just like buying clothes from the store, you could do it yourself if you were to learn how to. this sort of thing does not interest me, and after reading into what it takes i think it would more frustrate me than anything to try and learn. hence why i was hoping maybe some kind (extremely bored soul) would take on the task. im quite expecting for nobody to respond to me on creating this but i might as well ask first right?

Unread 08-01-2008, 07:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejima View Post
Start learning how to do it. The UI code is not very hard but what you want would take some time to make, I doubt anyone would make it for you.

Hey no need to be rude
, why dont you learn how to be a carpenter, computer programmer, dentist, surgeon, so on and so on, people have skills in all different areas, so saying "go learn it" is a very abnoxious and rude thing to say, sjs4785 has every right to look for a modder to write a UI! So maybe you could help sjs4785 by looking for a modder instead of criticizing?
Unread 08-01-2008, 10:25 PM
A Griffon

I wasn't being rude at all I was being realistic. Taking on a project that size, I DOUBT anyone would want to do it out of the goodness of their heart. There is a lot of work involved to make that.

The only way what I said could be considered rude is the tone of my voice, which you can't hear.
Unread 08-02-2008, 04:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

This is the requests forum, the whole point is for people to make requests, sometimes they are met immediately, sometimes much later, sometimes never at all. Can't hurt to ask. Of course we also welcome all people taking up modding themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejima View Post
I wasn't being rude at all I was being realistic. Taking on a project that size, I DOUBT anyone would want to do it out of the goodness of their heart. There is a lot of work involved to make that.
That pretty much goes for all mods here, they all are a lot of work (to varying degrees) and are being done from the goodness of ours hearts. Since there's quite a lot of mods on here, I'd say the chances of something being done are not so unrealistic if people think it is a useful mod.
Unread 08-02-2008, 03:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes, from what you have told me this mod would take lots of work and time. which unfortunately i do not have. that and patience to learn and do it myself. just hoping some kind soul will read this and take pity on me =) . until that happens i will just go without as i really do not want to try to create a mod. i know how many bugs and how much testing goes into these types of things. and as it would be me learning how to do it from scratch it would be double the fun lol. so until the day where i either have the uber patience to try it, or somebody decides they too would like this mod and they create it, i will go without.

thanks again for all your answers though!!