EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-16-2008, 02:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Project: Translating ProfitUI to French

Hello,

I'm not sure if i'm on the right place and section to post this but i'd love helping in making a translation of the ProfitUI in french.

Since i'm new to this kind of work if you have links / explanation and of course, if you're interested on having a translation in french, i'll be more than glad to offer any help possible.

Regards,

Ukyuu.
Unread 06-16-2008, 03:07 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Est-ce que tu veux traduire l'interface propre (bcp de l'interface devrais déjà se faire auto-traduire par le jeu) ou juste les favoris pour le marché ?

Pour l'interface ce n'est pas totalement trivial parce que les mots en Français sont souvent plus long que les mots en Anglais alors il faudrait adapter le placement des éléments des fentêtres.
Unread 06-16-2008, 06:35 AM
A Brown Bear

Je veux bien faire l'interface au complet vu que je suis assez disponible. Je n'ai pas de connaissances particulières sur les méthodes par contre... Est-ce qu'il faut des logiciels précis ? Le bloc-note peut-il suffire ?

J'aime les projets complèts, faire juste les favoris me laisserais un arrière-goût de "Je n'ai pas encore tout fini". Et s'il faut adapter à la taille de la fenêtre, il est vrai que ce serait mieux de trouver des mots adaptés à la taille gardant le sens tout de même.

C'est un défi remarquable et intéressant que je me sent prêtre à affronter et je serais ravie de contribuer à le relever.

Pour ce qui est de l'orthographe j'ai une amie correctrice qui pourra passer derrière moi pour me dire "andouille, c'est quoi cette faute là?!" et elle ne s'en privera pas.

Kyu Kyu !
Unread 06-16-2008, 07:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, ce serait un grand projet alors. C'est faisable en bloc-note, mais je pense que se serait plus facile de le faire dans "UIbuilder", le logiciel fourni par SOE pour éditer l'interface. Le logiciel se trouve déjà dans le repertoire "Everquest II", nommé "uibuilder.zip". Pour éditer ProfitUI il faudrait copier le fichier "eq2ui.xml" de \UI\Default dans \UI\ProfitUI et après ouvrir ce fichier avec UIbuilder. Maintenant c'est possible de éditer chaque fenêtre de ProfitUI. Pour la traduction, il faudrait just traduir les éléments "Text" et "Tooltip". S'il y a dans ces éléments déjà un code du genre ":1c2e370820188a52:" cela veux dire que cet élément va être auto-traduit par le jeu de toute façon (mais c'est possible d'enlever la traduction automatique et de mettre un autre traduction possiblement plus courte.
Unread 06-16-2008, 07:38 AM
A Brown Bear

D'accord...

J'avais déjà regardé UIbuilder un jour (par pure curiosité) j'avais pas vraiment compris comment m'en servir.

Y'a pas moyen de lui demander une liste de mots / contextes dans un fichier texte ? Il peut pas me la sortir je suppose ?

Je vais revoir tout ca cet après-midi à tête reposée.
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:39 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Malheureusement pas, il n'y a pas de liste de mots.

Last edited by gm9 : 06-16-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Unread 06-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Hate you both for making me translate all that..
Unread 06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Hate you both for making me translate all that..
Don't be so nosy. Of course I answered in French just to raise your interest.
Unread 06-17-2008, 03:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Don't be so nosy. Of course I answered in French just to raise your interest.
I somehow feel sorry for him... you made him translate all our discussion ? Wasn't it hard on him ?

/me thinks that gm9 is evil against his mate !
/me also thinks that Landiim shouldn't hate her since she didn't knew he was a slave translation for gm9 !

Anyway, the place where i should put the translation is it "local text" ?

PS : By the way why isn't Storms listed on the servers in the list of this forum ?

Last edited by Ukyuu : 06-17-2008 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Thought of add a little question !
Unread 06-17-2008, 03:17 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I didn't make him translate anything, he's just too curious for his own good.

And don't translate the "Local Text", just ignore that field, only translate the "Text" (and potentially "Tooltip" - again, NOT "Local Tooltip").
Unread 06-17-2008, 03:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Okay Okay !

I'm on it now.

There's a little thing that puzzle me a bit : why does some files are in zip ? Do i have to unzip them for making them works ?

And where there is a listbox how do i access the interior of the list to translate it ?

Kyuuu ~~~~~~
Unread 06-17-2008, 03:39 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The .zip files are alternate window variants, e.g. there is a chat window with tabs on top and one with tabs on the bottom. So if you want to do them all you need to put the file you just edited into its corresponding .zip (there is also a .zip for the default variant already) and then extract each of the variants and do it again.

Regarding the listboxes I do not think there are any that need translating. For example those on the market window are already translated by the game client. If you can think of a window where a list is not translated let me know and I'll let you know specifically what you need to translate.

PS: Just in case: UIbuilder shows all files that are part of the UI, i.e. also those which are not comprised in ProfitUI. Not much point in translating those. Only those that are actually stored in the ProfitUI folder need translations.
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:04 AM
A Brown Bear

Ok this explain why I had the feeling that i couldn't get where some of the text were going to be placed in the end.

:3129920a090110c3:EU PVP Server Merger Notice <= Like this for example.

So unless I clearly know that the translation is wrong / too long, i let the auto-translated text.

I'll simply translate anything not auto-translated and anything I'm sure that isn't translated on my screen when I play (since I play in french interface and often say "Those lazy ones, isn't it obvious that the translation should be XXXXXX" ! or "Can't they see that this isn't the right translation for "X" ?! ).

One of the best examples of Sonny's good translators joke are in Faydwer :

Fantassin Brisos becames "Foot's Jack Brisos" in (yes like the male maids in royal courts). It gives me a funny visual in my minds everytime I read this but I can't help getting irritated when they do such mistakes !

By the way translating an interface is very fun and i'm having a happy time here.

Note : You'll have to excuse me for my english, it shouldn't be the worse you've seen but not the greater too but I put my best effort to speak clearly so everyone can understand it. Just make me write again anything you can't understand in whay I say.

Last edited by Ukyuu : 06-17-2008 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Too much said, so few interresting...
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Your English looks good from my end, and can't be worse than my French anyway. But what do I know, I'm just a German, hehe.
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Hum, i've never done some of the character and i can't find any website that speaks of the skills of the class i miss... That will be a damn problem so i'm going to do a loooooooot of researchs about those missing informations since i can't possibly level up a character for every single class !
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:55 AM
A Brown Bear

Since Mellée is Corps à Corps (well, Mellée is also a french word...) I wonder if it wouldn't be shorter and faster to call it "CAC" in short...
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:07 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukyuu View Post
Since Mellée is Corps à Corps (well, Mellée is also a french word...) I wonder if it wouldn't be shorter and faster to call it "CAC" in short...
Sound good, you can put the long version in the tooltip. But wait until you translate the bottom bar. There is a new unreleased version, you might as well translate that one, I'll try to get it posted for you tonight if I get to it.
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:33 AM
A Brown Bear

I've already done watherver didn't need research and could be translated on the spot, but since i'm not somewhere i can test it ongame I'm searching a friend that have access to the game to have a feedback.
Unread 06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Well, the two people i asked to help had to completely redo everything after puting on the "translated" version... I'm a bit curious about what is going on. I put the . rar of the current translation, if you find anything i did wrong, would you be kind enough to enlight me about it ?

Kyu Kyu.

The file can be taken here :

http://assogiciel.serveftp.net
user : OLN
Login : profitui

Last edited by Ukyuu : 06-17-2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Attaching the file !
Unread 06-30-2008, 08:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Hum, I translated most of the obvious stuff in the files i put on the ftp, but I'm struck because it doesn't want to get at the right place and turn upside-down every single thing on my screen.
So would it be possible for you to look at the files and tell me what's wrong so i can fix it before continuing ?

Gretings from here, Ukyuu / Shisuna.
Unread 06-30-2008, 08:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Can you just upload it as a .zip to this thread? I tried to get it from that server you linked but it's either down or otherwise unreachable to me ("no route to host").
Unread 07-06-2008, 02:22 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi all, there's an error in the link:
ftp://assogiciel.serveftp.net
Unread 07-06-2008, 08:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes I had tried that as well, however I can't reach that host regardless of the protocol used, OP will have to post it here (or upload somewhere else).