EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 05-09-2008, 08:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost
Default Sales Log Printout - Possible?

Is it at all possible to have a mod that will print out your sales for a period of time or even after clicking the broker just for the current session? I often have to write out pages and pages of sales and this would be sooo much easier.

I could negotiate paying plat for this on perma :-)
Unread 05-09-2008, 08:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, so nobody told you that all your sales are written to a storelog file?

I can also recommend http://www.kodansoftware.com/ for a nice storelog analyzer.
Unread 05-09-2008, 09:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the quick response ... I am aware of the log but it is next to useless MAINLY because it is not in chronological order.

Eg:

05/01/2008 03:48 AM Copoward bought 1 Underbrush (Adept III) for 2p, 50g
04/30/2008 02:10 AM Abakel bought 1 Hibernation (Adept III) for 1p
05/01/2008 09:52 AM Fiercetiger bought 1 Hibernation (Adept III) for 1p

And this renders it virtually usless for me :-( Plus I am lazy and it is a major pain in the butt. So the question still remains, can someone create this?

I tried to follow that link to http://www.kodansoftware.com/ and it is not working. I just get This page is parked free, courtesy of GoDaddy.com and all the usual junk.
Unread 05-10-2008, 07:51 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It's not chronological either when you see it in game, but you could drop it into a spreadsheet program to sort it if that's a big deal.

You're right the link is dead. I still have a copy of the software but I'm not sure what license it came with, i.e. if I can repost it here. The author was Runnyeye.Kodan, not sure if he is still around, you can try to contact him.
Unread 05-10-2008, 08:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I know about the pasting into a spreadsheet, but if you saw the amount of sales I have to do ... and the fact that this needs to be done at least daily it is just too much of a pain to be copy pasting all the time.

I just want to be able to print out my current session of sales - FROM the game - is this possible?
Unread 05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I don't think that it possible to print out our current sales from in game, so gm9 suggestion about a spreadsheet is probably the best way to go. Most spreadsheet programs allow you import external data sources. I know in excel you can just click on Data, Import External Data, Import Data then select the store log you want to see. It then give you a little wizard that walk you through that breaks up the lines of text into columns. From there you can sort it however you want.
Unread 05-10-2008, 12:15 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As I said, it's in the same order and format in game as it's in the log, so that does not help you. And sessions are still chronological in the log, so if you do it daily the log should be fine for you unless you need it chronological by time as well.
Unread 05-10-2008, 10:03 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

you could try using EQ2 Log Cleaner.

all you have to do is type /log in game and make sure your log is on (it will say logging to logs/server/eq2log_charname.txt is *ON or *OFF*), pick the log file, set an output file (usually on your desktop but wherever you want) set the date ranges you want, check the box for sales. See the attached pic for more info
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logcleanerdemo.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	6422  
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Oooh, that sounds interesting! I will look into it soon-ish (too many new weapons to be made now haha) and get back to you!

Unread 05-13-2008, 11:14 PM
A Griffawn

you're welcome If you need any help while setting this stuff up, feel free to contact me at permafrost.xndienx
Unread 06-15-2008, 01:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Using Excel and server_toonname_eq2_storelog.txt

Hey All,

I too followed the link to no avail.

I currently use Microsoft Excel to import the sales from all of the stores that I maintain. I do not sort them by date as much as I sort them by whatever sold. Isn't it possible to sort the sales by date since it is one of the fields you import? I will try next time.

I maintain a LOT of stores as well, and have 80 crafters duplicated, and way the heck too much time on my hands. Just some thoughts on some of the tricks I do:

1. Importing the sales log of toon X into excel will duplicate information if you do not delete the storelog file after you import. I learned this the hard way duplicating a lot of unnecessary things.

2. I keep a separate sheet for each crafter, Armorer, Carpenter, etc, and cut and paste the imported data from the main sheet to the appropriate crafter. Then I log that crafter and remake whatever is selling well and profitably. This requires that you know that a "smoldering intellectual backing" is made by a Jeweler, but you sound like me, on top of your crafting game.

3. Backup said excel file. A lot. No more than that. Use lots of different hard drives and cds and removable media. hehe

If anybody has any suggestions or maybe kodansoftware's program moved somewhere, please let me know I would like to take a look at it.

Remember to break or the carpal tunnel will get worse!

Ret
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Nice to hear from a fellow hardcore crafter/seller Reticence :-)

I now have the eq2 log cleaner install and I do quite like it ... however as far as my selling goes I still find it to be too much of a hassle and have gone back to my pen and paper list (I keep an eq2 sales book beside my monitor).

I have however, begun creating excel lists with every single item that I sell listed and a series of checkboxes. So now at the end of the week or fortnight (depending on sales) I can sort the items in my broker boxes alphabetically, and check against my list to make sure I have not missed anything.

And yes, I looove my coffee so regular breaks aren't too much of an issue ;-)

Thanks everybody for the suggestions and info
Unread 06-20-2008, 08:24 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia
Default Someone posted a link to the Kodan parser

I found this on the EQ2Players forums. Scroll down you will see the link to the Storelog Parser by Kodan. Post by Ripchi.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=347090
Unread 06-20-2008, 02:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Now that's cool.
Unread 10-20-2008, 10:07 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Runnyeye

Hi.

I'm a long time friend of kodan, ill speak to him tonight and ask him to check out this thread and make a response.

Im not sure what the current situation is regarding his website, or the software once hosted there, once upon a time or if indeed it will ever return.

If, for whatever reason, he cannot respond here, i will make a post back here on his behalf.

myself, kodan and others are engrossed in other games at the moment, and our accounts and characters for eq2 are currently hibernating for the time being.

who knows, one day....

thanks

*edit*
(btw i know this is an old thread, dont mean to necro old threads.)

Last edited by lurka : 10-20-2008 at 10:12 AM.