EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 03-12-2008, 06:49 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default two questions

1. How do I change the targets window frame size? Currently I am using a vanguard targeting gauge in profitui, It seems to be using profitui's old frame size instead of the vanguard frame size. When I try and adjust it in game the horizontal adjustment works fine but the vertical keeps reseting itself everytime I select a new target or take any sort of action such as fighting. Currently the vertical is so big I could fit 2 target gauges in it. I want to put the gauge near my hotbutton bars but in it's current state it blocks me from clicking some of the buttons.

2. Is there a way to have a different custom UI for each character or are they forced to all share the same one?
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:24 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

1. The resizing is hardcoded an I never really understood all the details of it. In ProfitUI the MaximumSize setting is used to keep the window size in check.

2. Only if you and reconfigure your eq2.ini and restart the client before switching characters. While there is /loadui to change UIs on the fly, it has several issues and I do not recommend using it.
Unread 03-12-2008, 09:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Ok, seem's I always want the difficult stuff lol. How about makeing the current profitui gauges that are all lined up self>target>implied much fatter like 20pixels instead of 6? I was able to change their size earlier but no idea how to get them relocated so their not on top of each other, plus the background didn't resize with the gauges obviously. Not sure how to do the background stuff since all the image files were converted to what dds I think it was?

Wonder why they made the UI for every toon instead of haveing a UI.ini file for each toon like in eq1...

oh ya and is there a way to make the gauges in the grp window horizontal instead of vertical? I tried to resize it like the default ui to get it that way but the grp window seems to be locked in the vertical setting.

Last edited by Maginus : 03-12-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Unread 03-13-2008, 03:05 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

ProfitUI includes two horizontal group window variants already.

In UIbuilder you can resize and relocate all window elements rather easily. For things like the bar's background images you will need to go to the respective style in ProfitUI_Styles and make it stretch and shrink vertically, currently that is locked.
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Where might I find these two horizonttal grp variants you speek of?