EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 06-03-2006, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Making a multi-floor map

I am trying to make a map of a dungeon that has multiple floors. I have followed the tutorial directions and have created an image in inkscape, but it is hard to read because all levels are shown at once. This sone doesn't work like stormhold or similar zones which have distinct floors, but rather goes up and down, winding back and forth.

To create a readable map will I need to create seperate logs for each level? I can use the excel zonerect thing to filter data by elevation, but I haven't figured out how to convert that through mapper.xml yet, I've only been successful using the actual log.txt.
Unread 06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

If you use the Mapper 2.0 (in the Utilities section of the Downloads), you have the option to split the map based on the height value. That will group lines together to make it easy to delete one set or another. Inkscape also offers some rudimentry Layers support. I tipically use the split feature of Mapper 2.0 and then raise/lower the sections into layers.

This does have the advantage of allowing you to make maps that line up, so long as you keep the seperate top/bottom images centered when you shink 'em down for the photoshopping.
Unread 06-06-2006, 12:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Sweet, this is what I was looking for. Heading back in to create the log I need to make everything work (I pretty much made two continuous lines spanning from -90 to +60 elevation, Doh!).
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:53 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

It's not too hard to split up lines in the log file. Just look at the elevation track and add a " start new map line" entry manually (note the space). If you don't want to lose a point, copy the last /loc from before where you put the new map line and paste it after the break.

But, yeah, experience makes it easier to know how and when to break your lines for multi-line maps.

You can also use the color and group emotes to make your life easier.