EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 05-04-2006, 07:41 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Waypoint Wisp

If I have the EQ2 MAP displayed in my game, I can type in waypoints to a NPC, location, etc. and the yellow waypoint wisp is displayed. However, when I minimize the map (so I can see better) the yellow waypoint wisp disappears. Note: I minimize the map and do not close it by clicking the "X" but the wisp will still disappear...

What do I need to do? If I leave the map maximized, I can see the flashing dot on the map and the wisp is also on the game scrren - it's just the map (when displayed) takes up so much of the game HUD.

Last edited by john77571 : 05-04-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Unread 06-10-2006, 11:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest
Default Disappointed with EQ2Mapper

This problem has existed for a long while now. I think the creators of the software have given up trying to fix it. Kind of disappointing.

I think we're stuck with this flaw.
Unread 06-10-2006, 05:57 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

could you drag the map so it is mostly off screen? Not an ideal solution but at least it clears a bit of screen space, just means you have to drag it back when you need to look at it again
Unread 06-10-2006, 07:19 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

You can close the map by pressing the M key (default mapping) and it won't effect the wisp trail.

However, After a wisp trail is formed (from /waypoint or clicking an icon)clicking anywhere on the map window causes the trail to disappear. I've picked the xml apart trying to figure out this bug. AFAIK it's not something the EQ2Map team can fix.
Unread 06-10-2006, 08:49 PM
A Griffon

Talyns:

I know I should probably just try it myself, but could you add a hidden page to the map window (call it minimize) that has an onshow that triggers the press event for the actual minimize button?

Then minimizing the map could at least be macroed with /show_window MainHUD.Map.Minimize - or does that also break the trail? Not sure that would be more useful than just hiding the map with 'M' and showing it when you need it again. But the thought just popped in my head before the objection.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 06-10-2006, 10:24 PM
A Griffon

That's a good Idea, it would most likely work perfect. But,
I think I figured out whats going on with eq2map and will see If I can fix it
Unread 06-17-2006, 05:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to come off as being disappointed in you; just with the bug marring such a fantastic program. Thanks for even creating it in the first place.

I'm not sure why, but the first computer I installed EQ2MAP on works perfectly (no wisp bug). It was definitely an earlier revision of EQ2MAP. My other 3 computers, however, that have a later revision of EQ2MAP have the bug.

That's probably no help, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case.

-Zan