EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 08-07-2024, 06:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Exclamation Icon bar icons disappeared

I use Darqui. Have the spells in your icon bar disappeared? Mine have - on all my toons. I need to replace them on all of my toons. I use the icon bar for the buffs and since I play mostly healers, I have a lot of work to do now. Anyone know why (how) this happened? Is there a quick way to recover ?? I just logged in to a toon I replaced them on and they are gone again. Am I doing something wrong??? When I look in the utility, the spells are there. I hit autosave, then logged to desktop. When I logged back on - my icon bar is still empty in game. When I look at the icon bar in the utility, the spells are there. I hit autosave and logged out of the game. Logged back in and the icon bar in game was still empty.

Last edited by dblair : 08-08-2024 at 05:48 AM. Reason: adding info
Unread 08-08-2024, 07:32 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The quickest way to recover your Icon Bar settings is to choose the correct server type in the DarqUI utility and reset your files. Resetting your files will load your DarqUI settings from the correct folder.

If you're playing on a Live server (not Anashti Sul), open the utility to the Settings page. Down near the bottom make sure the dropdown says Live Test or Beta, then click the Reset files button even if the dropdown already shows the correct server type. Restart the game and your settings should appear again and save correctly.

Similarly, if you're playing on the Anashti Sul server choose Origins from the dropdown and click Reset files even if the dropdown already shows the correct server type. Restart the game and your settings should appear again and save correctly.

Unread 08-20-2024, 08:07 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default I tried this

I did this and it was great. My icon bars all reappeared. BUT...now they have disappeared again and I reset the same way but it is not working now. I totally log out of the game, then open the utility and re-set to live server then go back into the game and the spells are not in the icon bar. What else can I do??? I do play on both servers and make sure I do switch when changing. On many of my 125 level toons I really need those extra spots. Thanks for any help.
Unread 08-21-2024, 05:52 PM
A Griffon

Are you playing on Anashti Sul and other (Live) servers using the same game installation folder?

Unread 08-22-2024, 05:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
Are you playing on Anashti Sul and other (Live) servers using the same game installation folder?

I do play on Origins and Maj Dul. And I change the server type when I switch. I use the darqui utility settings to do this.
Unread 08-23-2024, 05:54 AM
A Griffon

Playing both server types from one game installation is not optimal, but as long as you are changing the server type dropdown and clicking Reset files prior to starting up the game, you are doing everything correctly to load the right DarqUI settings.
Unread 08-23-2024, 07:46 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Doing everything right

Quote:
Playing both server types from one game installation is not optimal, but as long as you are changing the server type dropdown and clicking Reset files prior to starting up the game, you are doing everything correctly to load the right DarqUI settings.
So, if I am doing everything correctly why isn't it working? If I uninstall DarqUI and reload, will that help? I suppose I would need to reconfigure all my toons? (I have way too many - over 60 - I have been playing over 20 years) Can I actually download another game installation and use one for each server type?? Can I use the second installation on my existing account??
thanks for answering!

Last edited by dblair : 08-23-2024 at 07:49 AM.
Unread 08-24-2024, 08:16 AM
A Griffon

It's a little bit more trouble to run twin installations, but doing so will prevent issues like this once you have it set up.

DarqUI settings are saved in either the \POI\ folder for Live servers or the \POI_Origins\ folder for Anashti Sul. When you use the Reset files button the utility is editing all of the custom UI components to point to the correct location for loading and saving your settings. That's why it has to be done before you start the game. If your DarqUI settings don't appear when you log in, it almost certainly means they are in the other POI folder and can't be "seen" in the current session.

With two separate game folders you don't have to reset anything when you play. After you have initially selected the Live server type in the utility for your main installation, settings for your 60+ characters should appear correctly from that point forward. Setting Origins as the server type for the second installation will permanently associate those game files with your Anashti Sul characters.

The easiest way to create a second installation is to copy/paste your current game folder. Take a look at this link for some more information. As an example, my desktop shortcuts look like this:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	game-shortcuts.png
Views:	149
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	9846  
Unread 08-24-2024, 08:25 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Thank you so much

Quote:
It's a little bit more trouble to run twin installations, but doing so will prevent issues like this once you have it set up.

DarqUI settings are saved in either the \POI\ folder for Live servers or the \POI_Origins\ folder for Anashti Sul. When you use the Reset files button the utility is editing all of the custom UI components to point to the correct location for loading and saving your settings. That's why it has to be done before you start the game. If your DarqUI settings don't appear when you log in, it almost certainly means they are in the other POI folder and can't be "seen" in the current session.

With two separate game folders you don't have to reset anything when you play. After you have initially selected the Live server type in the utility for your main installation, settings for your 60+ characters should appear correctly from that point forward. Setting Origins as the server type for the second installation will permanently associate those game files with your Anashti Sul characters.

The easiest way to create a second installation is to copy/paste your current game folder. Take a look at this link for some more information. As an example, my desktop shortcuts look like this:

I really appreciate your answers. I will use the link and read those instructions. Meanwhile, I have been busy setting up all the icon bars which have disappeared, apparently for good. As a side question, is there any rhyme or reason to how the icons to choose from for the icon bar are arranged? thanks again for all your time with this issue!
Unread 08-24-2024, 08:29 AM
A Griffon

Game icons are arranged in "sheets" of 36 icons (6 x 6 grid). That's the most efficient way to display them in the utility. it would be nice if there were a search feature to find icons with "coin" or "hand" etc., but that's way more advanced than what we have to work with.
Unread 09-02-2024, 06:14 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Icon bar spells disappeared again!

OK, I set up several icon bars again on Live server. I HAVE NOT BEEN ON ORIGINS, and those icon bars are empty once again. Why do they keep on disappearing??? I re-did about a dozen icon bars and none of them is still there.
Since we determined that switching from Live to Origins was probably the issue, why has it happened when I have not switched at all?? Seems this happened after I did the DarqueUI update on Sunday.
Please help. I will be very thankful for any help you can provide.
Unread 09-03-2024, 06:25 AM
A Griffon

First, until your DarqUI settings are loading and saving properly, I would configure just one icon for testing. When that icon is working, then you can safely configure the rest of them. Log in to the game and change one Icon Bar icon. Click each Save button that appears.

Next, in the utility on the Files page, click Open in File Explorer. Double-click the POI folder and find darquiv3_iconbar.xml. Right-click, go to Properties and make a note of the Modified Date. Now go back to the POI_Origins folder and look at the same file. Which of the two has a Modified Date from just a few moments ago?
Unread 09-03-2024, 08:22 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Followed your instructions

The date modified on Live Server was correct. It matched the date and time I added one icon to the bar.

Then I switched to Origins and did the same thing. The date and time matched.

Just to see, I checked Live again and the date and time was still there. And the one icon I placed was also there.
I hope this fixes it forever.

I may try loading another game version just for Origins, but I still have a lot of work to do on Live.

Again, thanks for your help!