EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-11-2009, 06:34 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Lightbulb Notepad Ingame Textbox Help.

Ive beent rying to make a simple Textbox from the ControlCenter in the ProfitUI interface.

Ive stripped everything not used from the new window But kept the Text field along with the Clear text button.

Ive Changed the Execute Script to Close Window and place it on the other side where the Clear Text button used to be (swapped them around).

Now Everything works the way I have it now. But I do have a problem. For some reason I cannot get the Text Window to AutoAlign to the size of the window. It only seems to do that Horizontally like it does on the old ControlCenter window.

The text field works, It clears and closes like its meant to but it doesn't Re-Size vertically. Ive tried modifying the XY but it only seems to move the window over the Close and Clear buttons.

Below is my code and a Screen Shot.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="380,104" Name="Notepad" OnShow="Startup.Press=true" PackLocation="center,center" ScrollExtent="336,481" Size="336,481" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" Visible="false">
<Button Name="Startup" OnPress="Parent.OnShow=' '

hide_window Custom.Notepad" />
<Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="9,340" Name="Script" PackLocation="left, bottom" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/CommonElements.CorneredGrouper.data.rect" ScrollExtent="316,102" Size="316,102">
<Scrollbar ArrowPressSound="sounds/button" Control="Textbox" HideIfUnnecessary="true" Location="284,10" MaximumSize="2200,16384" MinimumSize="22,80" Name="Scroll" PackLocation="right,top" PackSize="fixed,fixed" ScrollExtent="22,82" Size="22,82" Style="/CommonElements.ScrollbarVertical.data.style" Visible="false" />
<Textbox Color="#F0F0F0" Cursor="/Cursor.Text" Location="10,10" MaxLines="Unlimited" Name="Textbox" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="274,100" Size="274,100" Style="/CommonElements.Textbox.data.system_style" WrapWidth="Automatic" />
</Page>
<Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="9,340" Name="Script" PackLocation="left, bottom" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/CommonElements.CorneredGrouper.data.rect" ScrollExtent="316,102" Size="316,102">
</Page>
<Button Location="174,440" MaximumSize="16384,32" MinimumSize="32,32" Name="ClearTextButton" OnPress="Parent.Script.Textbox.Text=&apos;&apos;" PackLocation="cfc,bottom" ScrollExtent="150,32" Size="150,32" Style="/CommonElements.PushButton.data.style">:e98f9a11db8f21fd:Clear Text</Button>
<Button Location="9,440" MaximumSize="16384,32" MinimumSize="32,32" Name="Close" OnPress="Parent.Visible=false" PackLocation="cfc,bottom" ScrollExtent="150,32" Size="150,32" Style="/CommonElements.PushButton.data.style">Close Window</Button>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="2,145" Name="EffectsSlidersFrame" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="a,f" RStyleDefault="/FrameStyles.single_pixel">
</Page>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="177,0" Name="RightGrouper" PackLocation="right,top" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.right_grouper.rect" ScrollExtent="170,70" Size="170,70" Visible="false" />
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="-11,0" Name="LeftGrouper" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.left_grouper.rect" ScrollExtent="300,70" Size="300,70">
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Large.LargeStyle" Location="30,3" MaxLines="1" Name="Title" PackSize="absolute,fixed" ScrollExtent="188,20" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Outline.style" Size="188,20" TextAlignment="Center" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" TextColor="#F0D080">Celestial Notepad</Text>
</Page>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="-11,0" Name="Frame" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.frame.rect" ScrollExtent="357,494" Size="357,494" />
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="-11,0" Name="Bkg" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.bkg.rect" ScrollExtent="357,494" Size="357,494" />
</Page>
Now I want to fix the Frame as it is now. With the distance from the border as you see it in the picture. So when you move the box it will always be that far from the border and the Text-Field will stretch accordingly.

I can stretch it Length ways (Left to Right) but not height (up or down). The text field stays the same size when i Re-size the window vertically.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Notepad.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	6726  
Unread 01-12-2009, 02:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Look at the PackSize="<horizontal>,<vertical>" parameter, it is set to a fixed vertical size, set it to an absolute vertical size instead.
Unread 01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Didn't work

Is it something to do with the Groupers? Do I have to remove them?