EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-20-2007, 04:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena
Default New to building UI

Ok, so I'd like to make a ui, only problem I have is I've read the tutorials, and they assume the window on the right of the UI builder shows your backgroud/texture... I'm not seeing the interface... is this due to the updated expansion?

I followed a tutorial and after opening the eq2ui.xml file I was stunned to finally see some graphics, BUT the tutorial said to move windows aside until I found the persona window and once I clicked in the right window everything disappeared no graphics, no boxes, no anything...

Basically I just wanna know if this is happening to other people, if anyone has the uibuilder pre-RoK, or if there is another problem I'm unaware of.

Thanks!
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I don't know what the tutorial suggests, not sure I've ever read it, but these are the ground rules for not getting too much confused UIbuilder:
  1. Always load eq2ui.xml
  2. In the pane on the right select the same module via the tabs as you want to be working in.
  3. To that extent, first find MainHUD in the list on the left and press the up arrow icon to the right of the "Up" button. This will move MainHUD right to the top, making UIbuilder open it by default in the right pane. You will be working in this most of the time so that's convenient. Once you save it will be at that position next time you open that UI.
  4. When working on windows, it is convenient to press that up arrow icon as well to bring them to the front. I do not recommend moving windows out of the way since that affects their default placement.
  5. Some windows are not in MainHUD but in other modules such as Inventory, Journals, Tradeskills, etc. The same as above applies. Bring them to the top for convenience. The tabs on the right pane follow the order on the left pane.
Unread 11-20-2007, 08:50 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

The problem described above is a bug in the UIBuilder. When the display is in Run mode (Play button pushed), trying to move a window, will resize the entire section (ie MainHUD), giving it really odd properties. Thus, everything disappears.

For now, just turn Run mode off, and to move a window around, you have to click the top most element in the tree (the window name itself) and then click and drag the box (without clicking on another element).

Also, to hide all the other windows, you just have to select them all in the tree window, and hide them with the eye-looking button.
Unread 11-22-2007, 06:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena

Thanks for the advice, for now I've just been working directly with the .dss graphics and .xml (ie design and coding outside the uibuilder).