EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 10-05-2007, 04:53 PM
A Berserk Golem
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default hotkeys that show spells are up

Here is my delema. In raids, I like to chain cast. This means that my hotkeys stay greyed out throught the entire battle. The only way I have to know that a spell is up, is to watch for the little white flash. Unfortunately the little flash does it's thing and then disapears. Consiquently i forget some of my spells are up and lose dps by not casting them or I hit the button before it is up and waste valuable casting time. is there a way to create a hotbar that will show readied spells differently from unredied spells even while casting? I picture something like icons get bigger when readied, or get an asterisk on them. A step better might be to show a count down timer on the spell icon for unreadied spells, but I suspect that would be difficult to impossible. Anyway anything that could replace that little white flash with something that stays until the spell is again cast, would serve.
Unread 10-05-2007, 07:17 PM
A Brown Bear

Hi Zabom,

I already posted a request like this one, and read some others too.

For the Coolown Count, it's not possible with the actual GUI.

And for the "grayed icons when we cast", I already asked too. And I even messed up with the DDS and XML for 3 days without any result (I think I found the right DDS but I can't really modify it). It seems to be hardcoded but since I see more and more people complaining about that , maybe the best solution is to ask directly to SOE to give us an option we could be checking/unchecking for this (hey it must be possible to ask this...since we can uncheck grayed icons when oom or out of range)
Unread 10-05-2007, 11:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I seem to remember a WoW UI modification(s) that would display visual text countdowns overtop of greyed out hotbuttons/spells. I think this would be a cool request to put out there.