EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 07-13-2005, 11:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Arrow eq2 podcast beta testers!

hello everybody. I have lurked here and posted occasionally ever since eq1. I have a favor to ask of all you guys and gals. Myself and some friends have been kicking around the idea for the first (and so far only) everquest 2 podcast titled eq2 behind the news. We have done a sample podcast to see if it is worthwhile. in order to get it, and hopefully give some feedback you need to go to:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/EQ2BehindtheNews/

Join up as a member and you gain access to the files area. We are doing it this way because so far it is free. if feeback is positive we will be aquiring a website and doing a true podcast, but those things cost money Here is also a link to the shownotes/blog sight:

http://eq2behindthenews.blogspot.com/

Please check it out and let us know if we should spend time and money making this a reality! thanks!
Asperante Selon - antonia bayle server.
(hopefully yahoo groups won't shut us down too fast!)
Unread 07-18-2005, 10:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default question

ok. a quick question and then i will go back into lurker mode

i have seen a bunch of hits on this page but not alot on the websight. Is there zero interest in being part of the beta, or is there zero interest in a everquest 2 podcast... It won't hurt my feelings. Please let me know!

Thanks again!
::engages lurk mode::
Unread 07-18-2005, 01:47 PM
A Weald Wolf

Default podcast

it Might help if you were to explain WHAT it's supposed to do..
i looked at the website, but i saw NO information as to the PURPOSE of this.. ie does it auto cast ? does it blow up mobs? does it track damage ? all i see when i go on page is a list of stuff, most of which i can't even LOOK at without JOINING... and unless i know it's something that i MIGHT be interested in, i don't join groups...
give us a brief description of this thing.. and what it does . i think that might help the apparent lack of interest issue ...
thanks
steppin
Unread 07-18-2005, 07:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default RE: what is podcasting!

OK i am sorry, I didn't realize how far from left field i was coming. Lets start with the definition of podcasting from wikipedia this should help a bit.

"Podcasting is a method of publishing files via the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed to receive new files automatically. It became popular in late 2004, largely for downloading audio files onto a portable audio player or personal computer. // Podcasting is distinct from other types of online media delivery because of its subscription model, which uses the RSS 2.0 XML (or RDF XML) format to deliver an enclosed file."

Ok so how does that apply to Everquest 2 you ask. Basically our podcast Everquest 2 Behind the News is a 1/2 hour or less radio news show about everyquest 2 that will automatically download into i-tunes, or whatever podcast aggregator you choose to use. Examples include: ipodder from ipodder.org and doppler from dopplerradio.net. Currently we do not have the 'automatically' part set up yet. To do that we will need our own website, which costs money. Hense the beta part. I don't want to shell out money if this is a dumb idea.

Basically in a nutshell the podcast is a mp3 file that can be downloaded and listened to however you would like to listen to any mp3. You could listen while you game, or listen on an ipod, or burn to cd and listen on any cd player.

As far as content of the "podcast radio show" we are looking at 3 main parts, a news part detailing all the new and interesting news from the game, things hopefully you may not know yet. The second part will be a conversation between 2 or 3 of us on different parts of the game that could be better, or at the least debated. And finally we have a female gamer giving her views on being in a rpg, and gaming in general.

Any more questions feel free to ask!
Unread 07-18-2005, 08:05 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

The female gamer part sounds the most interesting ...... Shhh bad Laffs

Joking aside sounds like a good idea but for it to hit off you need contacts on the inside so to speak to get any news leaks .... And any disscussion is going to rattle somebodys cage at some point, You know what the SoE boards are like! .... Personaly I dont think it will take off ... But yeh nice idea and hope you can get it to work.... But you asked for an oppinion (erm well i think you did lol)

Not meaning to be rude or negitive btw, That's just my thoughts on it bud
Unread 07-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Bellum Aeternus
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

You can submit your podcast to Apple and get it on iTunes... somehow.